Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Can't say I blame her.

Carol should just handcuff tomo and jun togeather.

Then handcuff herself to Misuzu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Pavlov posted:

What is this stigma against wearing school swimsuits in japan? I've seen this multiple times and the school suits never looked that odd to me.

It has nothing to do with the design of the swimsuit, it's about how incredibly lame you have to be to wear the school-designated swimsuit to the beach.

Like, imagine if a kid who went to a Catholic high school in the US, the kind with a uniform, wore said uniform to a party at a friend's house during summer break. You just don't do that.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Seriously, if even Jun thinks it's "ehhhhhhhn" you know it's really lame.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
You know, I guess I just forgot how picky highschool kids get about fashion stuff.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The school swimsuit will also start being mild fetishwear if you keep wearing it after highschool.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Ok, here's an "effort" post of a bunch of crap that I've been reading lately, in no particular order.

edit: all links Batoto, except for Usotoki Rhetoric which is on Mangahere.

Kimi ni Todoke updated with two new chapters after almost an entire year of silence. I know the last story line annoyed a bunch of people, but it really feels like it's pushing toward the end game with these two chapters.

Itsuya-san finished up it's second and final volume. It's a seinin story about a boy who really only has his grandmother who's started to fall into dementia. He's taken in by the substitute teacher who can't draw, but she has a strange power to bring her drawings to life. There's not too much there, but it's a well felt drama and not too long.

Madame Petit features a murder on the Orient Express! Our young heroine's new much older husband is found dead on their first night on the famous train, and she takes it upon herself to solve the mystery. Her adventures continue in Paris after the mystery is solved.

Usotoki Rhetoric follows a girl who moves far away because she can always hear when people are lying. Set in the first year of the Showa era (1926), she is taken in by a penniless detective who can put her ability to good use and help protect her from the type of scorn she faced in her old town.

Palace Meidi is a cute shoujo story in a fictional Meiji era Japan where the female emperor lives in the inner palace, attended by young boys who have the unique ability to act as liaisons between the ladies of the inner palace and gentleman of the outer palace. Our main character is one of those boys who totally falls for the emperor.

Kuro Hakushaku wa Hoshi o Mederu takes place in 19th century London. Our main character is poor but she can see ghosts. She's taken in by a handsome young count. Turns out it's not ghosts she can see but vampires, which he fights! The most recent chapter goes into why he's so obsessed with her.

Kami-sama Gakuen @ Armeria is probably the dumbest fluffy shoujo thing I've ever read. I can't stop reading it for some reason, and I can't bring myself to describe it, so I'm copy-pasting from Batoto here: "Yanagawa Rokuhana is a student from Armeria - a school where only 30 students are attending. Little did Yanagawa realized that she was actually the chosen one by God to protect the world from the almighty, God of the Death."

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 20, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's really amazing how bad kimi ni todoke got, to the point that I just don't want to finish it. Every time I go to catch up I just get this overwhelming feeling of ennui from it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Baron Snow posted:

Palace Meidi is a cute shoujo story in a fictional Meiji era Japan where the female emperor lives in the inner palace, attended by young boys who have the unique ability to act as liaisons between the ladies of the inner palace and gentleman of the outer palace. Our main character is one of those boys who totally falls for the emperor.

+1 for Palace Meidi. It's Good and v.cute and the Emperor is awesome and she's totally in love with the main character :3:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Baron Snow posted:

Ok, here's an "effort" post of a bunch of crap that I've been reading lately, in no particular order.

edit: all links Batoto, except for Usotoki Rhetoric which is on Mangahere.

Kimi ni Todoke updated with two new chapters after almost an entire year of silence. I know the last story line annoyed a bunch of people, but it really feels like it's pushing toward the end game with these two chapters.

Itsuya-san finished up it's second and final volume. It's a seinin story about a boy who really only has his grandmother who's started to fall into dementia. He's taken in by the substitute teacher who can't draw, but she has a strange power to bring her drawings to life. There's not too much there, but it's a well felt drama and not too long.

Madame Petit features a murder on the Orient Express! Our young heroine's new much older husband is found dead on their first night on the famous train, and she takes it upon herself to solve the mystery. Her adventures continue in Paris after the mystery is solved.

Usotoki Rhetoric follows a girl who moves far away because she can always hear when people are lying. Set in the first year of the Showa era (1926), she is taken in by a penniless detective who can put her ability to good use and help protect her from the type of scorn she faced in her old town.

Kuro Hakushaku wa Hoshi o Mederu takes place in 19th century London. Our main character is poor but she can see ghosts. She's taken in by a handsome young count. Turns out it's not ghosts she can see but vampires, which he fights! The most recent chapter goes into why he's so obsessed with her.

Kami-sama Gakuen @ Armeria is probably the dumbest fluffy shoujo thing I've ever read. I can't stop reading it for some reason, and I can't bring myself to describe it, so I'm copy-pasting from Batoto here: "Yanagawa Rokuhana is a student from Armeria - a school where only 30 students are attending. Little did Yanagawa realized that she was actually the chosen one by God to protect the world from the almighty, God of the Death."

Itsuya is great. Love the feel of it and it doesn't overstay its premise.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Captain Invictus posted:

it's really amazing how bad kimi ni todoke got, to the point that I just don't want to finish it. Every time I go to catch up I just get this overwhelming feeling of ennui from it.

Ooh, sounds a bit like Nana- although KnT will probably finish first! (And at all.)

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Pulse, which is by the author of Lily Love, is about the relationship between a player doctor and a heart transplant patient.

Keep in mind it's NSFW

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

jackofarcades posted:

Pulse, which is by the author of Lily Love, is about the relationship between a player doctor and a heart transplant patient.

Sexy ethics board hearing action.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

Sexy ethics board hearing action.

...Does that actually count when it's not your patient?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Baron Snow posted:

:sparkles: What the gently caress did I just read :sparkles:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

:sparkles: What the gently caress did I just read :sparkles:

Yeah. That's a good description.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
All the faces, all of them, in the new Kaguya.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Shirogane's sister is very cute.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Tarezax posted:

Shirogane's sister is very cute.

I dunno, she's got some serious eye-of-sauron going on.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Why was it his sister's loss at the end?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Ytlaya posted:

Why was it his sister's loss at the end?

Because she fell for Kaguya, although probably not in a Yuri kinda way

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Mahou Tsukai no Yome:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Mahou-Tsukai-no-Yome/Ch-033--Any-port-in-a-storm-?id=325720

Holy crap, has it really been that long since the last volume of Real Clothes?

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Real-Clothes/Vol-010-Ch-077?id=325686

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love that the tomo-chan author knows his readers want to see tomo in a bikini so he's dragging the reveal out as long as possible

I'm with carol, I want to see jun's reaction. Hard to not think of her as a girl when she's in a bikini

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I love that the tomo-chan author knows his readers want to see tomo in a bikini so he's dragging the reveal out as long as possible

I'm with carol, I want to see jun's reaction. Hard to not think of her as a girl when she's in a bikini

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
God I remember the first time I saw that I just could not handle it

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Christ, the artifacting. THE ARTIFACTING.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Christ, the artifacting. THE ARTIFACTING.

Yeah they're so blatant I was looking for a Loss edit in them

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Carol has learned well from Misuzu

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

jackofarcades posted:

Because she fell for Kaguya, although probably not in a Yuri kinda way

Screw that, fingers crossed for yuri way.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Last time I buy manga before it's finished. :negative:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
New Yona, can't say I saw that look for Kouren coming.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gmq posted:

Last time I buy manga before it's finished. :negative:

It's not that bad, just spinning its wheels. Just buy and read, and if/when you stop enjoying it, stop.
There's a ton of great content before it starts dragging.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't know, I don't really like having a series (manga or otherwise) permanently incomplete if I'm buying it. Maybe Genshiken, though I maintain that's different because that definitively finished before coming back years later. I think I got to the teens for KnT before realizing yeah I just wasn't invested enough to continue paying for it and wound up donating the whole thing (plus some other manga series I knew I was not going to finish or reread) to my local library a year or two back.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

It rules

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

She's good.

Also lol at Yona repeatedly just running into enemy monarchs while out on a walk.

Ali Alkali
Apr 23, 2008
Someone is translating Irie Aki's short stories again, it is great.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gunjou-Gakusha/Vol-003-Ch-020--Red-Roofed-House?id=325823

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

lol

(New Tamen de Gushi chapter today.)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Aw. Fujiyama-san is finished. Really cute, relaxing series though.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fujiyama-san-wa-Shishunki/Ch-066?id=325935

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Meanwhile, Tomo-chan's not-boyfriend later crushed that inner tube.

(Misuzu and Carol are gonna get murdered sooner or later :laugh:)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

They have the best teacher. :allears:

I'm sad Fujiyama's ended but it was super adorable and I'm glad it got a good end. I hope it gets released in English some day so I can buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

http://bato.to/reader#923633a73b3f28cb_1