Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I always forget there are people that are like 45 that post on this site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bragging about trolling Usenet in 97 but having no idea who Goku is is about as goony as it gets sorry gents.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How do you not know about Dragonball z by osmosis. You're a big nerd who posts on a forum.

I just googled him and realize I've seen pictures of him but always thought he was that secret guy from Street Fighter II for some reason. And I always thought Dragon Ball was a cartoon but it looks like it was more than that.

My life now makes more sense after finding out who Goku was/is. I am apparently the Ultimate Goon though I don't remember trolling Usenet in 1997 though I did buy a lot of Star Wars toys there and was part of the effort to split rec.art.sf.starwars.toys into a vintage and a modern group so I am a goony goon nerdy nerd please accept me. I also contributed to the REM FAQ and had someone send me a free bootleg tape of Indigo Girls songs.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I just realized we haven't seen Rickon at all since he got dropped off at Winterfell. He's the off-screen allstar of both book and TV.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I just realized we haven't seen Rickon at all since he got dropped off at Winterfell. He's the off-screen allstar of both book and TV.

I'm sure he'll be on point this weekend though!

or!

I'm sure he'll be a point of interest this week!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rickon's in the previews who do you think is on those burning x's?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
guys, the gbs got thread is currently way funnier than this one

And we're debating the merits of anime :ohdear:

it's getting pearshaped in here

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There's a reason this thread became the bad thread.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah I'm aware he's supposed to bite it next week but, again, what an arc:

Hello, I'm a young Stark boy. I've got a few speaking lines but other than that I'm aggressively shoved into the background.

OK now I'm in Brans gang, give me a few toss off lines that could have easily been given to any other character

Now I'm disappearing again, but my powers of off-screening have developed to the point that I'm taking a minor character with me

I'm back, uh, I guess we were just sort of wandering around. *throws a ninja smoke bomb at the plot*

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Max posted:

There's a reason this thread became the bad thread.

It was supposed to be Bad, meaning like Cool. It means we're the cool thread. We're too cool to know who Goko is.

Post some funny GBS stuff.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
What would this thread do if GRRM decided to radically depart from his original plan/tv show and comes up with something actually good?

My vote is to permanently install whatever thing makes google roll when you search do a barrel roll

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Super Ninja Fish posted:

It was supposed to be Bad, meaning like Cool. It means we're the cool thread. We're too cool to know who Goko is.

Chairman Wao posted:

SaltLick posted:

I feel like Milhouse just wanting the plot to get to the fireworks factory already

Dany should be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.

Whenever Dany isn't on screen every other character should be asking "Where's Dany?"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I guess adopting the title of Bad Thread meant that some of the original Bad Thread had to be adopted into here as well. Such is the way titles are inherited.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This is no longer the bad thread, it's called "the bland thread".

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

syscall girl posted:

Dany should be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.

Whenever Dany isn't on screen every other character should be asking "Where's Dany?"
[/quote]

The polite and helpful robot that can't understand human debauchery ITT is funnier

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Can we post spoilers about the hidden Targaryen of the hundred acre wood in gibbis?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
As much as I hate anime discussion I'd be disappointed if this weren't the worst thread not on TVIV.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

visceril posted:

Can we post spoilers about the hidden Targaryen of the hundred acre wood in gibbis?

Yes. They don't care and live to spoil everyone else. It really is just a relocation of the bad thread.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
You don't know bad threads until you stumble across the Eve Online one...

I'm very disappointed I didn't get to see WunWun go apeshit in a tower and make peanut-butter out of some dickhead backstabbing brothers.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm very disappointed I didn't get to see WunWun go apeshit in a tower and make peanut-butter out of some dickhead backstabbing brothers.

He did paint the wall wit that one guy though. And that was cool.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Solice Kirsk posted:

He did paint the wall wit that one guy though. And that was cool.

I'll take it. I'll take what D&D will give me. :goatsecx:

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What would this thread do if GRRM decided to radically depart from his original plan

what, write a book?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Cannon_Fodder posted:

The OG Bad Thread used to be located in ADTRW, and was a loving nightmare factory.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mossyfisk posted:

what, write a book?

tyrion loving arya on a dragon while dany watches, moistly

with an internal monologue that compares the imp's cock with ~daario's~

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Why do people dislike the word moist?

Why do people feel strongly about the pronunciation of a word?

Eandr
Oct 9, 2012
The Bad Thread is the Good Thread
The Spoiler Thread is the Bad Thread
The Unsullied Thread is the Ugly Thread

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Why are people assuming Cersei's gonna blow up the church? Was there a leak, or is it just that it's the most obvious & predictable possibility so of course they'll do it?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Okay so he planned on having a five year gap originally but didn't want to explain too much in flashbacks so he added more books and just skipped the skip. Okay. Jon was commander of the night's watch for like a weekend. He enacted two changes and got shanked. Was he supposed to have taken 5 years to do those things and get shanked or spend 5 years as a dead person, literally or hiding out as someone dead, instead? I have so many questions.

Preston jacobs said some book the house of the worm had a character that shares the same plot as jaime lannister so gently caress it I got three bucks and a kindle. Lets do this. Let's get wild cardsed up. I don't give a gently caress anymore. I'm diving into the GRRM sci fi.

Elman posted:

Why are people assuming Cersei's gonna blow up the church? Was there a leak, or is it just that it's the most obvious & predictable possibility so of course they'll do it?

Well bran's flashback was of the mad king decanting some wildfire screaming "burn them all" over and over almost like "hey pay attention to this, it's important" and jaime is, instead of falling out of love with cersei as he grows as a person, declaring that he'll never, never stop loving his sister, whom he loves, forever, so obviously he's being set up to do a "oh my god so shocking? Who could have seen this happen?" sororicide. I mean there's no other way to look at it that I can see. When this show does a twist, now, it slaps it down with ham hands and hope nobody thinks about it too hard. Everyone thinking arya was the waif or tyler dudren were hoping for a subtle twist. No. Only ham handed twists. Only rickon shot in the back twists. Jaime is going to stab cersei by the end of the season, and the only reason he'd do that is if she turned into the mad king and tried to burn everyone.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Every spoiler posted on Reddit has turned out true so far. RIP Baby Stark.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Elman posted:

Also her conversation with Qyburn where he's talking about investigating rumors (presumably of the wildfire caches throughout the city) and says something like "it's much more than we thought".

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Elman posted:

green dreams

bran's psychic power can ignite wildfire apparently

cuz it's green

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
tom green set fire to drew barrymore's house

coincidence?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
wildfire, valyrian steel

it all makes sense now

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Tommen Green in Frey Got Fingered

Cersei: This church sandwich.

Tommen Green: What?

Cersei: It doesn't have enough power in it.

Tommen Green: Well... we can't have thaaaaat, 'cause, you know, a church sandwich with no power, it's just...some guy talking about The Seven, and you know what? I could LOSE MY CROWN. I could lose ALLLLLLLL THIS.

[starts cramming all the clout and steel into the Sept of Baelor]

Tommen Green: So you can... have... all... the power... you want.

[throws a squad of Sparrows at Cersei and The Mountain]

Cersie: What the hell do you expect me to do with this?

Gord Brody: Well, I don't know. You could... SHOVE IT UP YOUR BUM-BUM.

[Cersei leaves, disgusted]

Gord Brody: Yooou... can... put... the... chuuuurch... in... your... bum...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Frey Got Fingered
lol

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Also remember that Ramsay is going to 360 noscope Wunwun in the eye with an arrow next episode instantly killing him

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Gord Brody: Yooou... can... put... the... chuuuurch... in... your... bum...

I am having a religious experience

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Cersie also actually set the tower of the hand on fire in the books, which is a plot point that hasn't been used quite yet. I had almost totally forgotten about that bit, until she talked to Qyburn. I can see them taking that plot beat and giving it to the sept instead.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
[int - siege of storms end]

Selyse: Shireen, sit down. We're having cat.

Shireen: Why do you guys always have cat?

Stannis: Boo-hoo. Little Lady Fauntleroy's tummy hurts because there's too much cat in it.

Shireen: It's just boring.

[Opens satchel, pulls out a dog sandwich]

Shireen: I'm eating a dog sandwich.

Stannis: No, you're not!

Shireen: This is crazy. I'm a lady of house Baratheon, I should be able to eat a dog sandwich if I want.

Stannis: Ooooohh she's a lady of house Baratheon and she can eat a dog sandwich. Very Impressive. Tywin Lannister's son is a sworn Kingsguard, and my daughter can eat a dog!

[Grabs cat sandwich, throws it to the rats]

Selyse: Stannis, no!

Stannis: You can either bend the knee and eat that goddamn cat, or you can go to bed.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Daius posted:

Also remember that Ramsay is going to 360 noscope Wunwun in the eye with an arrow next episode instantly killing him

I had understood that Wun Wun and Rickon would both be shot but I hadn't heard for sure that both were going to die.

And Cersei is going to use the fire to burn the sept but I bet it ends up being more than the sept and it gets all of King's Landing including the four armies that will be there and the north and vale will wipe each other out and then the last scene will be the fall of the Wall and the wights coming over it and Dany landing with Dothraki