Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

They have just enough medical training to be dangerous.

Based on some of my relatives, yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

What is it about nurses that makes them the most noticeably idiotic group around? I'm acquainted with a decent amount of them through my job and aside from one awesome lady the rest have the dumbest possible beliefs on pseudo-science and politics imaginable. Anti-vaccination leanings are rampant among them, for instance.
A small amount of medical training and then a ton of poo poo about being told that your job is saving patients from doctors and their fuckups. After you start working, you see first-hand how completely bullshit physicians' aura of authority is and you're off. Some categories of nurses tend to be better/worse about this, though, and that's part of it too. An LPN can and will call themselves a nurse, but the different between an LPN and and someone with advanced certs like a CCRN or CFRN can be pretty big. The barrier to entry is very low but the ceiling is high, so while some nurses are goddamn amazing, a ton won't be. The ones who lean on an education that might not even reach the level of an associates' degree to validate their authority on a topic aren't likely to be the ones who actually know what they're talking about.

Source: I'm a nurse.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Ravenfood posted:

Source: I'm a nurse.

That would make a good Ask/Tell thread.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BiggerBoat posted:

That would make a good Ask/Tell thread.

Agreed.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/murdochs-have-decided-to-remove-roger-ailes.html

ny mag claiming the Murdochs have decided to remove Ailes

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

that pic makes it look like Alfred Hitchcock and Mr. Magoo are beefin

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That's a huge story considering how he has shaped that network.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

that pic makes it look like Alfred Hitchcock and Mr. Magoo are beefin

or like Mr. Magoo and Hitchcock are conjoined :stare:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FlamingLiberal posted:

That's a huge story considering how he has shaped that network.

With everything I have learned about Ailes this is some all consuming and joyous schadenfreude

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-obama-police-shooting-225694?lo=ap_c1

trump implied more stupid lovely things.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo - this is only the start. What a loving bastard.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Something's going on. But will Donald ever find out what it is?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I suppose we all owe Gretchen Carlson a huge thank you.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
We have to stop letting people like him participate in national politics and hold public office, again TEMPORARILY, until we can figure out what is going on.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Rush Limbaugh keeps saying that 'peaceful protests" by democrats/liberals always turn violent.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Holy poo poo - this is only the start. What a loving bastard.

it makes me curious if he is gonna try to pull the birther poo poo again once he knows he is locked into being the nominee.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Rush Limbaugh keeps saying that 'peaceful protests" by democrats/liberals always turn violent.

nothing new about this

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it makes me curious if he is gonna try to pull the birther poo poo again once he knows he is locked into being the nominee.
Doesn't he still bring it up from time to time still? I seem to remember him bringing it up in a "I'm still not totally convinced" sense just a few months back.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

nothing new about this

that weirds me out because it looks like bill peets art work. :(

Kilroy posted:

Doesn't he still bring it up from time to time still? I seem to remember him bringing it up in a "I'm still not totally convinced" sense just a few months back.

some dog whistling, but know how vocal he used to be about it, i wonder if he is just waiting for the right time.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Kilroy posted:

"We're looking into it"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's been implying the birtherism and racism stuff for the last year. He actually seems to be able to control himself from actually saying it out loud but he always lets those little "hmm, I don't know, maybe?" comments fly and then plays dumb if a reporter calls him on it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

He's been implying the birtherism and racism stuff for the last year. He actually seems to be able to control himself from actually saying it out loud but he always lets those little "hmm, I don't know, maybe?" comments fly and then plays dumb if a reporter calls him on it.

He was doing outloud in like 2010-11. he "sent his people" to hawaii to "search for the truth".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, now he just refuses to openly address it but just implies it heavily. Any reporter who tries to press just gets winks and smiles and insults.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, now he just refuses to openly address it but just implies it heavily. Any reporter who tries to press just gets winks and smiles and insults.

true. But i am saying once he knows he is safe. he will drop the winks.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/755093585175928832

HOLY poo poo.

YES.

YES.

ERIC ANDRE IS A GODDAMNED AMERICAN HERO!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Not really looking forward to half of the US news media trying to dance around explaining why open racism is not that bad of a thing because otherwise they will look like they are not being neutral.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

FuzzySkinner posted:

HOLY poo poo.

YES.

YES.

is that a QR code on a flag

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Takoluka posted:

is that a QR code on a flag

It looks like a snake. If you are joking sorry.

Can anyone tell me why it seems sometimes twitter vids have cuts in them every 3 or 4 seconds?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I actually couldn't tell. The flag in the back looks like a QR code waving in the wind.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Remember that Manafort is basically a professional spin doctor for dictators. Like that's his career.

Some men just love autocracy.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

FlamingLiberal posted:

Remember that Manafort is basically a professional spin doctor for dictators. Like that's his career.

Well, somebody's gotta do i-:barf:

No, they really don't, actually.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

So, in other words, it's a weekday.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FuzzySkinner posted:

HOLY poo poo.

YES.

YES.

Investigate 3/11.

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.

FuzzySkinner posted:

HOLY poo poo.

YES.

YES.

I was in grade school with Eric Andre, ama

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Duncan Doenitz posted:

I was in grade school with Eric Andre, ama

Did he act like this in front of teacher's and poo poo?

if so, that owns.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

The thing is mister Rogers wouldn't hate them back. So I am going to try not to hate them.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
W/r/t birtherism.

Once the Dem convention ends Trollbama/ Campaign Obama just has to poke the subject lightly and and Trump will bite the bait like the big dumb orange nazi he is.

Maybe, just maybe, finally get the n-word to drop.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 18, 2016

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

PhazonLink posted:

W/r/t birtherism.

Once the Dem convention ends Trollbama/ Campaign Obama just has to poke the subject lightly and and Trump will bite the bait like the big dumb orange nazi he is.

Maybe, just maybe, finally get the n-word to drop.

I don't think Trump hates minorities enough to let a real slur slip out. He's a bully at heart, so he'll almost instinctively attack anything that looks weak so that he can look strong, but I don't think he has the deeply buried, eternally burning hatred of, say, a freeper.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/LionelMedia/status/755163148114624512

Guys is this true?

Are we all going to make fun of Trump's wife tonight?

Was there a memo I missed? DAMNIT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/LionelMedia/status/755163148114624512

Guys is this true?

Are we all going to make fun of Trump's wife tonight?

Was there a memo I missed? DAMNIT!

You had to decipher the secret code in the account number of this month's Soros check.