Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
This is cool, and makes me want more Overwatch-themed gunpla:

http://imgur.com/gallery/KC4Yg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

I was just about to ask this; if it's just a case of loose joints then that's really easy to fix yourself (and if you're buying a Sinanju kit you probably should have prepared to do a lot of work). I'd be more worried if it's a completely flawed mess than just typical heavy-kit-looseness.

Of course I may just be optimistic because I was planning on picking either it or the MKII up next :v:

The MK II is really good. Don't worry about it just because the Shinanju tends to explode. Like has been said before, it's study, the moving armor looks really nice, the colors are great... it's what a Real Grade is meant to be.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The mkII is just too basic to gently caress up, pretty much.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

BlitzBlast posted:

The mkII is just too basic to gently caress up, pretty much.

didn't stop the original hg lmao

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh huh, from reports from other builders it seems like the issue is more that the RG Sinanju is just a pain in the rear end build. One guy reported that when he built a second RG Sinanju after learning how to do it from the first try, it was a whole lot better.

And just so this double post isn't worthless,

the 3rd party MB 00SS is all done. Should be coming out midway through this month. Kind of disappointed it's not a model kit, but at least you can get this thing for under $700 now.

Damnt, how'd I get one?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Those prebuilt frames are an entirely different beast, though, and not nearly so straightforward to tighten up as the standard variety. Not to mention the fact that RGs just seem incredibly fragile by their very nature.

Also, what the hell Bandai, we all know the next RE/100 is Bawoo, stop playing coy and just announce the drat thing already. Are we even going to see it this year? I really hate the way they've been handling that line.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I'm just happy they haven't cancelled that line. Don't want to be stuck in HERO GUNDAM ONLY hell (mostly) that is the rg line.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It's a shame too, because Gundam has an insane amount of awesome robot designs outside the...well, gundams. I guess RG Man Rodi wouldn't sell as well as RG Gleaming Shine Star Strike Gundam.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Ka0 posted:

I'm just happy they haven't cancelled that line.

Assuming Bawoo actually does see release by December, that'll be two whole RE/100s in 18 months' time. So, yeah, wouldn't get too comfortable about the line's future just yet.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I'll take it, seeing as MGs have all but gone extinct.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ka0 posted:

I'm just happy they haven't cancelled that line. Don't want to be stuck in HERO GUNDAM ONLY hell (mostly) that is the rg line.

Rg gouf plz. Or just let the origin line continue considering they cram a ton of detail into a high grade without sacrificing stability

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is cool, and makes me want more Overwatch-themed gunpla:

http://imgur.com/gallery/KC4Yg

Where does one get/make custom decals?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh yeah, Infinite Dimension finished their Sazabi vKa conversion kit and... it actually looks significantly worse than the original vKa in my opinion.

Might be less of a mess with dark red instead of random bits of gray?

You know I really like the mg sazabi ver ka, but I despise how so many modellers just go loving berserk with it and make it way too busy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh yeah, Infinite Dimension finished their Sazabi vKa conversion kit and... it actually looks significantly worse than the original vKa in my opinion.

Funny, I wasn't aware the Sazabi had a Real Grade version.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Monaghan posted:

You know I really like the mg sazabi ver ka, but I despise how so many modellers just go loving berserk with it and make it way too busy.

"Way too busy" seems to be the hot aesthetic in general right now and it's getting really, really old.

e: sorry for all the bitching today, I'm in a really bad mood.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 11, 2016

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

BlitzBlast posted:

speaking of the Sazabi is the HG one any good?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ka0 posted:

I'll take it, seeing as MGs have all but gone extinct.

Dear Bandai.

Make 2.0 MGs of everything made before 2003.

Love, the SA Gunpla thread.

PS: Stop releasing Wing kits in P-Bandai. It's rude.

Kuvo posted:

It's a good kit. I highly recommend breaking out the panel lining markers though.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 11, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

PS: Stop releasing Wing kits. It's rude.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

PS: Start releasing G kits in P-Bandai. It's most excellent.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Why is the RE line not dedicated entirely to G Gundam designs?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RE/100 can't die until we get Xi, Penelope, Kshatriya, Shamblo, Neue Ziel, Dendrobium, and... Uh... Val Walo?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

RE/100 can't die until we get Xi, Penelope, Kshatriya, Shamblo, Neue Ziel, Dendrobium, and... Uh... Val Walo?

Don't forget Leo and Capule.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Maybe an RE 1/100 AGE-3 and AGE-FX? :smith:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm kinda surprised they haven't released a Nether Gundam on P-Bandai; it's bulky but simple, so it doesn't require much engineering beyond the building shell, it pretty easily breaks down into 3 full runners + small yellow and red runner, and P-Bandai means they wouldn't be doing something wacky like mass producing a hundred thousand Windmill Gundams. If only for the novelty (or gimmick of announcing it as an april 1st joke, then actually releasing it).

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I am shocked and appalled that the reborns gundam did not make this list.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Anyone familiar with the Sazabi's arm/shoulder mountings? How do they connect to the torso?

Would the arms be compatible with the Kshatriya?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Kuvo posted:

It has the shittiest hip-to-torso connections I've ever seen and needs a bunch of detail painting for all the yellow thrusters.

Other than that, it's solid. All of the HGUC CCA stuff was pretty much the point where HGUC really got going.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Anyone familiar with the Sazabi's arm/shoulder mountings? How do they connect to the torso?

It's like a MG, there's a peg coming out of a torso.

Neurolimal posted:

I'm kinda surprised they haven't released a Nether Gundam on P-Bandai; it's bulky but simple, so it doesn't require much engineering beyond the building shell, it pretty easily breaks down into 3 full runners + small yellow and red runner, and P-Bandai means they wouldn't be doing something wacky like mass producing a hundred thousand Windmill Gundams. If only for the novelty (or gimmick of announcing it as an april 1st joke, then actually releasing it).

G bombed in Japan. It is still unpopular.

That is your answer to every "why doesn't this G thing have a kit?" question.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 11, 2016

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

BlitzBlast posted:

G bombed in Japan. It is still unpopular.

That is your answer to every "why doesn't this G thing have a kit?" question.
And SEED gets remastered...

God, Japan has the worst taste... I also hate how SEED has the some of the best designs

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm proud to hail from the country that spent enough money to justify making five Scary Movies instead.

For real though, don't paint with such a broad brush.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Edit. Not worth it

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Sorry, was being hyperbolic. Just frustrated that we'll probably not see anything new from G Gundam. I want my sombrero Gundam :(

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
same but mermaid gundam

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I gotta be real with you guys I grew up with G Gundam and it's got a ton of charm and has some great designs but it's an absolutely poo poo series that is just abysmally written.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Mad Lupine posted:

Sorry, was being hyperbolic. Just frustrated that we'll probably not see anything new from G Gundam. I want my sombrero Gundam :(
I feel you man, it sucks when the thing you love fails to take off or tons of people praise a thing you can't stand. I've been there. I'd just rather we find ways to express that disappointment or disatisfaction without slinging shade on a whole group of people unilaterally.

In G Gundam's case, it mixed up the usual Gundam style, and that sort of experimental throwback was always gonnna be hit or miss. It is what it is.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Anonymous Robot posted:

I gotta be real with you guys I grew up with G Gundam and it's got a ton of charm and has some great designs but it's an absolutely poo poo series that is just abysmally written.

I know it's not the greatest but I wouldn't call it "absolute poo poo". It's more like a cheesy bad kung fu movie. Sure the story isn't going to be good but drat does it have charm and great fun designs to make up for it.

Back to gunpla, I'm working on the turn a I got from a fellow goon and I'm loving the build! Especially the legs! Can't wait to pose it with my Turn X. I got a nu Gundam waiting and I'm planning to use all the waterslide decals. No, the decal sheet didn't scare me out of that idea. Yes, I'm crazy.

Mad Lupine fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 11, 2016

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I try to revisit it now and then but I'm always stymied by the incomprehensible plot (the big problem being it's totally unclear on what kind of character the devil gundam actually is, what dg cells do, etc) and the idiotic blockhead cipher of a protagonist. The whole thing is written in this weird "you've already seen tons of shonen so we'll just give you the vague shape of things and you'll fill it in" that leaves it feeling totally vacuous.

It's a kid's show and I loved it as a kid, so whatever I guess!

Edit: remember when Master Asia revealed that he had no dg cells and his motive was just "I'm just a piece of poo poo and I've always been a piece of poo poo!!" That could be interesting and/or hilariously awesome in a better written series.

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 11, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

BlitzBlast posted:

It's like a MG, there's a peg coming out of a torso.

So, exactly the opposite of what the Kshatriya does. Got it.

Well, there goes that idea.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
DG cells are a cybervirus that puts orange rounded squares on gundams, sometimes turn them into giant gundam heads

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Make 2.0 MGs of everything made before 2003.

I wish they made an MG Zaku F2 that didn't look like a fat pudgy mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

TARDISman posted:

Maybe an RE 1/100 AGE-3 and AGE-FX? :smith:

I firmly believe that AGE is the new G-Saviour and that, as far as the hobby division is concerned, Bandai will not revisit or even reference it ever again.

As for RE/100, I'm guessing the possibility that sales haven't been great is kind of baked into the core concept, and it doesn't appear to be in anything like a healthy place at the moment.