Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Bleach: all build-up with no delivery, just like a Pink Floyd album!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Please God let the announcement actually be the movie and not a Boruto style continuation

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
nothing has ever been explained, we are all that page that's just a finger

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Bleach is over what series is the new bleach

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

slev posted:

Black Clover is bog-standard Shonen, but has a wonderful interplay between characters and a marvelous sense of humour. Exactly like Bleach before all went to poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
imagine i redrew the giant finger page to be a middle finger

Mikl posted:

Black Clover is bog-standard Shonen, but has a wonderful interplay between characters and a marvelous sense of humour. Exactly like Bleach before all went to poo poo.

i need to go back and read it now that its been going a minute, i feel like it wasn't great week to week when it started but once you get past that awkward New Shonen hump it probably gets better

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Doresh posted:

Instead of this final arc, it might just have been better to let Aizen escape and have him hide all over the world. Cowboy Shinigami. Fencer Shinigami. Knight Shinigami. Creepy, scythe-wielding Skeleton Shinigami. Tribal Shinigami. That stuff could write itself. Where in the World is Aizen [I've forgotten his full name]?

Stark was a cowboy and everyone hated him.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

sharktamer posted:

Starrk was amazing. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

slev posted:

It was Nisekoi, but then that ended too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jesse James posted:

Starrk was amazing. :colbert:

starrrrrrk was the loneliest skull ghost in all the land, so he made a scantily clad little girl to keep him company.

dude was such a crrrreep.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Literally The Worst posted:

imagine i redrew the giant finger page to be a middle finger

i need to go back and read it now that its been going a minute, i feel like it wasn't great week to week when it started but once you get past that awkward New Shonen hump it probably gets better

It was bad at first but now it is good bad. The liberties the scanlators take with the translation make it better.

I would give anything for the inevitable anime to get a dub that follows the liberal fan translations over standard dry localization.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Tomorrow is the day that we all have to say goodbye to Bleach, leaving a large hollow space in our day where we used to read but mostly complain.
Get hype?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fabricated posted:

It was bad at first but now it is good bad. The liberties the scanlators take with the translation make it better.

I would give anything for the inevitable anime to get a dub that follows the liberal fan translations over standard dry localization.

who's scanning it? mangastream? lmao

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
mangastream is no poo poo the reason i bought a sub to Jump

i'll live being a week behind if i dont have to put up with their primadonna nakama poo poo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Doresh posted:

Good to know that the true protagonist has not been forgotten *sniff*

The lack of a Shinigami World Tour might just be the biggest missed opportunity in the whole manga. I mean, why write a story about dudes defending the very fabric of creation, the eternal cycle of life and death, if you can't even be arsed to at least mention how this whole cosmology is supposed to work in other countries?

Instead of this final arc, it might just have been better to let Aizen escape and have him hide all over the world. Cowboy Shinigami. Fencer Shinigami. Knight Shinigami. Creepy, scythe-wielding Skeleton Shinigami. Tribal Shinigami. That stuff could write itself. Where in the World is Aizen [I've forgotten his full name]?

but anyway, not this poo poo again. there was no wider afterlife. there wasn't even another sword ghost stronghold in the infinite slum town afterlife, despite it being an infinite plain. but even if kubo had changed his garbage setting to acknowledge that there is sentient life outside of japan, it still would have been him writing it. so, as soon as the first new vaguely racist ethnic-themed magic ghosts were introduced, it would have immediately kicked off a years long arc with a pointlessly overpowered villain.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

slev posted:

There's a non-zero chance of that being Shokugeki no Soma and that thought gives me nightmares

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Fabricated posted:

Please God let the announcement actually be the movie and not a Boruto style continuation

Considering how much bleach has fallen in sales I highly doubt that it's going to get a spin off.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
black clover doesn't have that too cool for school vibe which endeared bleach to our adolescent (meaning stupid) selves. it is a very earnest manga.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

Serious Frolicking posted:

starrrrrrk was the loneliest skull ghost in all the land, so he made a scantily clad little girl to keep him company.

dude was such a crrrreep.

To be fair, when they first talked they said they didn't know which one was the original form, so he could have looked like lillynette. But then he went on to say that they probably looked like neither.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I read that spoiler about Chad and now am going to have to avoid anything else until the release, because I can tell this poo poo is just going to be amazing. I hope they don't resolve any of the lingering plot points, just give me nothing Kubo. Give me the worst ending in Shonen Jump history, become a legend that other manga writers whisper to their assistants about in the dark of night. It's what we deserve for reading your crap every week for all these years.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Abarai Ichika has to be the most fanfic name ever. Were this not Tite Kubo, who has proven time and time again to be a complete idiot, I would totally believe the theory that the author died on the tsunami/earthquake 2-3 years ago and Shounen has just been publishing some random nerd's fanfic.

I'm so happy with this ending.

For years when somebody said "crappy manga/anime ending" the first thing to pop into people's mind was Evangelion, which was totally unfair because Evangelion was good for the most part.

Now Bleach has taken away that title.

Forever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pairing salt from tumblr:
Kubo I trusted you, I thought you were going to take the good path, but no, you always choose tits over real love

Those last five words will be my band's name :allears:

I can’t believe Kubo pulled a Kishi on us… Why, WHY did he tease IchiRuki so much (one of the many examples being this HONEYMOON spread) if he makes it IchiHime in the end.

I don’t hate IchiHime, its shippers or anything, everyone can ship and like what they want. It’s just that it hurts SO MUCH to be betrayed by an author when he has given you lots and lots of legit hints pointing towards this really special relationship and then everything takes a complete 180 in the last chapters, the characters that used to share this special bond don’t even talk again, turn around, fcuk someone else, have babies and start acting completely OOC.

IchiRuki and/or NaruSaku shippers, we were not wrong. We just got teased, given false hope and betrayed by the authors of the mangas we loved. And it hurts. But we were and are NOT wrong or delusional to believe in these pairings.

Thanks for lots of wasted time believing you were actually capable authors, scumbags.

oh i cannot get enough of these saltboys, feed me more salt, it gives me sodium-based life

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 17, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
same

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

sharktamer posted:

You don't count as a real cowboy in an anime or manga unless you're wearing a cowboy hat, and probably also have a stars-and-stripes motif just to make sure.

but anyway, not this poo poo again. there was no wider afterlife. there wasn't even another sword ghost stronghold in the infinite slum town afterlife, despite it being an infinite plain. but even if kubo had changed his garbage setting to acknowledge that there is sentient life outside of japan, it still would have been him writing it. so, as soon as the first new vaguely racist ethnic-themed magic ghosts were introduced, it would have immediately kicked off a years long arc with a pointlessly overpowered villain.

Very likely, but at least it would make the setting feel less claustrophobic. It's pretty fitting that the Bleach musicals are fairly popular, cause the manga itself almost feels like it takes place on a stage.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pairing salt from tumblr:
Kubo I trusted you, I thought you were going to take the good path, but no, you always choose tits over real love

Those last five words will be my band's name :allears:

"Today, I lost all respect for Tite Kubo..."

Doresh fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 17, 2016

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Someone photoshop Kubo over Dawn of the final day.

Bacontotem fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 17, 2016

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Feel free to gripe about bad shonen in the dbz thread.

Watching bleach end is a sign that I'm growing older. I don't know if I'll even follow one piece as the latest arc is a rehash of the last one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why would we gripe about bad shounen in another thread? this thread is dedicated to a bad shounen manga with no content, making it the ideal location for such discussions.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Because dragonballz is gay and it sucks

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

JohnnyCocksville posted:

It's the thinking man's shounen. Keeping track of all those power levels requires skill.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
NO! It has a bloated cast that ends up being irrelevant and the hero keeps changing his hair. It's bleach which is also bad+sucks

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Some day I hope to care about something as much as these people care about which fictional character bones the other

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

DBZ is the Seinfeld of shounen.

If you didn't read/watch it before it's nearly impossible to go back to it because everything it inspired cannibalized it to the extent that the original is bland and uninteresting.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I hope the actual chapter comes out soon so I can close this thread at long last.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

alkanphel posted:

I hope the actual chapter comes out soon so I can close this thread at long last.

The End of Perfection

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

JohnnyCocksville posted:

turn on your monitor

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Voted 1 BLAM this piece of poo poo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

alkanphel posted:

i am all set to make the next thread

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

i am all set to make the next thread

Call it "The Beginning of Imperfection"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Wrist Watch posted:

DBZ is the Seinfeld of shounen.

If you didn't read/watch it before it's nearly impossible to go back to it because everything it inspired cannibalized it to the extent that the original is bland and uninteresting.

Pretty much. Before Dragon Ball everyone was ripping off Fist of the North Star, then here comes Toriyama who makes a much more lighthearted series with a protagonist who is borderline retarded.

Groundbreaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

alkanphel posted:

Call it "The Beginning of Imperfection"

i was gonna do "Bleach Post-Mortem Thread: The End of Perfection... really? gently caress you kubo"

• Locked thread