Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They both suck but there's a lot less Seaquest than Voyager to slog through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Seaquest: Voyager

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Atleast the break out star of SeaQuest had the decency to kill himself after realizing how poo poo it was

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I would watch the Neelix and Darwin show

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I would watch the Neelix and Darwin show

Does Darwin get to drown Neelix?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SeaQuest was a perfectly good show for the single season it lasted. :colbert:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
apparently there's a musician who decided to call himself Neelix

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bardeh posted:

apparently there's a musician who decided to call himself Neelix

Dude's got a punchable face, so he just embraced it?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK9dlmYvB-Y

I'm not sure how to feel about this, apart from the fact that p stew's got some youthful lookin legs

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 6, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm just glad someone else calls him P-Stew

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

don't forget Garibaldi's Daffy Duck poster

The only thing I remember actually enjoying in the B5 episodes I watched was Garibaldi taking some alien back to his quarters to watch Duck Dodgers cartoons. Just nice to see some pop culture in a sci-fi show that wasn't made up for the show or so old it was out of copyright. I mean really, Paramount, you couldn't have spent the money to let Picard be into Philip Marlowe instead of Dixon Hill?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I remember there was a very dramatic and tense scene that was made hysterical cause it was in front of the giant Daffy poster above his bed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I remember there was a very dramatic and tense scene that was made hysterical cause it was in front of the giant Daffy poster above his bed.

Just LOL if you don't have a Daffy Duck poster above your bed

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost
I watched Babylon 5 all the way through with my brother. During one scene in a commissary, Sheridan was eating breakfast and talking with Ivanova. He had a clear mug filled with some strange green liquid that looked like ecto-cooler kool-aid.

My brother lost interest in what they were talking about because he was wondering what the liquid could possibly be, and was jolted out of his reverie by Sheridan announcing "I'm going to get some more of (glances down at his mug) whatever the Hell this is."

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Iron Crowned posted:

Just LOL if you don't have a Daffy Duck poster above your bed

And take my 49 hottest guy of the year Garret Wang poster? I'd rather die.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

plushpuffin posted:

I watched Babylon 5 all the way through with my brother. During one scene in a commissary, Sheridan was eating breakfast and talking with Ivanova. He had a clear mug filled with some strange green liquid that looked like ecto-cooler kool-aid.

My brother lost interest in what they were talking about because he was wondering what the liquid could possibly be, and was jolted out of his reverie by Sheridan announcing "I'm going to get some more of (glances down at his mug) whatever the Hell this is."

Do you not chase your flarn with a mug of ecto cooler?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sunswipe posted:

The only thing I remember actually enjoying in the B5 episodes I watched was Garibaldi taking some alien back to his quarters to watch Duck Dodgers cartoons. Just nice to see some pop culture in a sci-fi show that wasn't made up for the show or so old it was out of copyright. I mean really, Paramount, you couldn't have spent the money to let Picard be into Philip Marlowe instead of Dixon Hill?

Keep in mind that TNG did Sherlock Holmes under the assumption that it was public domain, and then put off doing the Moriarty sequel for, what, three years? until they finally sorted things out with the Conan Doyle estate. TNG had more money, but not a lot of that was discretionary per-episode - and presumably some of that went towards making the sets look less cheap than Babylon 5's did.

Also, important thing to remember with B5 and Daffy is that they're both Warner Bros properties, so it didn't cost WB anything to put those Daffy Duck clips in. (Although, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if WB found a way to bill PTEN for it...)

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Keep in mind that TNG did Sherlock Holmes under the assumption that it was public domain, and then put off doing the Moriarty sequel for, what, three years? until they finally sorted things out with the Conan Doyle estate. TNG had more money, but not a lot of that was discretionary per-episode - and presumably some of that went towards making the sets look less cheap than Babylon 5's did.

Also, important thing to remember with B5 and Daffy is that they're both Warner Bros properties, so it didn't cost WB anything to put those Daffy Duck clips in. (Although, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if WB found a way to bill PTEN for it...)

When I would watch those shows with my dad as a kid he'd play a little game called "spot the hvac part made to look like future tech" and it's hilarious how much there is.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, I know about the cost issue, but there must be something Paramount owned they could have used. Just makes it a little more real when they can refer to things that actually exist. Admittedly, I might be a bit autistic about this. It takes me out of Tarantino films when characters ask for Red Apple cigarettes or are going around barefoot for no reason.

e: I was really hoping Paramount made Spenser: For Hire, but turns out that was WB as well. So the crew of B5 probably all got to be big fans of Robert B. Parker while Picard had to make up his favorite books. :argh:

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 6, 2016

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
its because most Tarantino films suck rear end

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
Well the barefoot thing is because Tarantino has an obvious foot fetish.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Doesn't that lovely josey wheaton have a foot fettish too?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

plushpuffin posted:

It's Zima. That's what Zima was like.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

AugmentedVision posted:

its because most Tarantino films suck rear end

Get the gently caress out. The only bad Tarantinos are Death Proof, Kill Bill Vol 2, and Hateful Eight

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Premeditated Toast posted:

Well the barefoot thing is because Tarantino has an obvious foot fetish.

I know. That's why it takes me out of the film.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Do you think Tarantino likes Voyager

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think anyone likes Voyager.

e: Actually, Tarantino's probably a big fan of the episode where Kes is trying to get pregnant.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like Voyager

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I am watching VOyager right now.

Janeway and Tuvok are on the Excelsior

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The closest Takei is ever going to get to his Captain Sulu series.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I am watching VOyager right now.

Janeway and Tuvok are on the Excelsior

Keep your eyes peeled for the fat little boy in a red wig that portrays "Young Janeway"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sunswipe posted:

The closest Takei is ever going to get to his Captain Sulu series.

It was nice of them to include Yeoman Rand

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah, I know about the cost issue, but there must be something Paramount owned they could have used. Just makes it a little more real when they can refer to things that actually exist. Admittedly, I might be a bit autistic about this. It takes me out of Tarantino films when characters ask for Red Apple cigarettes or are going around barefoot for no reason.

e: I was really hoping Paramount made Spenser: For Hire, but turns out that was WB as well. So the crew of B5 probably all got to be big fans of Robert B. Parker while Picard had to make up his favorite books. :argh:

Yeah but wouldn't you lose a lot of respect for Picard when you see him in his quarters watching "According to Jim"?

Fakes cigarettes bug me, but that's probably because I'm a smoker. I went insane watching Clerks the first time because customer after customer came in asking for "a pack of smokes" without signifying what kind.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Keep in mind that TNG did Sherlock Holmes under the assumption that it was public domain, and then put off doing the Moriarty sequel for, what, three years? until they finally sorted things out with the Conan Doyle estate.

Also the DS9 episode where Bashir is playing basically James Bond in the holosuite was too spot on for the license holder who sent them a memo to basically never do that again. That's why the only other time you see him do it it's just a very small bit

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Also the DS9 episode where Bashir is playing basically James Bond in the holosuite was too spot on for the license holder who sent them a memo to basically never do that again. That's why the only other time you see him do it it's just a very small bit

Barbara Broccoli is a noted not nice person

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It was nice of them to include Yeoman Rand

Kind of a shame they didn't go "gently caress Takei" and have it be Captain Uhura.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Barbara Broccoli is a noted not nice person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T41gqFO9zb0

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Did Jeffrey Combs ever show up on Voyager

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011