Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In the last few episodes it showed that there were much smarter people on the show. What I really liked about Gura and what I think set him above others in the beginning was how ruthless he was. Gura he realised that at the end of the day only one person wins. He also had great moments early on and his biggest failing seemed to be that people realised he was out for number one and stopped working with him. I've had my eye on Sunggyu as well ever since he was the one who suggested Gura swap antidote bottles with him.

e: Sunggyu is some kind of quantum moron because I have no idea if he's super sharp or thick as two short planks

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I was expecting someone to mark cards but Jinho's was much slicker than my idea to make a small divot with a fingernail.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

EmmyOk posted:

I was expecting someone to mark cards but Jinho's was much slicker than my idea to make a small divot with a fingernail.

You're talking Open, Pass, right? I think they said in the rules you can't mark or damage the cards.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah that's the one! I might have looked away during part of the summary and missed that.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

e: Sunggyu is some kind of quantum moron because I have no idea if he's super sharp or thick as two short planks

That is really the genius thing about Sunggyu.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Oh man. Open Pass was one of those brilliant, most memorable Genius moments that they can never replicate. After that, everyone already knows to look for secret properties of every prop in every game. But you can't take away that one moment where Jinho looks lile a magician.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ditocoaf posted:

Oh man. Open Pass was one of those brilliant, most memorable Genius moments that they can never replicate. After that, everyone already knows to look for secret properties of every prop in every game. But you can't take away that one moment where Jinho looks lile a magician.

They do manage to pull off similar stuff - the showrunners and players are pretty sharp.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Ditocoaf posted:

I think that's the scene that really made the Genius special and worthy of the show title.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Tunicate posted:

They do manage to pull off similar stuff - the showrunners and players are pretty sharp.

The one where no one figured out the gimmick, but one person managed to find out a way to beat the game anyway was awesome.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Haha, I remember that. They even pause and say "ok well we thought no one could possibly use that to win, but this person is crazy so there you go."

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Max posted:

Haha, I remember that. They even pause and say "ok well we thought no one could possibly use that to win, but this person is crazy so there you go."

Awesome what season does that happen?

gently caress, Eunji!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Awesome what season does that happen?

gently caress, Eunji!

4. You'll probably figure out who before that, since season 4 is all returning players.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Max posted:

This is such a great moment. Hahah.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, the narrator is usually rather dry and dramatic. This was the only time (I think) where they break character and just go "What the gently caress."

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Sunggyu is one of my favorite players of all time

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The latest Jason Bourne movie uses Extreme Ways as its ending theme and it made me make a very geeky laugh.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Is there any news of a new season of Genius (or crime scene) coming out? Haven't heard anything in months :(

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
No Genius, but it's kinda amusing to bump this thread every few weeks to get people's hopes up.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
The PD behind The Genius put out an open casting call for The Society Game.

https://www.facebook.com/tvnsocietygame

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

pokeyman posted:

No Genius, but it's kinda amusing to bump this thread every few weeks to get people's hopes up.

Fffffuuuuuucccckkkk yyyyyyyoooouuuuuu

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Suspicious Dish posted:

The PD behind The Genius put out an open casting call for The Society Game.

https://www.facebook.com/tvnsocietygame

Is there a subbed version of the trailer?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Corn Thongs posted:

Sunggyu is one of my favorite players of all time

He turned out to be what I was hoping, a pretty boy who is actually really sharp. When he won in the first episode I was hopeful but then it turned out to actually be Kyungran who convinced him to shaft Minseo. What I like so much about him is that his stupid moments are genuine and his sharp moments are really sharp rather than luck or bumbling. I keep expecting police to burst in and take him away after they find the remains of that idol "who almost took leader of Infinity from me" is found in Sunggyu's septic tank.

e: Is it true Gura and Sangmin have a TV show together? :kimchi:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sunggyu leaving was very sad, the female dealer must be devastated

The 5:5 Game is my favorite one so far, really relies on the the individual's ability to use what they have. Impressed by the the OR questions used. Surprised no once asked the guests what they'd been told.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

The 5:5 Game is my favorite one so far, really relies on the the individual's ability to use what they have. Impressed by the the OR questions used. Surprised no once asked the guests what they'd been told.

Female dealer gets a new fan in season 3 that becomes one of the best relationships on the show.

5:5 is definitely the best, because there were so many different ways to make that game work, though Jinho of course found the most elegant solution to the game.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Max posted:

Female dealer gets a new fan in season 3 that becomes one of the best relationships on the show.

5:5 is definitely the best, because there were so many different ways to make that game work, though Jinho of course found the most elegant solution to the game.

Kinda expected someone to ask 'did you just raise your hand' as a freebie.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah, I think it's exceptionally good at showcasing how the remaining contestants think.

Kyungran is thorough and by the book.

Sangmin relies on his observational skill.

Jinho finds a solution that destroys the game.

Edit: though honestly I don't like jinho's solution to the game because it, well, wrecks the game forever. As soon as you permit creating new information, the game is meaningless

Exercu fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 15, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah I was just about to say it was a great showcase for each of them. Kyungran asking double condition questions to force a 5:5 was impressive, Sangmin working solely off what he could see and verify was really sharp, then Jinho just blew them away with such a simple plan. Disgraceful he didn't get an Extreme Power overlay.

Glad Kyungran got though even though I prefer Sangmin, she was shafted by that girl giving the wrong birthday.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

I was a bit sad that Jinho and Sangmin never got to face off in s1 because they were respectively the best game player and the strongest social player

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Exercu posted:

I was a bit sad that Jinho and Sangmin never got to face off in s1 because they were respectively the best game player and the strongest social player
As much flack as S2 gets, it's worth watching for Sangmin's return.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
You loving fucks. Saw this thread have like 150 new posts and freaked out at work! :argh:

With that said I'm happy someones watching season 1! Its making me want to go back and watch it from the start again.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Where is season 2 at?

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

EmmyOk posted:

Where is season 2 at?

The OP has the link. Not sure if this is considered :filez:

Anaconda Rifle fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 15, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ah thank you, my pal! Does anyone have an equivalent of this for Season 2?

I'm locked and loaded with my cheat sheet and all

e: Who exactly was Kyungrun's pal and was his KAIST thing impressive?

e2: I hope my sweet prince Jinho curbstomps this smug dildo

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 15, 2016

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Ah, S2. This will be fun to read.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hate HweeJong so much already and really hope he loses quickly and shamefully, Hongchul is also quite annoying.

Sangmin truly was the snake get loving owned Hongchul

Oh my gently caress yes! Pictured: HweeJong the Lion

Yoonsun needs to win this so she's proven right about loyalty and Hweejong goes into a midlife crisis.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 16, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You loving fucks. Saw this thread have like 150 new posts and freaked out at work! :argh:

With that said I'm happy someones watching season 1! Its making me want to go back and watch it from the start again.

New https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftm1hiXgYsA

Close enough :colbert:

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

Hongchul is uh, Hongchul. There's no one quite like him. He's the elevator airhumping guy in Gangnam Style and he never ever in any show turns down the "I am 110% energetic and obnoxious" vibe

V Yeah, Extreme Ways has been used in all the Bourne movies.

Exercu fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Aug 16, 2016

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The latest Jason Bourne movie uses Extreme Ways as its ending theme and it made me make a very geeky laugh.

Isn't Extreme Ways in every Bourne movie?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I have a big fondness for the editing of s2e1 so the story is "smug jerk gets instant comeuppance". Its pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The other good one is the last small creature person just barely surviving because his partner in another room died seconds before him, so the predator in his room starves instead.