Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tomo-chan looks good in sunglasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I missed chapter 3 of Children Wouldn't Understand going up earlier this week. It's still good, and has introduced a trans character out of nowhere.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Sakurazuka posted:

Has there been any actual progression in that recently?

well that was a good chapter for some progression

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Speaking of progression, I Love You, Baby has been getting a lot of updates recently. It's a cute series about two middle-schoolers, a shy girl and a boy in the judo club, and their developing friendship (and later romance). The pace seems pretty good so far!

Also it has fluffy Pomeranians in it, what's there not to like

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nondevor posted:

Speaking of progression, I Love You, Baby has been getting a lot of updates recently. It's a cute series about two middle-schoolers, a shy girl and a boy in the judo club, and their developing friendship (and later romance). The pace seems pretty good so far!

Also it has fluffy Pomeranians in it, what's there not to like

I was wondering about that one but hadn't checked it out due to being kinda burnt out on the "girl afraid of guys" thing, I'll probably keep an eye on it for when there are more chapters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I loving love Carol

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

This manga is pure gold.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I get tired of Jun and Tomo, but I never get tired of Misuzu and Carol.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

kuragehime is still good. this is a good comment after the latest chapter

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Compendium posted:

I get tired of Jun and Tomo, but I never get tired of Misuzu and Carol.

You have one half of a good opinion.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah just get rid of Jun and we're good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

Watashitachi ni wa Kabe ga Aru reverses the hair color thing. The main guy/childhood friend has light hair and the second guy has dark hair.

It's kind of dumb but Reita is such an incredible dork I can't help but root for him.

The number of kabe-dons Reita does in this comic is hilarious. It seems like every scene he shows up in he does a kabe-don to the MC.

While it's true that this reverses the hair color thing, black hair guy doesn't really look like a "typical" black hair shoujo love interest. The cut of his hair is different and his personality is still the more kind/passive type that is normally relegated to light-hair guys.

edit: Actually this comic is kinda hosed up if you ignore the default assumption that the MC is also interested in Reita. Like, Reita's actions go WAY over the line and become downright harassment.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
^Yeah he's ridiculously pushy, that's part of why I said it was kind of dumb, another part being the lead takes part in not just one but TWO fake dating relationships, and then also the whole thing being so reliant on her refusal to admit her feelings for him. You certainly aren't getting anything unique with that one, and it's mostly the stuff from Reita's POV that's kept me interested since so much of his behavior is a front and/or he's doing something stupid and doesn't even realize what a doof he's being.

Phoneposting so I'll add a link later -- ReRe Hello finally cleared up the very annoying misunderstanding the two leads had going. I'm assuming the title is playing off Ririko's name or something but it was starting to feel like a reference to how dense she was being.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I know it's been a while, but..

Ojojojo is still adorable.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Oh poo poo it's back?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think it ever went anywhere, it looks more like the scanlators were waiting for tankoban scans or something.

I really like Ojojojo; that author is very prolific but that's the only one of his/her's that I care about. Well, I guess Komori is alright.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

^Yeah he's ridiculously pushy, that's part of why I said it was kind of dumb, another part being the lead takes part in not just one but TWO fake dating relationships, and then also the whole thing being so reliant on her refusal to admit her feelings for him. You certainly aren't getting anything unique with that one, and it's mostly the stuff from Reita's POV that's kept me interested since so much of his behavior is a front and/or he's doing something stupid and doesn't even realize what a doof he's being.

Yeah the MC's behavior is another thing that is unintentionally hilarious. The way she behaves is actually realistic for a teenager; teenagers are prone to thinking that dumb poo poo like "pretending to date your buddy to make your love interest jealous" is actually a good idea. But this comic seems to actually play it straight and act like this is a reasonable strategy for the heroine.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In today's Tomo-chan, Carol shows how good she is at keeping a secret.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Baron Snow posted:

I know it's been a while, but..

Ojojojo is still adorable.

Also, things get hot in the new chapter of Their Story/Tamen de Gushi

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And spicy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Might be my favorite chapter of tamen de gushi

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Just wonderful.

Also have a totally :love: chapter of Yona too.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Is yona off hiatus, or is this just a chapter that didn't get translated yet

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
In today's Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To, holy poo poo Kaguya :stare:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Oh, I will buy a lot, but the japanese out insulting the french?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Haha

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Pavlov posted:

That wasn't out-insulting, that was out-yandereing.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Exhibit A: The author can't even imagine a french quality tongue lashing, just ensures us that it exists.

That is the cultural difference we're talking about here.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Teasing Titan Takagi-san - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san/Ch-029-005--021-Game?id=275092

In which Takagi just flat out, expressly, directly, unmistakeably, asks Nishikata to just go ahead and kiss her.

And Nishikata, moron that he is, turns her down. :argh:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
New Tamen De Gushi in which our heroines suffer in the name of love.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ha, wasn't me who posted it a second time this time. That said there were some pages there I don't remember being in the tumblr.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Nate RFB posted:

Ha, wasn't me who posted it a second time this time. That said there were some pages there I don't remember being in the tumblr.

:negative:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I think the first release missed one page or something

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bokura no Negai is so good! I'd been holding off thinking I'd read it when it was finished but since it's still ongoing and got an update recently I gave in and started it. I've been sitting on Kimi to Kore Kara for the same reason (waiting for it to finish) but probably should just go on and read it too, would be a good excuse to re-read Konya mo Nemurenai anyway.

I wish someone was translating this one; best I can make out from machine-translated amazon.jp pages is it's about an uncle who adopts his sister's kids and I mean COME ON a single-dad manga drawn by Kotetsuko Yamamoto why can I not read this RIGHT NOW :argh: (even if someone else is handling the writing)

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 27, 2016

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Holy loving poo poo, Tomo-chan :stare:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Mikl posted:

Holy loving poo poo, Tomo-chan :stare:

(The page prior.)

Who's Jun again?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
http://www.gomanga.com/articles/extraextra/seven-seas-stops-to-smell-the-flowers-with-kase-san-and-yuri-manga-license/879

:toot: good poo poo