Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

Greetings from Beijing gunpla thread!

Dirty Deeds Done fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One question - how much does the 1/100 Barbatos's 300mm gun need that backpack-mounted sub-arm to stabilise it? I was wondering about the viability of having the Gusion Rebake carry it like in the show.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

One question - how much does the 1/100 Barbatos's 300mm gun need that backpack-mounted sub-arm to stabilise it? I was wondering about the viability of having the Gusion Rebake carry it like in the show.

I haven't tried posing it with it at all yet. I can probably check when I get home in a few hours

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I need a new craft knife, are there any standout recommendations? Easy blade replacement would be super good.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Go to a hardware store and look for a utility knife with an easy replacement mechanic.

Maybe go for one of those six blade sets.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://www.hlj.com/product/tam74020/Sup
i use this and it's good as hell

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I got the DM Tallgeese II for the weapons and because it's my favorite version and decided to relax with a straight build for once.

The build on the torso was nice and clean, but then I got to the legs and :suicide:. So much flash, so many poor fits, and so many imperfections in the mold. I know DM has gotten a lot better since this kit but sheesh.

On the plus side, the Shenlong looks much nicer with a halberd than its actual weapon.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

EthanSteele posted:

I need a new craft knife, are there any standout recommendations? Easy blade replacement would be super good.

Whatever you get, make sure you get some #10 blades if you only intend on straight building. Curved edges allow better, cleaner nub removal.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I've been using a NT Cutter knife. Feel safer with it being retractable and I can push it out further if the nub isn't at the edge of a piece.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I laugh every time I see it.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I use a Swann Morton surgical scalpel. Number 3 handle and usually a number 11 blade.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Liger Zero Panzer;

CAS: Complete!

This thing is goddamn gorgeous and had so, so many detail bits. The only disappointment with the Panzer CAS parts is the side-pod missile launchers tend to try to get stuck when closed instead of sliding out smoothly (not that they should ever be posed closed :colbert:) and a few of the missiles are grey indents rather than actual colour pieces for no reason (the ones behind the doors to the left of the white shoulder missiles, and the fold-out pair on the rear-leg shoulder pieces).

Now I just gotta wait for my Leena Special Gunsniper to arrive in the mail...

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
You're right that is gorgeous!

Thanks for all the recommendations folks.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If you're up for shelling out cash, the conversion kit for that loving awesome MG Nu vKa custom a while back is open for pre-order.

Same goes for that Jesta Cannon conversion I linked, though this one seems to have had its price scalped.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Geeze. I could just get a Jesta Cannon cheaper than a Jesta and the conversion kit.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I do love more lines, but that is too rich for my blood.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That Nu conversion kit looks great, if only because of the stretched waist which makes the legs look more proportionate to the rest of the body.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Anyone know where the missile packs on this Airmaster's legs are from?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I'm eyeing the RX-78-2 PG. There's no indication that they're gonna do a 2.0 or anything are they? I'm sure the more recent PGs have a lot more quality of life or engineering improvements, so if they're going to update it I'll wait for that, but otherwise it looks great. Am I making a Terrible Mistake?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
It's not very good.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The worst thing you can say about older PGs is that their proportions are more on the cartoony side. They're fine otherwise, probably about the level of high end modern MGs.

Also, Bandai finally got the RE:0096 train going with two P-Bandai Unicorn variants: MG Zeta+ A1 and MG Geara Doga.

I don't know why the Zeta+ has a High Mega Cannon now either.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
You can also factor exceedingly substandard parts fit into the RX-78. It's an envelope-pushing engineering job from the days before CAD/CAM and suffers considerably for it.

That said it's impressively big and has a hell of a shelf presence, so I've got mine on display anyway despite it being broken in at least a dozen different places

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Ok. Ill just keep it in my Amazon wish list in case the price drops a bunch.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

BlitzBlast posted:

Anyone know where the missile packs on this Airmaster's legs are from?

They could be scratchbuilt. Though the missiles on the inside indicate the contrary.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

wait what

oh son of a BITCH

I need this now huh.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I will laugh so hard if they were planning ZZ vKa for this year's christmas release and just decided to tack on the V-fin to the Zeta+ because why the gently caress not.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
That's the little-known B variant which has actually been canon from the get-go.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm very mad that Geara Doga is P-Bandai. :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Apr 15, 2016

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm very mad that the Geara Doga is P-Bandai. :(

That Geara Doga, or the Geara Doga in general?

Because in the second case, I have good news.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 15, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

That Geara Doga, or the Gira Doga in general?

That one in general, I know there's a regular MG Geara Doga. I'm just annoyed they're making Unicorn version MGs exclusives. :argh:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

...Why would you want them to make the next general release MG Geara Doga With New Wrists?

Anyway I'm hoping RE:0096 means the Geara Zulu finally comes out.

Ka0 posted:

They could be scratchbuilt. Though the missiles on the inside indicate the contrary.

It turned out to be modified parts from the 1/100 Leopard.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Is there something wrong with me because I can't tell the difference between the two kits.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Yawgmoft posted:

Is there something wrong with me because I can't tell the difference between the two kits.

sleeves. It took a while for me too.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

The worst thing you can say about older PGs is that their proportions are more on the cartoony side. They're fine otherwise, probably about the level of high end modern MGs.

Also, Bandai finally got the RE:0096 train going with two P-Bandai Unicorn variants: MG Zeta+ A1 and MG Geara Doga.

There are a lot of different Zeta Plus variations and one of them has the HMC

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BlitzBlast posted:

...Why would you want them to make the next general release MG Geara Doga With New Wrists?

Anyway I'm hoping RE:0096 means the Geara Zulu finally comes out.

I just want a goddamn Kapool

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I hope the Unicorn TV series gets us an HGUC Sinanju Stein.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I hope the Unicorn TV series gets us an HGUC Sinanju Stein.

This, but Ga-Zowmn.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's gonna be a tight fit, but I think I can fit all my X stuff on this desk.

...Well maybe not the 1/100 G-Falcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

It's gonna be a tight fit, but I think I can fit all my X stuff on this desk.

...Well maybe not the 1/100 G-Falcon.

Why is your Leopard Da Vinci not standing with its guns out, laying waste to all before it in a hail of bullets and missiles? :colbert: