Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Chinaman7000 posted:

I believe a neighboring suburb-city is on the path to building a bigger one. Life is great.

With luck global warming or peak oil or something will lead to most of texas being abandoned. Then in a few hundred years archaeologists can try to ponder what these structures were for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's in Allen, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. Everything's bigger in Texas. The high school is a monster, 4,763 students grades 10-12. The loving marching band is over 700. I wonder how many students are on the football team, like 20 or 30?

Jesus, that high school has twice as many students as the town I grew up in has people.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

Jesus, that high school has twice as many students as the town I grew up in has people.

I'm sorry that your football team sucked.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

BgRdMchne posted:

I'm sorry that your football team sucked.

My senior year they lost every single game they played. It was hilarious.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moon Slayer posted:

Yeah, it seems weird to me too. You'd have 1600 people in your grade. Why not build a few smaller schools instead, so kids wouldn't have to bus in so far? Then you could have 3 or 4 football teams!

Oh poo poo, this is the funny pictures thread, um, here's something from imgur's front page.

http://i.imgur.com/GxNEysb.gifv

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh poo poo, this is the funny pictures thread, um, here's something from imgur's front page.

This isn't funny!! What the gently caress is it?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Facebook Aunt posted:

:stonk:

Thats not funny! That isn't funny at all!!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ak Gara posted:

A different lineup for every game! Always fresh players!

11 for offense, 11 for defense, 11 for special teams, plus backups, plus backups for the backups. Football is an especially player-heavy sport.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Cosima posted:

Maybe a sea cucumber out of the water?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's me

Imgur says it's a sea mouse

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cosima posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphrodita

quote:

The name of the genus is taken from Aphrodite, the Ancient Greek goddess of love. This is because, when viewed ventrally, the animal resembles a human female's genitalia.
:quagmire: gently caress the ocean.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
gently caress THAT

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Actual funny picture?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

VanSandman posted:

11 for offense, 11 for defense, 11 for special teams, plus backups, plus backups for the backups. Football is an especially player-heavy sport.

The high school I teach at pretty much has ~10 players that, unless there is a catastrophic event, practice every day to earn a front row season pass.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Sep 4, 2016

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, it seems weird to me too. You'd have 1600 people in your grade. Why not build a few smaller schools instead, so kids wouldn't have to bus in so far? Then you could have 3 or 4 football teams!

the mist 2 looking good

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

ryonguy posted:

True, he just got the locales reversed.

(picture not the same one as the article, it "only" cost $63M)

Takes a unique kind of stupid to place that much value on high school football.

This unbelievable eyesore is just a few miles from where I live. The Allen/Plano area of Dallas is full of insanely, stupidly wealthy Texans who are more than happy to throw their money at crap like this because 'Merica, I guess. The median income around here is six figures; the mean income is some insane amount because of all the aforementioned rich-rear end mofos.

To contribute to the actual topic of the thread:

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well it sure does!

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Would vote for that dog for president. I mean, he can't be worse than Trump.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Ak Gara posted:

A different lineup for every game! Always fresh players!

Well you've got varsity and JV, and an offense and defense of 11 kids each, so 50 kids is actually a pretty reasonable number.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

You know you've been at sea to long when that thing starts looking erotic to you.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

E: wrong thread

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RyokoTK posted:

Well you've got varsity and JV, and an offense and defense of 11 kids each, so 50 kids is actually a pretty reasonable number.

Well, if you're going to include Varsity and JV, then you're looking at 100 people.

I went to a much smaller school (1300 kids grades 9-12). We had a Frosh, J/V and Varsity teams and each fielded around 40 players per team. So we had almost 10% of the student population (probably closer to 20% of the male students) play football at our school back in the 80s.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Every day. Every f*cking day.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Thought this was a photoshop for a second!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Thought this was a photoshop for a second!

I thought it was a Madden NFL glitch.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Cosima posted:

The inside of a fleshlight.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Invisible players are against the rules.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There's nothing in the rule book that says an Invisible Man can't play football if he wears a helmet

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

When his invisible penis gets slammed with a helmet he's gonna wish he put on a cup too.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

My favorite response is the simplest one

imgur posted:

put it back

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

So, she's Greek? So what?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Wierdest boner. Seriously.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

"I'm gonna get a cutie mark of a butt, that has a butt-shaped cutie mark on it, and I'm gonna get it right on my butt"

What is Beavis' supposed to be?

• Locked thread