Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Joker Game is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell so is Bakuon. BiK-On?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dltm8kuIhQU

drifters pv

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

wait is it an ova or a series, thats announcing vol 5 with a dvd

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The DVD will have a 36-minute edited version of the first and second episodes of the upcoming Drifters television anime adaptation

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I see

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

WitchFetish posted:

I usually despise steampunk because it's the trashiest, most pretentious "aesthetic" for dumb idiots who think they are cool because they glued brass cogs to their tophats, but meiji-steampunk actually looks pretty cool. Also it would appear that steam doesn't work as some sort of convenient magic in the Attack on Trains universe because the steam powered guns have poo poo firepower and can't go through the zombie's chest steel plate.

Steampunk is one of those things that at first seems like it could be an interesting aesthetic but is just poorly executed most of the time. Maybe someone will do it well one day.

But if these guys want to build a train safe from zombies they should build one that's maybe like... Suspended in the air so that's kind of... Upside down? That would make it safe from zombies attacking it from below. Actually forget it that's insane, no one would ever build one like that.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
One would assume their rail system dates from a time when zombie defensibility was not a concern, and once it was, leaving town to build a monorail was kind of impossible

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Haha yeah and anyway overthinking the design and practicality of a transport system in an anime is probably where madness lies.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Everyone gets the steam, but always forgets the punk.

The Difference Engine by Bruce Sterling and William Gibson is pretty much the first steampunk thing and is also almost entirely different from what it is now. Essentially the setup is that Babbage built and perfected his analytical engine and kicked off the information age in Victorian England. It's good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It sucks that this is going to be bad.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It sucks that this is going to be bad.

:confused:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a TV adaptation of an incomplete Kouta Hirano manga.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

away, weirdly negative dude

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Optimism is cool.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a TV adaptation of an incomplete Kouta Hirano manga.

And?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There are plenty of ownage anime based on manga that are incomplete at the time of airing, so idgi

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Unless Drifters somehow has the exact same staff as whatever bad Hirano adaptation(s) you're referencing, I don't see why you'd assume that it'll be bad.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's not like the original Hellsing was totally awful either, it had some kickass music and despite going off the rails once it departed from the manga it was a fun watch. I haven't seen it since it aired so I can't speak to how well it's aged and it's definitely suffered in comparison to Hellsing Ultimate but at the time it was perfectly enjoyable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm still gonna watch it, cuz I liked Hellsing. It's just that from every report I've heard, the manga's story has barely gotten off the ground despite being around for years.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

it's not like the original Hellsing was totally awful either, it had some kickass music and despite going off the rails once it departed from the manga it was a fun watch. I haven't seen it since it aired so I can't speak to how well it's aged and it's definitely suffered in comparison to Hellsing Ultimate but at the time it was perfectly enjoyable.

Yah

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The full pv was one of the best anime pvs I've ever seen and Drifters is insanely cool and entertaining as a comic.

That's like third or fourth hand pessimism you've got there, if you haven't actually read the comic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4DcCVIPJJ0

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm still gonna watch it, cuz I liked Hellsing. It's just that from every report I've heard, the manga's story has barely gotten off the ground despite being around for years.

That sounds like fertile ground for an anime adaption that does its own thing with the premise then.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Which I don't see as an inherently bad thing, of course

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The english translation is incredibly far behind because of dark horse and is still at a really cool place.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

All the stuff they've shown off so far to implies the end point of the adaption would be the big dramatic end to an arc that happened chapters ago too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I could understand not caring about a TV Hirano series, putting aside the actual bad Hellsing anime, the only possible reason to like his stuff is art and cool violence and a TV anime can only suffer in both categories

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The art looks incredible though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

putting aside the actual bad Hellsing anime

it wasn't actually bad tho (see above), and quite a few shows have done both the cool art and violence thing pretty well lately so the negativity seems really premature

I haven't even read the Drifters manga but the PV looks cool as heck IMO

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Sakamoto is the loving best. So happy to see it animated.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
concrete revolutio is back and its still slick as hell, baby

i wonder how bones can handle 3 shows at once. last season had just a single show, i hope they're way ahead on these current 3

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771569

effort

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
mayoiga #2: lmao these people are the worse

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

MrLonghair posted:

:yeah:

Sakamoto is the coolest dude in the universe. I already love this show.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
All the girls are in love with Sakamoto, and hell, so am I.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Phobophilia posted:

mayoiga #2: lmao these people are the worse

yeah it owns

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Netoge no Yome is pretty well done so far. Like, the reveal was obvious, but it was well-paced and they didn't drag out the obvious reveal for 5 episodes like a lot of shows would have done.

I also like the main heroine's voice-actor from Railgun (Last Order, ie. Misaka Says Misaka Says), Tamako Market (Anko, the little sister) and Kanojo ga Flag wa Oraretara (Sakura-ment, the goddess).

It should make the wait for Saekano S2 more bearable, at any rate.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cake Attack posted:

away, weirdly negative dude

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

Netoge no Yome is pretty well done so far. Like, the reveal was obvious, but it was well-paced and they didn't drag out the obvious reveal for 5 episodes like a lot of shows would have done.

I also like the main heroine's voice-actor from Railgun (Last Order, ie. Misaka Says Misaka Says), Tamako Market (Anko, the little sister) and Kanojo ga Flag wa Oraretara (Sakura-ment, the goddess).

It should make the wait for Saekano S2 more bearable, at any rate.

gently caress NORMIES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Mayoiga episode 2 - haha. I can't not watch this now, even if it does turn into Rokka.

• Locked thread