Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

AnonSpore posted:

You miss all the good lines and narration which are like 50% of the joy of reading any good Baki chapter

yeah i thought as much. i'll stick to spinyback's scans

baki's granddad being someone everyone knew is a bit of a poo poo retcon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Doppo punched that man's nose off :allears:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Part 2 of the Doppo Gaiden is out by Spinyback!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

goddamn i wannna see someone pull that on musashi

Thoren
May 28, 2008
http://spinybackmanga.com/?manga=Baki+Dou

Translated up to 101 now.

Musashi vs Pickle :swoon:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Pickles going to get beat up till he remembers which dinosaur historically fought using mind swords.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

what the gently caress did the fucktard scanlators skip like 15 chapters?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

what the gently caress did the fucktard scanlators skip like 15 chapters?

What do you mean? Spinyback's last release was Chapter was 101. They also did the Baki Gaiden recently. I don't know of another group consistently translating Baki.

Also, we're getting free translations here, I don't think we're in a position to call them fucktards.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jedah posted:

What do you mean? Spinyback's last release was Chapter was 101. They also did the Baki Gaiden recently. I don't know of another group consistently translating Baki.

Also, we're getting free translations here, I don't think we're in a position to call them fucktards.

oh apparently someone uploaded a wild fang scan on batoto and kissmanga and it really weirded me out cause it's from chapter 116... apologies

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Baki-Dou/Chapter-116?id=308922

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

oh apparently someone uploaded a wild fang scan on batoto and kissmanga and it really weirded me out cause it's from chapter 116... apologies

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Baki-Dou/Chapter-116?id=308922

No worries. But hey, you found a brand new Baki-Dou chapter. Nice find!

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Why would they translate this far ahead?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Thoren posted:

Why would they translate this far ahead?

It's from Wild Fang Project, another group that was way far ahead and are but only do so to private users of their forum/people who commission them. Someone is leaking their stuff though. Speaking of which, 118/119 were leaked as well

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

It's from Wild Fang Project, another group that was way far ahead and are but only do so to private users of their forum/people who commission them. Someone is leaking their stuff though. Speaking of which, 118/119 were leaked as well

What are your thoughts on the latest chapters?

Spoiler discussion:
I've been enjoying Pickle vs Musashi. They seem to be well-matched. Pickle's body naturally acts as the ultimate defense, since he's wrassled with dinosaurs and the T-Rex.

On the other hand, Musashi's battōjutsu appears to be the ultimate offense, or at least drat near perfect. His last attack to Pickle was absolutely brutal. This is a real war, the kind that Musashi felt Baki wasn't prepared for. As a side note, it's a little strange to see Baki on the sidelines.

Will Pickle die from his wounds? Musashi's shoulder injury may become a significant problem, too. They've raised the stakes in this fight, and yet, Motobe is nowhere to be seen.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 16, 2016

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 121 (RAW) is out!

Spoiler discussion:
I don't see Pickle recovering from his recent wounds, especially considering his extreme blood loss. Musashi speaks about this point in a previous chapter, according to the Wild Fang translations. There's a chance this upcoming attack is Pickle's last one, since he's transformed and everything. However, the author is known for his love of fake-outs and misdirection.

Baki is watching this fight from the stands, and he must be studying it closely. If Baki could recreate Musashi's "image" and train against it, there's a chance he could defeat Musashi in the future. This is purely speculation, but it's possible that Baki will hold a grudge against Musashi for murdering his caveman buddy, as well as Retsu. To my knowledge, Baki was Pickle's only real friend.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
IDGAF about pickles, all I want is another Motobe Bunshin no Justu.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Jedah posted:

If Baki could recreate Musashi's "image" and train against it, there's a chance he could defeat Musashi in the future.

Baki can get legit stronger by having imaginary fights, but only if his immersion is so total that he runs the risk of traumatic mental damage if his imaginary friend kicks the poo poo out of him. To untrained onlookers, it may appear that he is merely staring intensely at a bug, but make no mistake, it is a true battle of warriors and the bug knows this too.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Mary Annette posted:

To untrained onlookers, it may appear that he is merely staring intensely at a bug, but make no mistake, it is a true battle of warriors and the bug knows this too.
A true battle of warriors. One of my favorite parts of the series.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 18, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Pickles going to get beat up till he remembers which dinosaur historically fought using mind swords.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Good! Good.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

At first, Pickle compared Musashi to a raptor, but then...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Muhammad Ali, who is still alive in the Baki universe: "Pickle, baby! Jump like a Deinonychus, sting like a wasp!"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Jedah posted:

At first, Pickle compared Musashi to a raptor, but then...

I like how Pickle decided Musashi was a wasp which is no good to eat so he's not interested in fighting anymore :laffo:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i love this dumb manga and i hope everyone itt is reading kengan asura

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I love how goofy Musashi's face is. It's like his eyes never point in the same direction and he has this expression that makes him look like a doofus.

edit: I mean seriously:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I love how goofy Musashi's face is. It's like his eyes never point in the same direction and he has this expression that makes him look like a doofus.

edit: I mean seriously:

Thats what he looked like in real life.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

Niten Ichi-ryū Succession Technique... Divine Doofus Dash!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao Musashi mind carving the scientist man

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

lmao Musashi mind carving the scientist man

I wish he IRL carved him too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i wish new grappler baki got an anime. i want to see doppo punch a guy with his wrist animated

also lol i remembered how ridiculous it was that he was happy his hand got cut off because he could punch without fear of breaking it. doppo owns

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Jose posted:

also lol i remembered how ridiculous it was that he was happy his hand got cut off because he could punch without fear of breaking it. doppo owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://spinybackmanga.com/?manga=Baki+Dou&chapter=Chapter+103+Dream#page=1

in which musashi gets a gun

Arstavial
Aug 16, 2005
It shouldn't affect quality/speed of releases, but I'm stepping back from translating Baki Dou for a while. Various real life things are taking up way too much time. The person who was doing it before will resume translation until I'm able to get back to it.

In the meantime I'm going to keep reading and hope this stupid Pickle thing ends quickly.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure they're sitting on one more chapter of Doppo, so hopefully that'll see a release soon.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Grappler Baki is secretly a manga about drinking:

Arstavial posted:

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure they're sitting on one more chapter of Doppo, so hopefully that'll see a release soon.

Nice, and thanks for all your contributions!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

other than bartender i don't think i've seen booze drunk much in manga so you're right because its all the time in baki

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Arstavial posted:

It shouldn't affect quality/speed of releases, but I'm stepping back from translating Baki Dou for a while. Various real life things are taking up way too much time. The person who was doing it before will resume translation until I'm able to get back to it.

In the meantime I'm going to keep reading and hope this stupid Pickle thing ends quickly.

Pickle stuff ends around chapter 123, when Pickle decides that not only is Musashi too much trouble to eat, he's a wasp instead of a raptor, and wasps are no good to eat, so he peaces out.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
musashi is in trouble now, we can only hope

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i want him to realise swords are bad and come up with a gun martial art

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Jose posted:

i want him to realise swords are bad and come up with a gun martial art

Gunkata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Do you like amusement parks?