Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Not exactly surprising she left out "he will never ever run around and desert you." part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

withak posted:

Regardless of how the campaign reacts, someone at the RNC is right now in the process of setting a room full of interns to work googling sentences from every upcoming speech.
the next speech is going to end up sounding like some kind of markov chain

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

the next speech is going to end up sounding like some kind of markov chain
Would it be possible to hire @Horse_ebooks to write a political speech?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Melania steals from Michelle Obama's speech on the same night Steve King told us nonwhite groups have never contributed anything to civilization.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

VitalSigns posted:

Melania steals from Michelle Obama's speech on the same night Steve King told us nonwhite groups have never contributed anything to civilization.

Yeah, I'm kind of worried this plagiarism thing is going to overshadow all of the really shady poo poo that happened today.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Because of Melania, Trump, not wanting to be accused of plagiarism at his crowning moment is going to last minute trash his bore pared speech and give a two hour barely contained stream of consciousness rant to end the RNC. It's going to be glorious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Petr posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of worried this plagiarism thing is going to overshadow all of the really shady poo poo that happened today.

Steve King being a Literal White Supremacist is hardly new

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ted posted:

Just stopping by to say that with each passing moment the 2016 election goes back and forth between horrifying and hilarious and this might be the most thoroughly entertaining long-form event of most of our lifetimes.

2008 was way better. The primary and election on LF were gold from beginning to end.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Petr posted:

It will and to be honest it's completely inconsequential. On the other hand it's an easily digested newsbite while the actual shady poo poo would probably just get overlooked.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Petr posted:

Is there any chance they weren't smart enough to have a whole stable of speechwriters, and they used the same guy for everything? And now they have to be scared of sabotage in every speech, including his acceptance?

LOL what stable? A few weeks ago Trump said he only had 30 staffers for the whole nation. That might have changed as the GOPe forced people on Trump, but come on.

Cooooommmmmmmmeeeeeeee oooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Xenos_RIFS/status/755271615064125440

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Eifert Posting posted:

2008 was way better. The primary and election on LF were gold from beginning to end.

Purestream gold

Though, honestly, Trumpeters are now where near as bad as loving Paulites

Though I miss Toblerone Triangular

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Fuuuuuuck :vince:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/755270989898878976

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You know what guys no stop back-up here. We're letting this poo poo slide too easily.

They got Vilerat's mom to talk at the convention. They got Vilerat's loving mom to talk at the convention in order to score voter brownie points.

Just...

I can't. I just can't. Like who would loving do that?? Who!? What kind of a person, would ask a mother to parade her son's memory in support of Trump. AND! AND do this while no doubt said son's grieving widow watches it national loving television! I can't fuckin g parse this! IT's like a loving British comedy sketch! These assholes give Hillary no end of grief, they crow about supporting those who died at Benghazi but are all too eager to trample across their graves when the time comes.
What kind of people would do this?? Who could possibly be so completely devoid of morals, so drained of every ounce of humanity that they would think this is a good idea?

Like you know EVE online? It's an online game where goons caused no end of grief. It's a game where people lie to each other, cheat each other, steal from each other, destroy each other and humiliate each other. And yet when Vilerat died, all the players came together and did this: http://www.pcgamesn.com/eve/how-eve-remembers

These people are literally worse, more morally depraved than EVE online players.

Maybe that's my mistake, maybe they're not people! Maybe they're animals!

NO Animals have more sense than this! Animals wouldn't do this to one of their own! They're

a type of fungus. A loving self-replicating, parasitic goddamn fungus. A goddamn Cordyceps must have gained sentience and taken over a human host and decided this was a good fuckign idea.

That's the only explanation I got for how anyone could possibly conceive this

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 19, 2016

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

What I don't get is why someone didn't spend like thirty loving seconds running it through one of those programs colleges use to detect plagiarism. Surely there's specialized ones for political speeches?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bulgaroctonus posted:

What I don't get is why someone didn't spend like thirty loving seconds running it through one of those programs colleges use to detect plagiarism. Surely there's specialized ones for political speeches?

You're assuming Trump's staff is competent.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

It gets even better you guys... https://twitter.com/diane_7a/status/755272239659028480

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Petr posted:

Eh the Republicans have been saying stuff about how whites created civilization for a while, no one will dare call them out on it.

I just think it's funny that King said it on the night the campaign couldn't resist stealing ideas from a black woman.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
ok this is a joke right? or someone inside the trump campaign is running sabotage because holy poo poo that is loving hilarious

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

What a way to end the night. :vince:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I can't find any record of that Obama tweet. I'm gonna assume it's fake.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

I loved his work in Chef

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

This is pretty obviously fake as hell, unfortunately. The world isn't that perfect.

Edit- look at the time stamps.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Nope, the DNC wasn't in July in 2102. Fake, sorry.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

This is pretty obviously fake as hell, unfortunately. The world isn't that perfect.

Edit, yeah, just saw that. Was scrolling through Twitter and here after getting back from Pokemon Go hunting in totally shock. Between Steve King and the speech I thought tonight was the gift that just kept on giving.
My bad!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

Lmao

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This is good

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I can't parse this

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Pakled posted:

You're assuming Trump's staff is competent.

No poo poo, but the RNC has stepped in a bit, this isn't even incompetence, more gross negligence or willfull mayhem.

Also, probably covered wayyyy back, but I was surprised by the almost reverse-ratfucking. Priebus must have had some come to Jesus meeting with all the other fuckheads and faced the inevitable. Can't believe they went out of their way to piss off and humilate the never trump wing of the party on prime time television.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
according the FOXnews all is well.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

theflyingorc posted:

I can't parse this

It's for the best.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

theflyingorc posted:

I can't parse this

It's a spin-off of this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

"I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative" Is an all time great line tho.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

That TL is full of gold.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

The text too. Twitter doesn't use Times New Roman font.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

What about the kerning?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/ClaraJeffery/status/755277804241944576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

gohmak posted:

according the FOXnews all is well.