Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

And yeah, director, writer and source is something I can add easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Which weekday the show airs/appears on streaming.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Just watched the second project itoh film, Harmony. It's really drat good, much more thematically complete and engaging the whole way through. It tells a much tighter, more character driven story than Empire of Corpses. It's a beautiful film, not much action, more detective work and psychology. It's not completely made up, some of it is based on real neuroscience. The opening imagery is truly unsettling once you understand its implications. The character designs are haunting, as are the two main leads. Reina Ueda knocked it out of the park with Miach, every scene where she speaks is absolutely haunting and chills you down to the soul, as felt the MC.

Also, where Empire of Corpses was a yaoi show, Harmony is a yuri show. It ain't even subtle about it.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Having info on director and writer is really useful. For instance, I knew that Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu was going to be one to keep an eye on when I heard about it's director (a slight lie, I was following the director and knew he was working on it).

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I use the Amazon links, but can find content on the other services easily enough.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

nielsm posted:

Which weekday the show airs/appears on streaming.

I dunno. I think using something like this is a better idea. It takes you timezone into account and stuff:
http://anichart.net/airing

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Anne-Happy seems like it's going to be a pretty standard moe show but with the worst teacher ever.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Everything Burrito posted:

what are you talking about dude, there's a whole squad of people reading the manga super excited about the show

Oh, I hadn't heard anything about it or heard people talk about it wither. But good to know!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Explosions posted:

Amanchu is a great-rear end comic.
I've tried to read it like 3 times, but it never grabs me in the "STAY AWAKE AND READ ALL OF THIS" kinda way that some people have led me to believe it would. Maybe I'll just try the anime.

Everything Burrito posted:

what are you talking about dude, there's a whole squad of people reading the manga super excited about the show

Also this. The You're Already Dad thread is essentially full of people who will (I hope) stop at nothing to try to get people to watch Sweetness and Lightning. The manga is amazing, and I'm looking forward to the fuwa-fuwa cuteness being animated :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Amanchu is very much the opposite of a stay awake reading series.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

Amanchu is very much the opposite of a stay awake reading series.

Keep in mind I'm a person whose favorite series features a certain coffee-fueled robot, so excitement is not something I need.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

SO ZAREGOTO'S GETTING ANIMATED

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-05-02/writer-nisioisin-site-launches-countdown-featuring-jun-aikawa-character/.101702

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Usakame is not absurd enough to be a good Teekyu substitute, but it's difficult to drop a 3
minute show.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm giving up on Crane Game Girls. It's just not very interesting.

I really liked JK Meshi too :(

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

I know nothing about this other than that it's Nisio and SHAFT and that's a combination that makes me so happy to be getting more of.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Honestly, the only things that I'm still watching this season are Space Patrol Luluco, Baku-on!!, and My Hero Academia, Though I do plan on catching up on JJBA later on down the line. And checking out Kiznaiver, Mayoiga, and Kabaneri if they don't crash and burn by the end.

EDIT: Will probably watch Tonkatsu DJ too.

Julias fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 3, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Why no Flying Witch?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Why no Flying Witch?

I didn't care for it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Julias posted:

I didn't care for it.

Well, that says it all.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Watching Kiznaiver (weird, but I like it so far), Mayoiga (I hate everyone, I can't look away from Goon Camp), Tonkatsu DJ (nice), and Flying Witch (boring and relaxing, cute and fun). Kabaneri, I'll catch up w/ eventually and I'll probably marathon other shows from this season once their run is over.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Julias posted:

I didn't care for it.

:cry:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Actually, I completely forgot to check out Tonkatsu DJ. I'll probably like that.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

definitely watching posted:

SM Crystal
Kabaneri
No Girls on the Internet
Tanaka
Haifuri
Flying Witch
Pan de Peace
Tonkatsu DJ
Sansha Sanyou
Macross Mother loving Delta

curently watching, maybe not for long posted:

Bakuon
Joker Game
Kumamiko

still need to check out past the first episode posted:

Luluco
Kiznaiver
Kuromukuro

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Those last three all range from good to great, Kuromukuro in particular has been a surprising treat.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

Those last three all range from good to great, Kuromukuro in particular has been a surprising treat.

The gifs that have been posted 'round these parts have assured that that one gets at least a couple more episodes. Really, all three of those will likely get their chance, there's just so much anime...

Cobalt Zeroni
Feb 15, 2015
Currently following Re:Zero, Luluco, Sakamoto, Tonkatsu DJ and Hero Academia. Might pick up Mayoiga at some point.
(also cracking into Kaiba and JoJo part 1 during downtime)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cobalt Zeroni posted:

Currently following Re:Zero, Luluco, Sakamoto, Tonkatsu DJ and Hero Academia. Might pick up Mayoiga at some point.
(also cracking into Kaiba and JoJo part 1 during downtime)

kaiba is extremely good

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: I'm sad that Macross Delta doesn't have all the sirens. :siren: Because it owns. :siren:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Fenrir posted:

:siren: I'm sad that Macross Delta doesn't have all the sirens. :siren: Because it owns. :siren:

that's hosed up

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Fenrir posted:

I dance internally every Sunday, just like that.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm watching Tonkatsu DJ

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm watching Tonkatsu DJ

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm glad Tonkatsu DJ is getting love here

Lots of other places are dismissing it as poorly animated rubbish and that's lame!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The animation might be limited but they're working around those restraints p well

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
It's the best show of the season.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Surely this means season 2 of Turning Girls any time now, right? :shobon:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Man, I wish.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

It's the best show of the season.

It's great

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Srice posted:

I'm glad Tonkatsu DJ is getting love here

Lots of other places are dismissing it as poorly animated rubbish and that's lame!!

People who use animation as the primary indicator of overall quality are real losers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

People who use animation as the primary indicator of overall quality are real losers.

Yeah, especially when they're only talking about fluidity and ignore stuff like scene composition and the like.

• Locked thread