Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Anonymous Robot posted:

What do you mean by that? Aren't those die-cast action figures?

What I mean is that Bandai is running out of mobile suits that they are confident in putting Master Grade engineering/money into, so instead of Master Grades being a monthly thing like they were in the past, they're going to be more of a premium line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I'm fine with MG becoming a more occasional thing. But man, I do wish RE/100 was a bigger deal than it currently is. We still haven't learned what that thing they teased back in May was. (it's the Bawoo)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
While i'm bummed that MG's are going to be less prevalent, I can't say I blame them; now that they can design and cost-manage HG kits into having full internal frames and absurd color separation, on top of Real Grades being really successful (and rightly so), MG's must not look super lucrative unless it's a guaranteed seller considering the level of quality they have to reach to be considered better than a modern HG on top of the shitload of plastic and lower number of buyers.

I am disappointed that RE/100 isn't doing so hot; I love the idea of having a special line dedicated to the derpy/enormous kits that would never get a full release. And Nightinggale is my fave obscure gundmans so I just cant help but like the line.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's also a lot of MG kits that are out of date compared to HG kits, and some mobile suits that never really got an MG kit. I'm certainly happier with my HG Ez8 over the old MG one.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Arcsquad12 posted:

There's also a lot of MG kits that are out of date compared to HG kits, and some mobile suits that never really got an MG kit. I'm certainly happier with my HG Ez8 over the old MG one.

B-b-b-ut the MG Ez8 can KNEEL. How can you ignore something so revolutionary?!

Seriously though, where is my MG Leo? All you literally have to do is make half a runner of new pieces and mold it in green Bandai. What the gently caress? :argh:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TaurusOxford posted:

B-b-b-ut the MG Ez8 can KNEEL. How can you ignore something so revolutionary?!

Seriously though, where is my MG Leo? All you literally have to do is make half a runner of new pieces and mold it in green Bandai. What the gently caress? :argh:

The HGUC Ez8 can kneel and do guitar slides. :colbert:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

The HGUC Ez8 can kneel and do guitar slides. :colbert:

imagine its holding a guitar

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kuvo posted:

imagine its holding a guitar

You want the Extreme Gundam for true guitar poses:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

You want the Extreme Gundam for true guitar poses:

Actually the Extreme's poseability is pretty lackluster :sigh:.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
A MG Perfect Strike Special Coating Version was announced so those people who got the special version of the Freedom can shell out more cash for a complete set.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Hi-Resolution Barbatos Sixth Form appears to have found a way to make the wrench mace look even more :stonk:.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Have there been Hi-res kits before? This is the first I've seen. I guess it's a step up or two in detail on an MG? Looks pretty for sure.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

... I stand by my statement.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BizarroAzrael posted:

Have there been Hi-res kits before? This is the first I've seen. I guess it's a step up or two in detail on an MG? Looks pretty for sure.

It's basically a Metal Build that requires assembly. The only other one is Barbatos 4th form and they are considered heavily overpriced for what they are.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

TaurusOxford posted:

It's basically a Metal Build that requires assembly. The only other one is Barbatos 4th form and they are considered heavily overpriced for what they are.

Fair enough, I guess I'll pull the trigger on some RE/100 and IBO 1/100 kits if my currency doesn't go too far down the shitter. Have the 1/144 Sixth form to build yet though.

On that topic, I'm really enjoying building the HG Kimaris, and will consider the 1/100 later on. Probably both versions of the Trooper too.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

I'm partway through my HG Barbatos build and this is the first kit I actually have complaints with. Mostly regarding color separation.

The targets of my ire are the 4th form shoulder pauldrons. The side skirts using stickers for separation is a little understandable, since the separate pieces would have to be kinda small, but there's no excuse with the pauldrons. On the outside edge there should be a decent sized yellow piece, yet it was molded in white.

Luckily, Reaper's MSP HD Pale Saffron is almost dead on for the yellow used in gunpla kits (sliiiightly too light, but close enough that its not noticable), so I took matters into my own hands.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really hate this hi resolution crap, just give me a MG bandai.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Monaghan posted:

I really hate this hi resolution crap, just give me a MG bandai.

You will get a MG Barbatos...

But it will be P-BANDAI! :devil:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I'd p-bandai the hi def chainsaw mace, that's rad as hell.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

BlitzBlast posted:

Anything but Build mk-II and Qubeley Papillion.

:colbert: Shut up, the Papillon is awesome.
Yeah, it's an old mold, but it's the best suit piloted by the best girl, so therefore it's awesome

it hasn't aged well but the seams are few and far between, so it's not THAT bad

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Literally impossible unless they release MG Barbatos 6th form first.

Also G-BITS MOTHERFUCKERS WOOOOOO
yes I know it's not a kit

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Literally impossible unless they release MG Barbatos 6th form first.

Also G-BITS MOTHERFUCKERS WOOOOOO
yes I know it's not a kit

So they stopped StandArt and Assault Kingdom and now we have Universal Unit? I like being able to get a swarm of G-Bits and a GX to lead them but I think I'm done collecting their 85mm figures.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think it's funny that Bandai are trying to flog the Sinanju's Rocket Bazooka as a P-Bandai expansion, when you can buy it right now as part of System Weapon 007. And it'll probably be cheaper.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think it's funny that Bandai are trying to flog the Sinanju's Rocket Bazooka as a P-Bandai expansion, when you can buy it right now as part of System Weapon 007. And it'll probably be cheaper.

I wouldn't be surprised if the P-Bandai one has different markings or some other minor distinction like the METEOR did but yeah, it's there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Midjack posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the P-Bandai one has different markings or some other minor distinction like the METEOR did but yeah, it's there.

Hell, it's not even like it's a High Grade-quality weapon. All the System Weapon kits are Real Grade-quality detail.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The P-Bandai one will likely come with waterslides.

Midjack posted:

So they stopped StandArt and Assault Kingdom and now we have Universal Unit? I like being able to get a swarm of G-Bits and a GX to lead them but I think I'm done collecting their 85mm figures.

Both of those are still going as far as I know. This is just a new line.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Both of those are still going as far as I know. This is just a new line.

Standart (which has been dead for a couple of years now) and Assault Kingdom (which had a constant stream of planned releases up to the EX10 set that just released, and nothing past that) are both in the "Others" category on Bandai's website which is where they park their inactive toy lines.

Universal Unit's gimmick is that they're selling the same figure in an A and B version in each wave, each with different accessories. For example, Gundam X A has a beam rifle while Gundam X B has a beam saber. Want both? You're buying two figures. They tried this with the Kampfer in Assault Kingdom, where it was the only figure that came in an A and B version with different equipment in each, and I guess it paid off for them

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Hey guys, have any of you moved and managed to get a gunpla collection to the new place intact? What's the best way to make sure they don't all shatter during transport? I'm thinking of separating out limbs where possible and packing them in Styrofoam peanuts or something similar, and of course they'd be riding in my car rather than being left for a moving company to destroy.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I just put them in a plastic bin, but none of the ones I have are particularly fragile

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The Muffinlord posted:

Hey guys, have any of you moved and managed to get a gunpla collection to the new place intact? What's the best way to make sure they don't all shatter during transport? I'm thinking of separating out limbs where possible and packing them in Styrofoam peanuts or something similar, and of course they'd be riding in my car rather than being left for a moving company to destroy.

Here's what I've done and it worked pretty well.

Buy a bunch of large ziploc bags

Separate the arms, legs chest guns etc. wrap them in bubble wrap. You may want to put especially fragile things, like v-fins in their own bubble wrap. I've used a around two or three layers.

Each kit get's their own ziploc bag.

I've moved a couple of times and this method has always worked out pretty well. Only thing that ever really got damaged was my mg deathscythe's cloak.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
You hold them in your hands one by one it's the only way. I just put them in ziplocs that are then wrapped that soft stuff TVs/monitors/consoles are wrapped in. Nothing got bent or broken but I did only have a few things then and it was at most a 5 minute drive. And Cybuster on the stand sat on my lap.

The System Weapon stuff comes with some transfers already applied. Or at least the older ones did. Is the Sinanju bazooka so popular that it needed a System Weapon and is a big selling point for a P-Bandai exclusive?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to post in SA-Mart once I line everything up for photos, but I've got a chance to trade some kits plus cash for a PG 00 Raiser. I'd like to raise the cash by clearing some backlog that I can probably purchase again down the road. Anyone interested in any of the following? I'm in northern NJ, can meet in Manhattan during the week or at Gundam Planet/anywhere in NNJ over the weekend.

P-Bandai MG Mega Bazooka Launcher - $50
P-Bandai MG Heavy Gundam (not sure I want to part with it yet) - $90
MG Turn A Gundam - $40
MG Zeta Plus C1 - $30
MG Jesta (also not sure if I want to part yet) - sold elsewhere

If you have an MG Char's Zaku II 2.0 or Gelgoog 2.0 I'd trade the Turn A, Zeta Plus, or Jesta for it straight up.

Edit: I can offer free shipping if you don't mind that it won't have tracking/insurance. My office has a postage machine that is generally open for all. SA-Mart thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782615

MJP fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 9, 2016

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

MJP posted:

I'm going to post in SA-Mart once I line everything up for photos, but I've got a chance to trade some kits plus cash for a PG 00 Raiser. I'd like to raise the cash by clearing some backlog that I can probably purchase again down the road. Anyone interested in any of the following? I'm in northern NJ, can meet in Manhattan during the week or at Gundam Planet/anywhere in NNJ over the weekend.

P-Bandai MG Mega Bazooka Launcher - $50
P-Bandai MG Heavy Gundam (not sure I want to part with it yet) - $90
MG Turn A Gundam - $40
MG Zeta Plus C1 - $30
MG Jesta (also not sure if I want to part yet) - $40

If you have an MG Char's Zaku II 2.0 or Gelgoog 2.0 I'd trade the Turn A, Zeta Plus, or Jesta for it straight up.

Would love the Turn A but I'm in Canada. Let me know if that makes shipping too expensive for you.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mad Lupine posted:

Would love the Turn A but I'm in Canada. Let me know if that makes shipping too expensive for you.

You'd be the one paying it, or rolling the dice on the office postage machine, which I can offer for free albeit with no shipping/insurance.

What's your city and postal code? I'll weigh it out and quote a price.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

MJP posted:

You'd be the one paying it, or rolling the dice on the office postage machine, which I can offer for free albeit with no shipping/insurance.

What's your city and postal code? I'll weigh it out and quote a price.

I'd rather email you directly about this (no PM's). Edited out my email.

Mad Lupine fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 8, 2016

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mad Lupine posted:

I'd rather email you directly about this (no PM's). My email is mad_lupine@hotmail.com

No worries, done.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Here's what I've done and it worked pretty well.

Buy a bunch of large ziploc bags

Separate the arms, legs chest guns etc. wrap them in bubble wrap. You may want to put especially fragile things, like v-fins in their own bubble wrap. I've used a around two or three layers.

Each kit get's their own ziploc bag.

I've moved a couple of times and this method has always worked out pretty well. Only thing that ever really got damaged was my mg deathscythe's cloak.

Flown multiple kits to shows repeatedly in my carryon and confirm that this works.

Muffinlord:If you need bubble wrap or boxes let me know, I have a bunch of both that's about to go to recycle but I can just give it to you gratis.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
http://imgur.com/a/JxiVt Jegan arms complete! Can't see the metallic on the inner part of the elbow so good in the pics. I didn't make enough clearance on the elbows so a little paint has been scraped off already, but it should be fine now. Getting the shoulder armour on was hell with the paint as well, but I'll know for next time! Shoulder armour + joint is Stark Jegan, bicep and down is GM Custom. Silver on the shoulder armour vents was by hand and the rivet dot things were done with a toothpick. Silver on the shoulder joint itself was masking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
More work-in-progress pics. These are actually about a week old, I keep waffling on showing them or not because my phone's camera is terrible and my real camera doesn't play nice with my new computer. I have to get a replacement before I finish this.

Apologies again for the terrible quality.