Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

well it's real simple. I turned this

into this

in about 10 seconds.

you just open the image you want to pixelate up in photoshop and go to the filter menu, then pixelate, then mosaic. Select the size of the blocks you want and there you go.
With images like the above you might want to duplicate the layer a few times because it's an easy way of firming up the outer line (it can get a bit faded thanks to transparency). The fast way to do that is ctrl+j. Then after you're happy with the image select the top layer and press ctrl+alt+shift+e . This will make a new layer out of everything visible.

Make sure you make the underlying layers invisible then if you feel like it go to image, adjustments, brightness/contrast and mess around with the settings until you have it how you like it. There you go!

This is very handy for backgrounds in retro-style images or if you draw something freehand and then want to pixelate it. It's good to get the shape of an object with a bit of shading and then you can go in and add the details pixel by pixel if you're so inclined.

In it, voted 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

joke_explainer posted:

which is best?

3rd: amalgam of 1st & 2nd

I like the 2nd one best but they are all really cute

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Music Theory

I like the first best, mostly because of the right angle on the others' necks.

nvm no cake

#1. The second one looks like it has a disease. Also, I see the weird neck angle on #2 and #3 and now I can't unsee it

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
it makes the llama good at trigonometry

Manifisto

I think I like #3 best, but just for the heck of it here's another option to throw into the mix that sort of blends elements from each:

ty nesamdoom!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Manifisto posted:

I think I like #3 best, but just for the heck of it here's another option to throw into the mix that sort of blends elements from each:

choose this one

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

joke_explainer

(sorry I'm spamming up this thread, I appreciate the collaboration though, I'll make another thread if you all prefer) better or worse in general than #1, and better w or w/ out the cute eye

joke_explainer fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 30, 2016

Jerry Mumphrey

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

:prepop:

----------------

nvm no cake

joke_explainer posted:

(sorry I'm spamming up this thread, I appreciate the collaboration though, I'll make another thread if you all prefer) better or worse in general than #1, and better w or w/ out the cute eye

one sec transparency didn't come through for some reason

someone accidentally saved as .jpg

social vegan

ahaha you own hogge

joke_explainer

Music Theory

:eyepop:

social vegan

holy

joke_explainer

i maybe should have put a little more work into the hideous feet but I mostly just wanted a break from staring at a llama sprite

nvm no cake

joke_explainer

fixed the shirt problem. someone could put this in a sig if they wanted!

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

:perfect:

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm jealous! :blush:

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

fixed the color:

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

Hogge Wild posted:

I'd like to be there too if possible.

once again caveats everything is up to JE blah blah blah

ty nesamdoom!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Manifisto posted:

lol

----------------

social vegan

poor mouth, it looks like a coconut got in a fight with gallagher and well *pulls up tarp* we all know how this goes ;)

LogicalFallacy

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

criscodisco posted:

I know I already asked for one but I was thinking maybe I didn't get one because I didn't say anything about stuff I like so just in case that's why I like flashy or sparkley stuff and also I really like star trek thank you anyone who takes the time.
As per request of "Not my real dad" forum dad Hogge WIld, I gimped up a sig for you. I saw you requested sparkly and star trek, so I did my best copying an image of a (the best) Enterprise captain and added stars. Here you go:

LogicalFallacy

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Also if someone could do me up a sig that would be great. Something sufficiently spoopy for the season and Doom-inspired (OG or Nu-, doesn't much matter to me) would be wonderful.

criscodisco

do it

LogicalFallacy posted:

As per request of "Not my real dad" forum dad Hogge WIld, I gimped up a sig for you. I saw you requested sparkly and star trek, so I did my best copying an image of a (the best) Enterprise captain and added stars. Here you go:

Well I hope she wasn't a real bitch about it.

Thanks, I like that one too! Hogge Wilde I know you'll read this I appreciate that greatly but I sure hope you didn't feel the need to do that! I wasn't sad about the sig or anything I just thought it would be fun to have one.

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 30, 2016

----------------

heard u like girls

lol

----------------

symbolic

Manifisto posted:

yo, how do you do this? i tried using the Mosaic tool in CS2 Photoshop but couldn't get it to look like pixels.

Manifisto

sig check

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

symbolic posted:

yo, how do you do this? i tried using the Mosaic tool in CS2 Photoshop but couldn't get it to look like pixels.

I'll try to put something in the GIMP/Photoshop thread!

ty nesamdoom!

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

LogicalFallacy posted:

quotin this cuz its a free country :911:

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

LogicalFallacy posted:

well done!

----------------

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

criscodisco posted:

Well I hope she wasn't a real bitch about it.

Thanks, I like that one too! Hogge Wilde I know you'll read this I appreciate that greatly but I sure hope you didn't feel the need to do that! I wasn't sad about the sig or anything I just thought it would be fun to have one.

lol

you should get adopted: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791322

----------------

guns for tits

Music Theory posted:

son i've been photoshopping dogs all night; you get me the dog and the location and i get you a dog sig

unless of course you don't want a photoshopped dog and instead you want a painted dog, perhaps, in which case I will fade back into the shadows

also, the calvin & hobbes byob sig I made doesn't feel right for me, so anyone who wants to use it, feel free to take it

Looks like I don't know how to type on my phone sometimes.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

symbolic posted:

that one's hand drawn if i'm not totally insane

hi how are you ♥

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

joke_explainer posted:

I can't decide. No cute eye looks better overall I think but the cute eye makes it cute and otherwise it's not. I'm glad that the reason I failed to make good llama pixel art is that it's bizarrely difficult.

Higgy

I decided to fire up the ol' Photoshop and do up myself a sig that I had asked for later. What ya'll think?

Robot Made of Meat

Higgy posted:

I decided to fire up the ol' Photoshop and do up myself a sig that I had asked for later. What ya'll think?

Excellent sig!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Higgy

ty!

FYI for others, I can still apparently crop and paste stuff in Photoshop. If you want some Higgy brand photochopped sigs feel free to ask :shrug:

• Locked thread