Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

154 parts for 12 small parts. Goddammit Mechanicore, you're killing me here. And they're so insanely detailed that even someone like me who models for god more often than not isn't gonna bother panel lining all of it until I know exactly what's gonna be showing because gently caress that.

Very nice Matsumoto Custom you've got there :kheldragar:

If it's any consolation, the kit's looking way better than the box art made me think it would. Even if I don't understand the chest-penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

It, and the white thing below it, is a giant I-Field Generator. It's huge because the Deep Striker is huge, and it's jutting out like that it so it can cover more of the suit.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Picked up the Barbatos 6th Form 1/100 today.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I just wanted a straight-out-of-MGS REX, not a jungle camo :negative:

Speaking of things that have ludicrously large guns and radomes:

Head, upper/lower torso, chest... thing, left and right arms, I-Field generator, main gun, radome, backpack, and stand are finished. 11/18 steps done, finally getting there. :toot:

Unfortunately this leaves me with the waist, 2x leg thrusters, 2x main thrusters, gun, and verniers. And all but the gun and verniers are hilariously parts heavy, and the verniers, for being one step, still involves building four of them. :shepface:

And then there's the decals, because I am basically going to glue this thing in when I put everything together, so I'm gonna decal everything up first before I do the final assembly and :shepicide:

I've been following your progress on this for a little while now, and I have to ask just what in god's name this monstrosity is supposed to be?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've been following your progress on this for a little while now, and I have to ask just what in god's name this monstrosity is supposed to be?

The S Gundam Deep Striker from Sentinel.

This monster.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

The S Gundam Deep Striker from Sentinel.

This monster.

:stonklol:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

DW summed it up pretty well, it's Mechanicore's take on the Deep Striker.

Mechanicore is a third party group who does stylized 1/100 versions of the biggest monster suits from the Universal Century. They did the Kshatriya (under their former name, ELYN), Xi, and Penelope. And soon they'll be releasing their version of the Qubeley

For the Xi and Penelope, they pretty much just made downsized, slightly altered versions of the G-System resin kits, but their Deep Striker is about 99% their own molds, minus the like ten pieces they have in the chest that's straight up the Bandai Ex-S parts. I never got their Kshatriya (:smith:), and I'm not interested in the Qubeley, but the rest I have, since it fits perfectly into my own personal sense of design aesthetics. Which is to say, huge, overly detailed, and spiky. Here's a friend holding the main gun, for scale.

It's... Pretty big. And I'm only mostly done with this 2000 piece, 3 kilo, one meter long monstrosity after 6 months.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Meanwhile I can't even work on anything until Sealmodel ships my new Gaia Paints over to me. :negative:

I'm never using surface mail by ship again.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I'm building the MG tallgeese and want to actually paint up Zechs. Any tips for painting the 1/100 pilot figures?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Luminaflare posted:

I'm building the MG tallgeese and want to actually paint up Zechs. Any tips for painting the 1/100 pilot figures?

Get really thin paint brushes and a magnifying glass.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
It looks like Gundam Planet is also getting the 1/144 Dendrobium for $299, and it's 10%off off this weekend. Get your orders in if you ever wanted one and have a meter long space to display it. Neo Zeong too.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

I like it when modellers do stuff like this because it takes away the soulcrushing dullness of repetition kit syndrome. I swear there's yet another exia/sazabi/unicorn build everyday on goodgame, kitscollection or everyother facebook group.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goddamn, they even got the sword edges right.

The chest vents should look like they got slashed through tho.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ka0 posted:

I like it when modellers do stuff like this because it takes away the soulcrushing dullness of repetition kit syndrome. I swear there's yet another exia/sazabi/unicorn build everyday on goodgame, kitscollection or everyother facebook group.

If i see another recolored Sazabi ver Ka with a billion panel-lines added to it I think I'm going to explode.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That Zoro Astray is loving amazing. :stare:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone in Korea is producing 1/100 Zaku II rifles from The Origin.

Does anyone here know enough Korean to determine if they ship overseas? Or am I gonna have to ask around for folks station in Korea to act as a trans-shipper if I throw them a few bucks for their services?

http://www.zlpla.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=60&cate_no=1&display_group=3#none

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Needs more metal parts.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Maybe it's robot acne.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the owner of that steampunk robot's gonna be real mad when he finds out someone ruined the iron & brass paintjob

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Does anyone besides G-System make a Hyper Mega Launcher for the PG Zeta? Theirs is pretty expensive for a single weapon and a head I'll never use.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

God drat do I love the anime north nominoichi. I got all of this stuff for only 200 dollars

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Monaghan posted:

God drat do I love the anime north nominoichi. I got all of this stuff for only 200 dollars

Did you happen to pick those up from the Toys on Fire booth? You didn't see them selling an rg zaku 2 did you? I ask because I ordered one from them, went over to their store to pick it up, and discovered they'd taken their entire stock to AN in Toronto, taking my order with them.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 31, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

Gimme that MB Freedom.

Just to give you fair warning, 1/100 Virtue is a pretty bad kit.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It is.

And I hate you for having it when I don't. :negative:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It is.

And I hate you for having it when I don't. :negative:

It looks like it's part of the big NG 1/100 Seed re-print coming down the pipeline. http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-GDM-0057-S001&page=top to secure your preorder, or I'm sure it's at 1999. I don't have Gundam Planet's preorders in a handy list format, but chances are good they'd be getting one too.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I heard you liked panel lines

http://schorst.blogspot.cl/2016/05/ghosts-pg-rx-78-02-first-gundam.html

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

HG Rick Dom II is a bad kit with bad fittings (the shoulders in particular) and bad spruce placements (the color/type of plastic makes it impossible to sand out).

that is way too many panel lines ahhhh

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I do, where are they? I just see a couple faint ones. :kheldragar:

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 1, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

RD Nu was exactly what I wanted. It's really nice having an articulated Nu Gundam that looks like the original lineart and doesn't fall apart at a touch!

It has a nifty expansion set too, but I'd never be able to fit the giant pyramid on my desk so screw that.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did you happen to pick those up from the Toys on Fire booth? You didn't see them selling an rg zaku 2 did you? I ask because I ordered one from them, went over to their store to pick it up, and discovered they'd taken their entire stock to AN in Toronto, taking my order with them.
nope. Only thing I bought from a dealer was the hg nobel gundam from silver snail.

TaurusOxford posted:

Gimme that MB Freedom.

Just to give you fair warning, 1/100 Virtue is a pretty bad kit.

Yeah I heard how bad it was before buying it. It can't do the iconic "holding the guns with both hands" pose at all. I'll think of some basic pose for it though.

Also the MB Freedom is super nice. I'm really surprised by its heft.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

having just read about panel lines (and how to scribe new ones), this is a really nice look! My first attempt ended with mixed results, so I'm not sure if it's worth photographing lol

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Kuvo posted:

HG Rick Dom II is a bad kit with bad fittings (the shoulders in particular) and bad spruce placements (the color/type of plastic makes it impossible to sand out).

The MG Dom is a million times better and not at all that expensive relatively speaking, you should really look into one.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

MG dom / rick dom is really really nice.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There's no MG Rick Dom II, though. :(

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

MJP posted:

It looks like it's part of the big NG 1/100 Seed re-print coming down the pipeline. http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-GDM-0057-S001&page=top to secure your preorder, or I'm sure it's at 1999. I don't have Gundam Planet's preorders in a handy list format, but chances are good they'd be getting one too.

Wait, what, a 1/100 reprint? And I could get the 00 suits? Fuuuuuuuck I need money right now

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Seconding the MG Dom/Rick Dom. The construction is RE/100ish, but with a lot more polycaps, and it has a dash of modern MG in the legs, but it works great and the thing is really chunky and satisfying when you're done. It's simple to make, but everything seems to fit just fine. It's a relaxing build.

I prefer the MG Rick Dom because of the gigantic beam bazooka and the duller colors, but either one is fine.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The Dom also comes with a shitload of weapons, which you can spread around to other models if yer so inclined.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They also do awesome buddy cop poses

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Monaghan posted:

nope. Only thing I bought from a dealer was the hg nobel gundam from silver snail.

Okay, just thought I'd ask. I like buying from them but that was a screwup on their end. Got an email apologizing for the mixup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Are there any private sellers who do 1/144 led lights? I'm building an RG Z'gok and I think he would look really cool with an led. Or am I just making things up about those existing.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 2, 2016