Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EthanSteele posted:

YUP. Amiami went from waiting to closed while hobbysearch at least let me get as far as seeing the reserve button before telling me they'd sold out when I clicked it.

use figinstock to watch amiami, I have never missed an item i wanted even macross chogokins.

People's orders will fail to go through and more will come in stock as they stop being held

Once you can get it in your cart during a non rush time its no problem to complete the order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Ooooo nice

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have even gotten long sold out items as much as 6 months later after people fail to pay for their orders

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Oh, hey, didn't see that coming - Sandoval's bodyguards are getting a P-Bandai release. I wonder if this means P-Bandai variants will have a bigger presence than they did in the IBO Season 1 line?

Also, wonder when we're getting more 1/100 announcements? So far, we've only had the Lupus and Vidar, which doesn't seem like much.

A Bad Place
May 25, 2008
I just started getting back into this hobby after a long time away - I hadn't even thought about gunpla since middle school, until a prophetic dream reminded me how rad plastic robots are. So I shopped around a bit and decided to start by picking up some of Kotobukiya's Frame Arms stuff. I really dig the designs, and being able to swap parts from different kits sounded cool. I got so excited, I even tried my hand at giving one a custom paintjob, something I've never done before. Here's what I accomplished:

It turns out that painting is really hard; I was having a hellish time with it, painting and stripping and repainting and breaking parts, until I finally sat down and watched some video tutorials. I finally found my bearings, but not before leaving parts of him looking kind of melty. There's definitely more I could do, but I'm honestly pretty pleased with its current form and I'm kind of afraid of damaging the poor guy any more. He's been through a lot.

The second dude I'm really happy with, since it's been sort of customized with parts from other kits and some bonus accessories I found online. Obviously he needs a few coats of paint too - I'm planning to give it Metroid colors, for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I'm addicted now and I'm having a Good Time with Gunpla. I'm not sure where my next stop should be; I like the Frame Arms, but they're kind of expensive/hard to find, and deep down I think what I really want is just a classic dang Zaku. What's the coolest Zaku I can get?

A Bad Place fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 31, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

At least the Woundwort's existence is being acknowledged.

A Bad Place posted:

What's the coolest Zaku I can get?

Do you like giant axes?

(It's Ortega's Zaku II from Gundam The Origin)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

At least the Woundwort's existence is being acknowledged.

Okay, yeah, you know you can't just post this without me screaming questions into the void of where I can get this, right?

Because I love it so much. :neckbeard:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Okay, yeah, you know you can't just post this without me screaming questions into the void of where I can get this, right?

Because I love it so much. :neckbeard:

It's from a new line of itty bitty Gundams called FW SD Gundam Neo that's coming out in February.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

A Bad Place posted:

I just started getting back into this hobby after a long time away - I hadn't even thought about gunpla since middle school, until a prophetic dream reminded me how rad plastic robots are. So I shopped around a bit and decided to start by picking up some of Kotobukiya's Frame Arms stuff. I really dig the designs, and being able to swap parts from different kits sounded cool. I got so excited, I even tried my hand at giving one a custom paintjob, something I've never before. Here's what I accomplished:

It turns out that painting is really hard; I was having a hellish time with it, painting and stripping and repainting and breaking parts, until I finally sat down and watched some video tutorials. I finally found my bearings, but not before leaving parts of him looking kind of melty. There's definitely more I could do, but I'm honestly pretty pleased with its current form and I'm kind of afraid of damaging the poor guy any more. He's been through a lot.

The second dude I'm really happy with, since it's been sort of customized with parts from other kits and some bonus accessories I found online. Obviously he needs a few coats of paint too - I'm planning to give it Metroid colors, for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I'm addicted now and I'm having a Good Time with Gunpla. I'm not sure where my next stop should be; I like the Frame Arms, but they're kind of expensive/hard to find, and deep down I think what I really want is just a classic dang Zaku. What's the coolest Zaku I can get?

You rang? :v:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the best zaku is no zaku
https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Build-Fighters-Model/dp/B00JK5LO38
Gouf r35

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 31, 2016

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
or you could go with the UC revive one

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Revive-Mobile-Building/dp/B01BD3NIJ2/

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh, hey, didn't see that coming - Sandoval's bodyguards are getting a P-Bandai release. I wonder if this means P-Bandai variants will have a bigger presence than they did in the IBO Season 1 line?

I guess we'll see if they do Earth colors for the Man Rodis. Which they almost undoubtedly will, they did kits for every single IBO S1 MS except the Spinner Rodi and the Rouei, IIRC.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I guess we'll see if they do Earth colors for the Man Rodis. Which they almost undoubtedly will, they did kits for every single IBO S1 MS except the Spinner Rodi and the Rouei, IIRC.

That'll be a slightly taller order than it sounds, given that the Land Rodi has remodelled feet for ground combat, but the Shiden Ryusei-Go does show that they're willing to give the occasional P-Bandai kit unique parts rather than just recolours.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

That'll be a slightly taller order than it sounds, given that the Land Rodi has remodelled feet for ground combat, but the Shiden Ryusei-Go does show that they're willing to give the occasional P-Bandai kit unique parts rather than just recolours.

It's just one extra sprue, and once they do that then they just need new head pieces to do this thing

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hello cherno alpha

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Just recently got something new to build for the first time in a few months and decided on the Gundam Astaroth Origin.

Only extra things done were panel lining and touch ups on where I sanded.

Also as a suggestion to anyone just doing more simple work with their builds, Gundam Markers while not good for general painting are really great for covering blemishes in the plastic. All you need to do is get a similar enough colour, dab on a little bit and then wipe off with a tissue, and it should look fine.

Now that I have gotten a little back into building plastic robots I am reminded of my current goal:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-4056

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Black Mage Knight posted:

Now that I have gotten a little back into building plastic robots I am reminded of my current goal:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-4056

Amdusias or nothing :colbert:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Gouf is one of my favorite suits of all time. Just deciding which one to buy.

Though I am so mad that the origin prototype goufs were p bandai exclusives. I really, really need the blue one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
You're mistaken, the Prototype Gouf [Tactical Demonstrator] is general release. Mobility Demonstrator was P-Bandai, but the only difference was proper hands and a rifle so it's not exactly very distinct.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Get the gouf revive. It comes with some parts from the r35 gouf as well so you can do some customization. I prefer the r35 gouf's head, for example, over the revive's droopy elephant trunk.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
All this talk about Goufs and Zakus make me want to ask which is the best MG for each? Haven't built either yet.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mad Lupine posted:

All this talk about Goufs and Zakus make me want to ask which is the best MG for each? Haven't built either yet.

2.0 for both. There are a bunch of different 2.0 Zaku IIs, but the only difference is color and/or small details, so just go with the one you like best.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Born too soon for actual Gundams
Born too late to experience evolving through betterin Gunpla engineering
Born just in time for 1/100 bootleg Metal Build Kshatriya :fap:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mad Lupine posted:

2.0 zaku is great.

The best Mg gouf is the gouf custom since the gouf custom is way better than the regular old gouf :colbert:

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 2, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Get all Gouf releases; create proper Gouf Troop.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

2.0 zaku is great.

The best Mg gouf is the gouf custom since the gouf custom is way better than the regular old gouf :colbert:

You know better than to recommend bad model kits. :colbert:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

MJP posted:

OooOoOoooo yes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Another place has MB F91 pre-orders open:
https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/pre-order-gundam-f91-mobile-suit-gundam-f91-bandai-metal-build

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

BlitzBlast posted:

You're mistaken, the Prototype Gouf [Tactical Demonstrator] is general release. Mobility Demonstrator was P-Bandai, but the only difference was proper hands and a rifle so it's not exactly very distinct.

http://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-yms-07a-0-prototype-gouf-mobile-demonstration-unit-blue-color-gundam-the-origin-ver.html is the one I was looking at - the color scheme is different from http://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-yms-07b-0-prototype-gouf-gundam-the-origin-ver.html but I guess a lot of the other bits I was noticing were just generally better photos.

I mean, I guess it would be a good reason to go in on painting.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

MJP posted:

They did it, the loving madmen.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

MJP posted:

Oh gently caress. No. No. My wallet has a family!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Isn't bandai coming out with a re/100 Kshatriya later on.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's on The List.

Also on The List is a Xi, Jegan, Reborns, and Leo. So who knows.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's on The List.

Also on The List is a Xi, Jegan, Reborns, and Leo. So who knows.

The same list as RG Gouf, RG Ground Type Gundam and RG Ground Type GM

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zebulon posted:

Oh gently caress. No. No. My wallet has a family!

You think you have it bad? Try being a chogokin fan right now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MJP posted:

The wooden blocks say good things about the jalapeno wings' stability.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The same list as RG Gouf, RG Ground Type Gundam and RG Ground Type GM

Same list as literally anything from G Gundam.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

You think you have it bad? Try being a chogokin fan right now.

I did get a pre-order in on the Draken III from Macross Delta, at least. Still haven't seen the show, don't really want to see the show, but it's kind of hard to resist a transforming Draken. That and seeing the last few Metal Builds sell out seemingly in literal seconds.

Funky Valentine posted:

The wooden blocks say good things about the jalapeno wings' stability.

It's a prototype, so there's 50/50 chances it either just doesn't have joints properly done yet in the right materials to handle the weight or them just not wanting to risk it. Same way everything at Bandai shows tends to be propped up as much as possible to avoid them toppling over, complete with extra stands to support things that should be fine on their own. I can't imagine they'd advertise and release a Kshatriya that can't actually support its own binders, let alone a Metal Build quality one.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 2, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Funky Valentine posted:

Same list as literally anything from G Gundam.

No, at events they had signs showing potential new RE/100 and RG releases featuring the Kyshatriya, the gouf, etc.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zebulon posted:

I did get a pre-order in on the Draken III from Macross Delta, at least. Still haven't seen the show, don't really want to see the show, but it's kind of hard to resist a transforming Draken. That and seeing the last few Metal Builds sell out seemingly in literal seconds.

I managed to get in a pre-order for SOC Megazord in the five minutes they were available at HLJ. That's bad enough, but now they're coming out with a new sub-line in SOC with a brand new Great Mazinger, and Mazin Emperor G in the SRC line, which is basically Great Mazinger given a Mazinkaiser-tier upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

I managed to get in a pre-order for SOC Megazord in the five minutes they were available at HLJ. That's bad enough, but now they're coming out with a new sub-line in SOC with a brand new Great Mazinger, and Mazin Emperor G in the SRC line, which is basically Great Mazinger given a Mazinkaiser-tier upgrade.

I don't envy people trying to get their hands on SoCs. They were already on the pricey side to start and they've only become more niche and extravagant as time went on. In general most of Bandai's premium stuff just goes away within minutes of going up for pre-order and it almost makes me long for more of it to be web-exclusive. At least then you have time to get your orders in.