Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is best in life?
This poll is closed.
Idols 44 15.22%
Baps 77 26.64%
Robots 72 24.91%
3d 38 13.15%
Touhous 58 20.07%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Stexils posted:

tiny-senpai is the best character in working!!

That's a weird way to spell Yamada. Easy mistake to make though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Watched the first episode of ReZero, it was a bit long for my taste, but I get why they started with a double length episode. Subaru was less obnoxious and more relate-able after he got the snot beaten out of him 10 minutes in. It definitely has me interested though, and the characters seem pretty enjoyable.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Don't make me regret it even more :negative:

that one's voiced by Yamada from working

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I love it when a friend who's not all that into anime asks me for a recommendation and I can just say "Mob Psycho is good" before I even consider their personal tastes.

and then i do consider their personal tastes and try to actually come up with something for them to watch after they finish mob psycho.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Blhue posted:

that one's voiced by Yamada from working

:negative:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
the brown one i post is Chris from symphogear

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
I'd give them One Punch Man before Mob just because the animation style is a little easier to swallow for someone who isn't into that kind of stuff.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Actually, to be completely honest, that conversation completely derailed after I recommended Mob Psycho because I mentioned Luke Cage and how good it was and we just started talking about the MCU Netflix shows so I'm not even sure I'm that good at recommending anime.

But I am good at recommending Luke Cage.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

I'd give them One Punch Man before Mob just because the animation style is a little easier to swallow for someone who isn't into that kind of stuff.

I said he's not all that into anime, not that he doesn't watch any. He's seen (and read) One Punch Man. He really liked it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Thank you for the morale booster. Who needs phone games! Raaaaaaawr!

Oh I know myself...

Biblically.

But seriously I have no self control so I can't buy chocolate or let myself play that stuff.

I don't have that problem, even though I joke about hiding my credit cards from myself, I actually don't have any money. Pokemon go combines my love of being outsidea with my love of anime and mmos.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Blhue posted:

That one I don't care about.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Did somebody say Chris from Symphogear?!?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I don't have that problem, even though I joke about hiding my credit cards from myself, I actually don't have any money. Pokemon go combines my love of being outsidea with my love of anime and mmos.

Yeah, mine is more wasting time. Like I'm doing now, instead of writing me cheat sheet or going to bed.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

That one I don't care about.

THE gently caress?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

THE gently caress?

:shrug:

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
I get ya, sometimes a character just doesn't strike a chord.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

i saw this in the museum like half a year ago... its pretty good. the kids fantasize about hunting a whale in their kindergarten. they actually become friends with it tho. no pro whaling propaganda here haha. the museum is good btw. i had pancakes and ice coffee. they gave me a bunch of flags with the pancakes. you can also see a lot of the ghibli design process and climb stuff. probably pretty cool if you are a kid. there were a lot of books, well i obviously couldn't read those. its a very short movie, im not sure how much i can say. the museum was in a nice park. both the museum and the movie were cute. the seating for the movie wasn't great though

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Cowwan posted:

I get ya, sometimes a character just doesn't strike a chord.

I've never seen symphogear, don't know too much about it and ... don't quite care at the moment. Bedtime, but maybe someone can make me care with a post?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/LiamWBZ/status/783126808648622081

This year has gotten so loving stupid. We're literally living in a lovely Stephen King movie. Not even one of the books! A Stephen King movie.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

I've never seen symphogear, don't know too much about it and ... don't quite care at the moment. Bedtime, but maybe someone can make me care with a post?

Ah, even more reason to not care.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Tonight, tragedy struck the 2nd Division.

Their gas-powered jury-rigged outdoor bath...

exploded (with no casualties). However! Not all is lost! This means - yes! - that it's time for...

an onsen episode!

:pervert: :pervert: :pervert:

But there are various sketchy characters at the bathhouse:

So of course we have to pick fights with them.

OH poo poo EVERYBODY'S NAKED

THINGS ARE NOT GOING AS PLANNED

IT'S OK

WE GOT HIM. NOW...

NOW WE CAN SHAVE HIS ARMPITS

good work, team

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

good work, team

:hai:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The work of a civil servant is difficult and unending. But also necessary and rewarding.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Some more of these might work. IF it works, it'll be put below YZQ.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not a Chris, but a determination.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

wow it's me

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Symphogear s4: chris gets owned by a pizza noise

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Pato TV seems good

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Pato TV seems good

it's

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

someone edit this on to the balcony where you meet Solaire in DKS1

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ah, another gif for my signature.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
akifumi kaneko is the best writer when it comes to dialog, whether it's symphogear or wild arms

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Blhue posted:

*chris singing* NEMO NEMO NEMO NEMO NEEeEeeee

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowwan posted:

Watched the first episode of ReZero, it was a bit long for my taste, but I get why they started with a double length episode. Subaru was less obnoxious and more relate-able after he got the snot beaten out of him 10 minutes in. It definitely has me interested though, and the characters seem pretty enjoyable.

i think it first starts to pick up by episode 3, and it just steadily gains speed from there, so look forward to it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

NO CORTANA I WOULD NOT LIKE A TOUR OF WINDOWS 10'S VOICE COMMAND CAPABILITIES NOW STOP ASKING GODDAMMIT :argh:

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
ReZero is good but I hate how long it's going to take to get another season and the web novel spoilers are always there waiting

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Spiritus Nox posted:

NO CORTANA I WOULD NOT LIKE A TOUR OF WINDOWS 10'S VOICE COMMAND CAPABILITIES NOW STOP ASKING GODDAMMIT :argh:

what if cortana were an anime girl, would you like her then

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm tempted to buy the KonoSuba light novels cause the anime was so fun, but S2 has already been confirmed, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sea Sponge Run posted:

what if cortana were an anime girl, would you like her then

Not even. Voice-command "AI" personalities are about 50 years too early.

https://twitter.com/touhou_dbooks/status/783154812384837633

Also, whoever said that Touhou's moon was full of Nazis appears to have been quite serious. drat.

• Locked thread