Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Nifft posted:

Is GHRP-6 really that effective in human growth hormone production? It would reason that if it was it would require a prescription in order to purchase. I'm curious how USADA decides on something being a PED. How do they measure it's efficacy and decide whether it actually represents an unfair advantage. It seems a fighters union would be able to push back on some of these issues.

After a few minutes of googling, GHRP-6 has an elimination half life measured in hours in much, much larger doses than you'd get from a skin cream, and that GHRP-6 gives about 3x greater growth hormone release than actual growth hormone releasing hormone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

After a few minutes of googling, GHRP-6 has an elimination half life measured in hours in much, much larger doses than you'd get from a skin cream, and that GHRP-6 gives about 3x greater growth hormone release than actual growth hormone releasing hormone

So chad is full of it?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Chad it's hard to make money now Mendes

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I appreciate the USADA era because I get to find out about all the effective PED's

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
further after looking at the wikipedia page ghrp-6 has a molecular weight too large for it to be used transdermally. you can't discount that if he has psoriasis then it might more easily access the circulation if he has bleeding plaques but now i don't buy his story at all.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
ah poo poo. shucks. it's just bad luck that usada tested me 5 minutes apart and the first time they used a power drill to perform the blood test and i accidentally fell joker style into a vat of my skin cream that i forgot to tell them about 9000 times and it all got into the hole in my arm. i guess i broke the rules but it wasn't my fault.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nifft posted:

So chad is full of it?

I will pay good money to see Chad bathing in peptide cream. Like a fuckin bacta tank of muscle growth

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

ah poo poo. shucks. it's just bad luck that usada tested me 5 minutes apart and the first time they used a power drill to perform the blood test and i accidentally fell joker style into a vat of my skin cream that i forgot to tell them about 9000 times and it all got into the hole in my arm. i guess i broke the rules but it wasn't my fault.

Lmao

That said, his skin DOES seem very smooth and healthy so perhaps this is literally true

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Triticum Guzzler posted:

but ultimately, if you have a diagnosis for an autoimmune disease, and you treat that autoimmune disease, and you fail to disclose that medication all 9 times you're tested by usada, and you don't apply for a tue, i'm not sure i buy your story

Yeah this

Triticum Guzzler posted:

further after looking at the wikipedia page ghrp-6 has a molecular weight too large for it to be used transdermally. you can't discount that if he has psoriasis then it might more easily access the circulation if he has bleeding plaques but now i don't buy his story at all.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Both of these are good reasons why Chad is full of poo poo. Transdermal applications of ghrp-6 are the kind of things you arrive at if you google 'buy ghrp-6' and hit the first few links. Those sites exist because people want to get drug benefits without touching icky, icky needles. Chad A. isn't one of those people but also B. isn't being trained by sports nutrition guys who would fall for that kind of thing anyway.

It's important to remember that an elite-level athlete popping for something isn't just like they personally thought some growth hormone releasing peptide six would really give them an extra 4 or 5 seconds of alactic, acardio burst before falling into other energy systems. In places where doping is common, camps (sometimes individual fighters if they have the $$$) will have guys who are exhaustively writing up schedules of use, dosing instructions, tapers, etc. in order to make sure that their fighters are A. Not caught by USADA and B. Not going to take 4x the dose to front load or some other nonsese. When an athlete pops, it's more often than not one of those guys dicking around with molecules that aren't well understood enough to prepare or the 4 or 5 ways USADA is planning on creating a test for them.

There's a super interesting game going on where previously the drug advisers at any given (maybe not elite level) camp could adequately plan around the tests being developed/implemented for whatever substances by their regional or national testing organizations. USADA has totally and hilariously gamesharked their way to victory by having way more money to develop and lab cert this poo poo.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

USADA is really cool. where's that guy who was pissed off that it takes them 2 weeks to catch stuff like this ?

speaking of which hey have you guys ever wanted to see what Conor McGregor's urine looks like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKBVj9XZxqk

champion-level piss, imo.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

david carmichael posted:

Nate has a nice throw or two from the clinch, but I'm not sure if he's every attempted a single or a double or anything like that

He's done a couple of singles, which'd probably be more effective on the smaller Conor.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lmao

I'm not sure if this extends very far out of the hosed northwest, but the inane headbutting over whether or not an independent org needs to drug test regional fighters is something to watch. For pro fights (amateur was never, ever tested) individual gyms/camps would be sprinting to provide 'clean' urine samples to whatever hapless medical body happened to be designated as the impartial testing committee. oftentimes, at least outside of higher profile matches, gyms would be allowed to collect their own samples. The same way in amateur that gyms are allowed to show their own fighters 'making weight'.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

USADA is really cool. where's that guy who was pissed off that it takes them 2 weeks to catch stuff like this ?

speaking of which hey have you guys ever wanted to see what Conor McGregor's urine looks like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKBVj9XZxqk

champion-level piss, imo.

"Even the champ's showers are golden"

"Conor, that's not what that means"

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

can we please stop doing this dance? - just tell me what creams and ointments I should rub on my balls already

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the one downside of usada is that you can just say I humbly accept my incorrect punishment for a skin cream, and it's not a steroid ok, it's just an anti ageing thing and you never get to the point in the hearing where the nsac doctor violently explains why the guy is full of poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New owners getting to work

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

New owners getting to work

Maybe they can make up to Mark Hunt by getting him in this tournament.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

what a great month got to see Conor McGregor's rear end and piss

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the one downside of usada is that you can just say I humbly accept my incorrect punishment for a skin cream, and it's not a steroid ok, it's just an anti ageing thing and you never get to the point in the hearing where the nsac doctor violently explains why the guy is full of poo poo

God that was the best.

Actually my favorite NSAC moment (other than the time they offered Chael a job) was when they just verbally gave Floyd a handjob for 10 minutes and went "hey smoke all the weed in your gym that you want and videotape it or whatever, also can we get some pictures?"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

origami posted:

can we please stop doing this dance? - just tell me what creams and ointments I should rub on my balls already

Of course you're being told that you have to drink it by Triticum Guzzler.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

From a technical point of view Tyrone Woodley has no business winning on Saturday. But it would be the most T-Wood thing ever for him to knock out Robbie and kill the wet dream that is Robbie Lawler vs Stephen Thompson.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

We've finally got an even playing field, assuming you don't have like, asthma bad acne or anything like that. If you do you can't compete any more, sorry.

u just need to declare it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Isn't banned stuff banned regardless of if you declare it or not... isn't that what happened to machida.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Isn't banned stuff banned regardless of if you declare it or not... isn't that what happened to machida.

If you have a prescription for something which is normally banned, you can apply for a TUE.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Machida declared he was taking a supplement that was now banned which contained a less than therapuetic level of a PED. One he didnt even test positive for.

If you have severe asthma or another medical condition you can apply to the commission/s for an exemption for its use so long as you have the relevant doctors notes etc and are within the expected range of medication when tested. Iirc

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DHEA was not prescribed by a doctor to Machida.

Athletes can easily get a TUE for them and are allowed to have whatever the prescribed amount is in their system. No one is going to get suspended for prescribed use of an inhaler.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 28, 2016

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
what's going on with the machida case anyway? as far as i can tell it's not actually been finalised what suspension he has

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also

http://www.usada.org/substances/prohibited-list/athlete-guide/

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what's going on with the machida case anyway? as far as i can tell it's not actually been finalised what suspension he has

I just assumed 12 months. Imo hed be super lucky to get anything less.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm pro-whatever it is that means I don't have to watch Lyoto fight anymore

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Is Dren prohibited?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dan Didio posted:

Is Dren prohibited?

I can't find very many details on what dren actually is so I can't really tell.

Here's the full list http://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/wada-2016-prohibited-list-en.pdf

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Yeah this

Both of these are good reasons why Chad is full of poo poo. Transdermal applications of ghrp-6 are the kind of things you arrive at if you google 'buy ghrp-6' and hit the first few links. Those sites exist because people want to get drug benefits without touching icky, icky needles. Chad A. isn't one of those people but also B. isn't being trained by sports nutrition guys who would fall for that kind of thing anyway.

It's important to remember that an elite-level athlete popping for something isn't just like they personally thought some growth hormone releasing peptide six would really give them an extra 4 or 5 seconds of alactic, acardio burst before falling into other energy systems. In places where doping is common, camps (sometimes individual fighters if they have the $$$) will have guys who are exhaustively writing up schedules of use, dosing instructions, tapers, etc. in order to make sure that their fighters are A. Not caught by USADA and B. Not going to take 4x the dose to front load or some other nonsese. When an athlete pops, it's more often than not one of those guys dicking around with molecules that aren't well understood enough to prepare or the 4 or 5 ways USADA is planning on creating a test for them.

There's a super interesting game going on where previously the drug advisers at any given (maybe not elite level) camp could adequately plan around the tests being developed/implemented for whatever substances by their regional or national testing organizations. USADA has totally and hilariously gamesharked their way to victory by having way more money to develop and lab cert this poo poo.

A-Rod had the guy who had it timed down to the minute, almost. He could take testosterone gummy bears in the morning and pass the piss test in the afternoon.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can't find very many details on what dren actually is so I can't really tell.

It's a night-time anabolic muscle activator, duh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Wfo113T1s

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm pro-whatever it is that means I don't have to watch Lyoto fight anymore

Lyotowns

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

if its something you need you can apply for an exemption which youll usually get so long as you can find a doctor to cosign. u can potentially game it a little bit by finding a doctor willing to lie about a diagnosis too, but i doubt anyones getting roids like that, rather stuff like athsma inhalers for nonexistent athsma or maybe tramadol (but i think theyre finally banning tramadol soon)

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Sharzak posted:

Lyotowns

at being old and bad!!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

I.N.R.I posted:

if its something you need you can apply for an exemption which youll usually get so long as you can find a doctor to cosign. u can potentially game it a little bit by finding a doctor willing to lie about a diagnosis too, but i doubt anyones getting roids like that, rather stuff like athsma inhalers for nonexistent athsma or maybe tramadol (but i think theyre finally banning tramadol soon)

Well that is good to know but it makes me nervous because you hear about people getting banned for weird stuff in track and field a bunch... I don't know enough about those sports to know if it's a real problem or if people claim to have weird health problems when they pop.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Well that is good to know but it makes me nervous because you hear about people getting banned for weird stuff in track and field a bunch... I don't know enough about those sports to know if it's a real problem or if people claim to have weird health problems when they pop.

most sports have massive doping problems, you just dont hear about people getting caught because the testing generally isnt strict. the only guy in the ufc i know of whos been caught and might not have been cheating is machida, maybe. right now theres a lot of people getting caught in mma but thats because the testing right now is imposed on a generation of fighters who were cheating and getting away with it. the next generation will be much cleaner and IMO the fights will be better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

I.N.R.I posted:

most sports have massive doping problems, you just dont hear about people getting caught because the testing generally isnt strict. the only guy in the ufc i know of whos been caught and might not have been cheating is machida, maybe. right now theres a lot of people getting caught in mma but thats because the testing right now is imposed on a generation of fighters who were cheating and getting away with it. the next generation will be much cleaner and IMO the fights will be better

This is 100% the development currently happening. All the guys from regionals like mine who routinely come in with deltoids the size of that one low carb goon's who killed his cat and paper thin skin ESPECIALLY between 175-205 are now being caught out after 1. Their first pro fight against a sufficiently white trust fund baby who can afford more roids than your standard blue collar concrete worker or 2. the first league which actually gives a poo poo about testing. Like, out of the 8 guys my old bad gym put pro in the last 2 years, 6 were back in amateur regionals being the hometown hero after losing their first 50show/50win paycheck to some short hispanic man with a clear plastic cup.

• Locked thread