Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

msnbc going whole hog on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I could actually see this taking up a news cycle or two simply because cable news loves optics and horse race poo poo over substance.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

mannerup posted:

strikingly similar

Surely the truth is in the middle, friend.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
CNN hasn't mentioned it yet

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
thats a fireable offence, can trump dump melania for a younger, hotter wife?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Kro-Bar posted:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/755253997204799488

Politico's on it, so it will be everywhere tomorrow.
I hope Trump already went to bed none the wiser. This is going to pour cold water on tomorrow's convention buzz.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
It looks like she also Rickrolled the crowd.

https://twitter.com/soniasaraiya/status/755255064219021312

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Joementum posted:

Like, if they'd stolen part of Laura Bush's speech this wouldn't even be a story.

Right, since then it'd be treated as an homage, not plagiarism. What a boneheaded move, even for this campaign - some speechwriter is going to have a really bad day tomorrow.

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?
make speeches safe again

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
did they just google "first lady speech" and click I'm Feeling Lucky?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Abel Wingnut posted:

msnbc going whole hog on it

lol they made a comparison video too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also what the gently caress else are they going to do, seriously analyze that STDH fanfic by Tig and XYZ? Delve into that...thing that Flynn laid on the stage?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

snakeandbake posted:

the plagiarism will be the topic of conversation for the next week, not the everything else that was terrible and pathetic

ps. it's not plagiarism, it's a remix!

*in extremely o&r voice* i think you'll find that was exactly the point

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Uncle Wemus posted:

Trevor Noah needs trump to win. Trump will provide him with a nemesis/crutch to help revive the daily show
He moved to America in order to escape a third-world hellhole, he doesn't want to have to move again

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I swear Trump is loving with his supporters now

"Let's see if I can get them to applaud a Moochelle Obama speech if it's coming out of my wife's mouth!"

It was so goddamn brazen it almost had to be a setup.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

advocating for Death, War, and Destruction - passé
Plagiarism- awwwwww poo poo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

so what? michelle's speech was finally delivered by a REAL woman! AND CLASS ACT ALL AROUND UNLIKE MICHELLE!

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

They'll play the clips back to back on the networks, and then the Trump guy will say they're completely different, and the non-Trump guy will say they're the exact same. Then Donald will speak about how they haven't stolen a single word, and that some guy from Texas liked the speech so much he sent them a little dog and Ivanka named it Checkers, or something, and then that will be the end of it.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the enddddddddd is niiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Atrocious Joe posted:

advocating for Death, War, and Destruction - passé
Plagiarism- awwwwww poo poo

It literally is just the fact that she plagiarized from Michelle Obama. loving hilarity even though it will mean nothing.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
So this happened.... What is wrong with these people?

http://www.wkyc.com/news/politics/rnc/utah-delegate-threatened-in-rnc-bathroom/276234308

quote:

CLEVELAND - A Utah delegate was reportedly threatened inside a bathroom at Quicken Loans Arena during the Republican National Convention Monday.

According to NBC, Utah delegate Kera Birkeland was on the floor during the Rules vote as one of the delegates calling for a roll call vote.

Birkeland reportedly went to the women's restroom and when she emerged from a stall, a group of Trump supporters surrounded her and threatened to kill her, urging her to leave the party and the state.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/755255557242646528

Phobophilia posted:

thats a fireable offence, can trump dump melania for a younger, hotter wife?

Ivanka's time has come

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

*in extremely o&r voice* i think you'll find that was exactly the point

just as planned

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Yeah, he's going to get coverage off it, I mean she did say it would be a wild ride. He really is capitalizing on the media cycle, and because everybody loves cable news poo poo (Twitter and us included), I'm having a minor breakdown.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm convinced that Trump is just trolling now.

No way he, or his already writers could be this dumb

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

whydirt posted:

I could actually see this taking up a news cycle or two simply because cable news loves optics and horse race poo poo over substance.

not like there was any substance to talk about from today other than "gee they sure seem like a bunch of fascists"

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Grey Fox posted:

I hope Trump already went to bed none the wiser. This is going to pour cold water on tomorrow's convention buzz.

apparently she told matt lauer she wrote it all by herself in a taped interview airing tomorrow morning

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Even conservative asshats are on it.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/755256599908802560

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this is what happens when men are allowed into women's restrooms

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

lol what if this was the intentional work of a disgruntled speechwriter

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

apparently she told matt lauer she wrote it all by herself in a taped interview airing tomorrow morning

Oh goodness, that's going to be an awkward piece to follow up on live

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

trump is going to murder someone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

The narrative was going to be about how brave and intelligent and compassionate she seemed even if she spent the entire speech making fart noises and pointing out minorities in the crowd to beat up but the plagiarism thing threw a whole bucket of ice water on that

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

lmao

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
You know I bet there are a whole lot of applicable speeches in the public domain provided Trump doesn't mind speaking German

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
MSNBC is going with the sabotage-from-within angle.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/politico/status/755256353300615172

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
My mom calls her Melanoma good times

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Al! posted:

The narrative was going to be about how brave and intelligent and compassionate she seemed even if she spent the entire speech making fart noises and pointing out minorities in the crowd to beat up but the plagiarism thing threw a whole bucket of ice water on that

They could have written original pablum and she still would have come off well, if only in a "5 foot 4 in a room full of midgets' way but lol nope, gotta borrow some of that obama magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Constant Hamprince posted:

You know I bet there are a whole lot of applicable speeches in the public domain provided Trump doesn't mind speaking German

i've heard he keeps them near his bedstand even

• Locked thread