Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Has anyone heard anything about Tonkatsu DJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

GorfZaplen posted:

Has anyone heard anything about Tonkatsu DJ

The original manga was nominated for the 2016 Manga Taishou, at least.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

darkgray posted:

The original manga was nominated for the 2016 Manga Taishou, at least.

I meant more if anyone is going to pick it up for streaming, or even when it airs.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

so besides being dumb does it get better then cause it started with a generic medieval thing and a girl in chains and i was just like why bother

The girl in chains and some of the cultists or whatever are actually trying to defeat the dragon, so she pops out of those chains and whips out a sword and starts fighting.

so that's something maybe.

I feel like it has a chance at least to be a reasonably fun fantasy adventure so i'll give it a couple episodes and see what happens.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Admoon posted:

I really like the haircut on the third biker girl

It makes a nice combination with the hairband. I've read it compared to Rosie the Riveter.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a kitten posted:

The girl in chains and some of the cultists or whatever are actually trying to defeat the dragon, so she pops out of those chains and whips out a sword and starts fighting.

so that's something maybe.

I feel like it has a chance at least to be a reasonably fun fantasy adventure so i'll give it a couple episodes and see what happens.

ill wait for your update then

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

GorfZaplen posted:

I meant more if anyone is going to pick it up for streaming, or even when it airs.

Dunno about streaming, but it starts airing on Japanese TV on Sun Apr 10th, which is mentioned in the OP.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bakuon features a driver's ed motorcycle complaining about millenials.

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
amazing
https://a.pomf.cat/olfnft.webm

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Okay, gotta give that a try now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
How does I make a thread? I'm intending to do one for Bakuon since that seems reasonably popular enough for a thread.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The link next to reply that says Post.

Also Bakuon was pretty inoffensive, probably won't follow but I might watch it when I get bored.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

How does I make a thread? I'm intending to do one for Bakuon since that seems reasonably popular enough for a thread.

Post> Pick a title and a tag> write op> voila

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If you make it, they will post.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Optional: beg Bad Seafood for one of cycle asylum's tags

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

MANDATORY

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If you make a Bakuon thread, I will post Stig jokes every week.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Agronox posted:

MANDATORY

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Bakuon was wonderfully dumb. It also had a cameo from Yowamushi Pedal's captain. Too lazy to find a comparison image, but here's the one from Bakuon.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

grrarg posted:

Bakuon was wonderfully dumb. It also had a cameo from Yowamushi Pedal's captain. Too lazy to find a comparison image, but here's the one from Bakuon.

:rip:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771051

It's up and functional

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Lol...

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
welp hundred sure is an ln adaption

cerberus didn't seem much better but the last few minutes made me think it may actually not be taking itself as seriously as it seemed. dunno if it'll actually be good beyond that though.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 5, 2016

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Ah. The bow is attached to the back of the helmet. Very good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Parallax posted:

instead of going to college the bike girls go to the void

Girls get into a pileup, none survive

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I cleaned up the bakuon thread a bit and added reasons why it is good and you should check it out

here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771059

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Bakuon thread OPs should decide the true thread via bike race.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Bakuon thread OPs should decide the true thread via bike race.

we could decide it using the official bakuon video game, but im pretty good at it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I made it up until they introduced the little sister character in Hundred, it was already boring generic trash, but no.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Dont

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm too lazy to keep something like that up.

Also Joker Game is pretty cool so far.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'm not convinced by the joker game plot yet, but the production values were fantastic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The kicker will be how it approaches its historical context in the future. Kind of a bad time for Japan. The show seems to be rejecting nationalism so far, though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

The kicker will be how it approaches its historical context in the future. Kind of a bad time for Japan. The show seems to be rejecting nationalism so far, though.

The idealistic, naive protagonist is treated as idealistic and naive, so I don't think that's something to really worry about.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I really liked the scene introducing the Joker Game itself because of course spies play poker like that.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I have a good feeling so far about Joker game. Production is fantastic, too. Still a bit doubtful they won't gently caress it up with revisionistic, nationalistic bullshit though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's kind of hosed up and weird that people see japan make a contemporary history show and go 'ugh, this will be nationalist!!!' as if all japanese are a hivemind of terrible conservative opinions.

Like. Japan has liberals, you know? The country's actual political actions swing pretty conservative because most of the people in power are older men but on a person-to-person basis the country has a broad array of political and cultural views. Because it's a country of over 127 million, of course it does. It'd be like if a show made in America was set in 2002 and your immediate response was assuming it'd be a conservative Dem Terrorists thing. That'd be insane. Nobody would do that.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I have a feeling the author just wanted to write a cool spy story set during that time period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i judge all american shows as conservative

nationalistic too

• Locked thread