Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Roland Jones posted:

I don't see UrarakaxTsuyu in that trailer so I don't know what OTP you're talking about.

:psypop:

E: is there a good version of psypop?

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

:psyboom: ?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Roland Jones posted:

I don't see UrarakaxTsuyu in that trailer so I don't know what OTP you're talking about.

That's a THING?!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

smh at all the nonbelievers who dont even follow the douj scene

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Is it that surprising?

They've had more interactions together than Tsuyu and Deku.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffleman_ posted:

That's a THING?!

Did you forget the chapter where they went alone into the woods together and held hands?

I mean I was mostly just joking but yeah, it's probably totally a thing. Hell I'm pretty sure someone out there unironically ships Mineta with someone.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is it that surprising?

They've had more interactions together than Tsuyu and Deku.

Not really, but I like overreacting to things. I know there is a slashfic for pretty much everything under the sun.

Maybe :magical: would've been better?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Waffleman_ posted:

That's a THING?!

If it's not it should be

Ship everybody

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I ship Momo and Jirou, myself.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TriffTshngo posted:

Ship everybody

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

TriffTshngo posted:

Ship everybody

All Might x All Might x All Might x All Might is all the rage. OTP. Twice over.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

TriffTshngo posted:

If it's not it should be

Ship everybody

Mineta should be shipped on a leaky rowboat to Siberia.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
I don't understand why everyone is freaking out over the idea, Tsuchako is a pretty cute ship and probably the most popular of the F/F ones from the series, and there's a lot of fan material out there for it if you wanna look. There's also the fact that there's a lot in the manga to "support" it if you're the kind of girl who looks for that stuff (she said, fully aware she's outing herself as that kind of girl). They're always together, really supportive of each other and have more than a few cute/emotional physical moments too! It's hardly any more than fluff and lmao at the idea of any shounen manga ever being intended as anything but 100% the straightest thing, but it's not exactly something I think warrants a half page of WTF?!?.

Also, while I'm being shipper trash, totally agree with the person above who likes MomoJirou, another extremely cute pairing, A+.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

The Divine Orator posted:

lmao at the idea of any shounen manga ever being intended as anything but 100% the straightest thing

Eh. Clearly intentional yuri elements (with varying degrees of subtextuality) are a thing in, e.g., Negima and Soul Eater Not. Male homosexuality (at least between protagonists) is the thing that seems to be more off-limits.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I typically don't get caught up in ships. If something's cute, poo poo yeah I'll fawn over it, but ... anything more seems like :effort:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Silver2195 posted:

Eh. Clearly intentional yuri elements (with varying degrees of subtextuality) are a thing in, e.g., Negima and Soul Eater Not. Male homosexuality (at least between protagonists) is the thing that seems to be more off-limits.

And then we have HxH, where Killua at least is pretty clearly crushing on Gon at some points.

Also, while thinking over this, I realized that Deku and Uraraka's relationship has sort of flipped. When we started out, Uraraka was a standard friend to him and he couldn't even talk to her. Now it's Uraraka who's the one who flips out and becomes so flustered she can barely speak when the subject of her crush comes up.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

And then we have HxH, where Killua at least is pretty clearly crushing on Gon at some points.

I've had the same thought, but we're specifically discussing author (or even editor) intent here, which is harder to prove.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Since we're talking about it, why is Jirou x Hagakure so popular? I must have forgotten something because I don't remember them interacting.

EDIT: Ojiro!!

Petiso fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 6, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Petiso posted:

Since we're talking about it, why is Jirou x Hagakure so popular? I must have forgotten something because I don't remember them interacting.

I don't think it is.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

...They were both knocked out by the poison gas at the summer lodge? That's the the only thing that comes to mind

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

chumbler posted:

I ship Momo and Jirou, myself.

You, sir, have excellent taste in ships.

This is probably really dumb of me to say, but it's kind of interesting to me to see how much a small handful of interactions can shape a ship. Hagakure and Mina both have similarly bubbly personalities, but Hagakure has had a couple short exchanges with Ojiro that paired them up in just about everyone's minds, whereas Mina doesn't have an obvious match. Jirou and Kaminari were partnered up in the very first test, and then were in the same area at USJ, but I can't immediately remember if they have more than that, although that may just be selective amnesia on my part, because I could probably tell you in excruciating detail every interaction that Momo and Jirou have.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I don't understand how you people can keep track of all of these different nonsense names for all these minor characters. I can hardly even remember the names of the main characters.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Roland Jones posted:

Hell I'm pretty sure someone out there unironically ships Mineta with someone.
I ship Mineta with Happosai from Ranma 1/2.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
i dreamt about all might :toot:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Petiso posted:

Characters don't need to interact in oder to become a popular fan pairing. See:Crona and Kid from Soul Eater.

I don't get it either, but it happens.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

I mean I was mostly just joking but yeah, it's probably totally a thing. Hell I'm pretty sure someone out there unironically ships Mineta with someone.

Mineta x His right hand

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

I never really thought much of carrying someone that way until I started seeing anime/manga refer to it as a "Princess Carry". Like...it's either that way, or on your back if it's just you, and if you're hurt the latter doesn't work well with a lot of injuries.

Edit: I also hope this is Horikoshi intentionally loving with shippers, because that would be hilarious and awesome.

I'm having a hard time coming up with an injury that makes the more stressful to your back, arms, and balance bridal carry a better option than a fireman carry. Piggy back would also be less stressful.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Petiso posted:

In the anime there's a scene where she gushes about how brave he was during the initial attack on the school where the kids got scattered.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gyges posted:

I'm having a hard time coming up with an injury that makes the more stressful to your back, arms, and balance bridal carry a better option than a fireman carry. Piggy back would also be less stressful.
a fireman's carry wouldn't feel very good with broken ribs.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

a fireman's carry wouldn't feel very good with broken ribs.

Better than a princess/bridal carry.

Having carried people both ways, I can say without a doubt that carrying someone in your arms is great and fun for approximately 5 steps and then you begin to question you entire concept of fitness. Meanwhile fireman carry is mildly annoying while letting you carry pro football players around. Largely because princess/bridal unbalances the poo poo out of you while putting stress on your arms, back, shoulders, and core while the fireman carry puts almost all the stress on your legs and makes your neck feel slightly uncomfortable.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 5, 2016

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gyges posted:

Better than a princess/bridal carry.

Having carried people both ways, I can say without a doubt that carrying someone in your arms is great and fun for approximately 5 steps and then you begin to question you entire concept of fitness. Meanwhile fireman carry is mildly annoying while letting you carry pro football players around. Largely because princess/bridal unbalances the poo poo out of you while putting stress on your arms, back, shoulders, and core while the fireman carry puts almost all the stress on your legs and makes your neck feel slightly uncomfortable.
Ahh, I meant for the person being carried. Bridal/Princess carry is poo poo for long distances but piggyback/fireman carry would suck for whomever you were carrying if they had abdominal injuries or broken ribs.

Fireman's carry isn't used by firemen anymore anyway- They now prefer to literally drag you while you're laying on your back if possible.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Kanos posted:

In the anime there's a scene where she gushes about how brave he was during the initial attack on the school where the kids got scattered.

The original post makes a lot more sense now that I realize they were talking about Ojiro (tail), not Jirou (earjacks).

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Agh! That's right, I meant Ojiro, names are hard. I bet that post sounded funny.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Petiso posted:

Agh! That's right, I meant Ojiro, names are hard. I bet that post sounded funny.

It came right after someone else was talking about Jirou and Momo, too, which made it extra-confusing. I wasn't sure if you were getting Momo's name wrong or talking about a pairing I never heard anyone talk about prior, missing that it was the other character's name that was actually the wrong one.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's because Ojiro is great.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I can't help but see him as a male, furry-tailed, karate-kid version of the Normal Girl from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

"Don't call me plain!"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Ojiro is a cool guy and I hope he gets his chance to do his thing soon.

Dude keeps getting the rug pulled out from under him.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm excited to see him fight like a guy without a tail would.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I want a close-up panel of someone's face as Ojiro slams them with his tail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
He raises himself on top of it and kicks with both legs along with punching, he's like a kangaroo.