Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
It brings me great pleasure to post the latest chapter of Baki-Dou: (Chapter 131, Korean scans)

Doesn't matter if you can read Korean or not, this one is worth checking out! Well, as long as you don't mind reading ahead of the current translation, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

drat what a letdown. All that hype around this meme-man and for nothing.

Please bring Oliva back come on Itakagi

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is the bald dude on the flashback a Tokugawa? He really resembles the present one.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
From the last line of the last page, he's not done yet. Some sort of suicide bomb vest maybe? He can't mean to actually fight anymore.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Is the bald dude on the flashback a Tokugawa? He really resembles the present one.

No

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 25, 2016

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

frajaq posted:

drat what a letdown. All that hype around this meme-man and for nothing.
Please bring Oliva back come on Itakagi

I'm just glad that Motobe got what was coming to him. He trolled us all by breaking up the Musashi vs. Yujiro superfight, so I have no sympathy for the meme-man. He also had plenty of time to prepare a battle plan against Musashi, and the best he could do was tossing some smoke bombs while wielding some eBay ninja weapons.

Also, I agree about Oliva, he's great. We haven't really seen him at all in Baki Dou.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tough ended. Good manga, really recommend it for Baki fans.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its good and i hope tehy finish off the original now they're done

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Tough was just barely clinging to reality by its toes towards the end, but unlike a lot of series that suffered from power creep, it was still fun to read.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Tough kind of peaked midway through the big tournament, all the yugen guy stuff sucks. In my opinion. I like the original series where they fight inoki for 800 chapters, and indeed any series where inoki is a weird pro wrestling gang boss (there are a lot).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Tough kind of peaked midway through the big tournament, all the yugen guy stuff sucks. In my opinion. I like the original series where they fight inoki for 800 chapters, and indeed any series where inoki is a weird pro wrestling gang boss (there are a lot).

Yeah the last arc was a real disappointment since the tournament arcs were completely loving bonkers. Also I agree, Garouden is cool as gently caress.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Saruwatari should continue the Oton series though, I loving love buff salaryman dad.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he should make another insanely violent sci-fi series next

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Saruwatari should continue the Oton series though, I loving love buff salaryman dad.

loving this!!!

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Spinyback posted Baki Dou Chapter 107 a few days ago, enjoy!

Could "Palace of Muscle" be a double entendre? Musashi wants to go raw, and use the real thing.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 28, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Baki Dou Chapter 132, Korean Scan

Asspull or meme magic? You decide.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

frajaq posted:

Baki Dou Chapter 132, Korean Scan

Asspull or meme magic? You decide.

Thanks for posting this! According to a very reputable source who translates Baki, the last page signals the end of the match, so we can assume that Motobe was victorious. His injuries appear to be very serious, however.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Uppity
Musashi
Know Your Place.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

K. Flaps posted:

Uppity
Musashi
Know Your Place.

:boom:

Hahahaha, well said.

Don't get into arguments with people in the Bay Area thread, or else you get a shiny new custom title.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I have to say that was pretty bad rear end.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

JDRockefeller posted:

I have to say that was pretty bad rear end.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

K. Flaps posted:

Uppity
Musashi
Know Your Place.

I hope you don't mind but I used your joke as inspiration for a new custom title, because it genuinely made me laugh.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Congrats on owning somebody so hard they bought you two red text avatars.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

K. Flaps posted:

Congrats on owning somebody so hard they bought you two red text avatars.

Haha, thanks, I guess? It's a long story and not worth diving into.

On the bright side, Grappler Baki Chapter 186 is out!

Jedah fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 4, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kengan Ashua is freaking win... I wonder if I should make a thread for it or a martial art manga megathread on top of this one

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Kengan Ashua is freaking win... I wonder if I should make a thread for it or a martial art manga megathread on top of this one

Both are good ideas. I'd love to spam images from Garouden into a martial arts manga megathread.

Also, here's a link for anybody who wants to read an english translation of Baki Dou Chapter 132. The translator is from Spinyback.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

In the Baki-verse, equipping a gun immediately makes you stupid:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 133 (Korean scans) is out!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
"I managed to threaten your victory, but never your life."

Interesting way to put it, Motobe.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

"I managed to threaten your victory, but never your life."

Interesting way to put it, Motobe.

Thanks for the translation.

What do you think about Musashi removing his katana from Motobe? Was that Musashi's way of showing mercy and defeat?

Motobe's wound doesn't look good, but Baki-verse characters have suffered much worse and survived, so who knows.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Jedah posted:

Thanks for the translation.

What do you think about Musashi removing his katana from Motobe? Was that Musashi's way of showing mercy and defeat?

Motobe's wound doesn't look good, but Baki-verse characters have suffered much worse and survived, so who knows.

Motobe basically asked him if he wanted to keep going in turning it from a spar to an actual battle for life and death, because he's all down about not being able to actually push Musashi that far by his own strength. Musashi takes the sword and leaves, but says "Thanks, but you were still the victor."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing i like about manga like Baki is how they seem to interpret human bodies as just being a mass of flesh that can be moved with a person's willpower alone. Like, in real life having a sword stab through your arm or hand would sever a bunch of nerves and muscles that would physically make it impossible to move normally afterwards. This particularly bugs me* in scenes where a guy will let his opponent stab him in the hand with a large blade and then he'll push the blade all the way through and the grab the guy's hand. Like, if you actually had a big blade through your hand like that all the "machinery" of your hand would be hosed up to the point where you wouldn't be capable of moving your fingers normally, much less tightly grabbing something.

* This doesn't actually bother me, I just think it's pretty funny.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That kind of thinking was that made Katsumi lose his arm

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

Musashi takes the sword and leaves, but says "Thanks, but you were still the victor."

Thanks again for the translations, mostly I'm just happy their match is over. And despite being cleaved by a katana, I'm guessing Motobe will be okay? Characters tend to rebound from horrible injuries pretty quickly in the Baki-verse, like when Doppo was killed by Yujiro and essentially brought back to life right after their match.

That kind of thinking was that made Katsumi lose his arm
Katsumi needs to get some metallic arms installed, sort of like Jax from Mortal Kombat. Then he could break the sound barrier consistently with his punches, and he might be relevant again. Plus, he wouldn't have to worry about his flesh flying everywhere. It just makes sense.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Didn't Katsumi start training his legs to go supersonic after he lost his arm, or am I imagining things.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Jedah posted:

Thanks again for the translations, mostly I'm just happy their match is over. And despite being cleaved by a katana, I'm guessing Motobe will be okay? Characters tend to rebound from horrible injuries pretty quickly in the Baki-verse, like when Doppo was killed by Yujiro and essentially brought back to life right after their match.

Motobe will probably be fine-with-enormous-scar in the time honored Jack Hammer/Orochi Doppo style

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

K. Flaps posted:

Didn't Katsumi start training his legs to go supersonic after he lost his arm, or am I imagining things.
Sounds right, I'm almost certain Katsumi can throw supersonic punches and kicks, but breaking the sound barrier resulted in ripping his flesh apart. I remember Katsumi was involved with Shaori (Feather) training with Retsu Kaioh, just before the Musashi match. If Katsumi has been training under Kaku Kaioh, maybe we'll see a new and improved version of him at some point.

However, Doppo will always be cooler than his son.

AnonSpore posted:

Motobe will probably be fine-with-enormous-scar in the time honored Jack Hammer/Orochi Doppo style
Yeah I agree, it's just not right that Motobe is gonna get an enormous cool katana scar after all this. You know he'll walk around with eternal smugness.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 8, 2016

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

I found Hillary Clinton's final email:

Jedah fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 9, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh my god I can't wait for Yujiro to meet the Don

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps