Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

notoriousman posted:

Are there actually any people that like this project, or is everything astroturfed??

I for one loving LOVE this project. It's the best thing and it is completely free.

vvv that sounds perfectly reasonable, I wouldn't want to profit from my work vvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

trucutru posted:

I can do it with one of my AAA accounts... but it will cost ya.

I'm talking serious spaceship money here.

I'll pay someone to direct you to do it, but you have to do it for free.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Good enough. :)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

TheAgent posted:

guess they weren't happy with paying $200k a year to have less than 100 viewers a week

your pledge dollars at work folks

was he really getting 200k?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

XK posted:

Apparently the Redditors don't know about Wolf being the CEO of a marketing company, or about the meetings he's had with CIG, or all the tweeting he does about marketing presentations.

One of you guys who drops things onto Reddit should get around to posting some of that stuff, preferably somewhere around here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5csytn/inn_lets_clear_some_things_up/d9z7bm0/?st=ivhfbcbd&sh=3817e607
Already ahead of you.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Kakarot posted:

was he really getting 200k?

Yea some substantial evidence would be nice to support that claim. Funny none the less.

Also I see reddit is getting blasted with shitposts. I say we all continue this trend.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I'm trying to imagine giving 200k to a guy and getting INN in return. I wouldn't even be happy with that if the money came from retarded video game players.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if the expansion that the INN guys wanted was to cover games that actually exist, and Larsen/DiMare couldn't let that happen because he was being paid to make INN an SC-exclusive shill outlet.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Well I guess the $50 million loan explains why the funding tracker never fell below Sandi's magic 42k number

It is a courageous goon that trys to claim a share of the credit from the Warlord. May the valkyries carry you to Valhalla, brave goon :patriot:

You know the old saying "Goons go boldly where angels fear to tread"...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Here's something to go with:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakedimare

quote:

Full-Stack Marketer

Greater Los Angeles Area

As Director of Marketing for Digital Clarity Group (DCG), I contribute to the development of the firm’s marketing and sales strategies, direct day-to-day marketing operations, and serve as brand steward.

My background includes 15 years of success helping organizations leverage marketing technology solutions to achieve strategic goals and objectives. Recent work has focused on the strategy around customer experience, experience marketing, and the application of digital technologies to business transformation.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've just skipped 50k posts.

INN are still putting out quality content, right? I'm worried.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

AP posted:

Guys this is important, who do I turn to now for official CIG propaganda?

CIG need to make it clear either by backing INN 1.0 or going with INN 2.0

I know, I'm scared too, but lets just keep calm. I'm sure CIG, as the mostest openest company since it was a little girl, will let us know the scoop soon.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

TTerrible posted:

the content continues to be as good as it always was

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

starkebn posted:

i don't know, my enjoyment has skyrocketed

i am in big favour of the latest meta plot twists

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

starkebn posted:

Thanks for the reassuring words friend

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Cheers dude, I forgot his last name but knew his real name was Jake.

EDIT: Lol that thread is going wild.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
So the INN idiots got pissed off that they were shilling SC for Wolf Larsen for free, and their bold solution is to shill SC for themselves for free.

Is that about right?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

So the INN idiots got pissed off that they were shilling SC for Wolf Larsen for free, and their bold solution is to shill SC for themselves for free.

Is that about right?
They also took the Patreon account and Jake/Wolf seems upset so it probably had some decentish cash in it.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Eh viola!

fer pay.

:gary:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Paid? Why would this guy be anything but an enthusiastic organic supporter?

https://twitter.com/jakedimare/status/784492194744770561

https://twitter.com/jakedimare/status/776560904695459840

https://twitter.com/jakedimare/status/770747715827273729

Forewarning about the potential for deletion.

Someone else will have to find the pics of him hanging out at the CIG offices and tweeting about his meetings.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

spaceships

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

XK posted:

Someone else will have to find the pics of him hanging out at the CIG offices and tweeting about his meetings.
Yeah was gonna ask if anyone had those still.

EDIT: someone else will have to drop that poo poo, banned for three days for "posting personal information" lol.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 14, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Welcome back, but trying to get the message we are supposed to take away from this. Are you saying the Jewish people like corn, or ARE corn?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Is it really a coup d'etat if they up and leave?

Shouldn't this really be called "Corporate Espionage"?

Beer, your thoughts?

Whatever it is, it's loving hilarious.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

CrazyTolradi posted:

Yeah was gonna ask if anyone had those still.

EDIT: someone else will have to drop that poo poo, banned for three days for "posting personal information" lol.

I knew they were going to pull the doxxing card on that stuff.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

XK posted:

I knew they were going to pull the doxxing card on that stuff.
Me too, "OH A LINKEDIN, ITS DOXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!"

It's not like Jake doesn't have photos of him and the INN shills hanging out, or that Wolf Larson looks exactly like Jake DiMare.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sunswipe posted:

I really like how we've spent months trying to decide if INN was a paid for piece of shillery or if they were just obsessed fans doing it for free, and it turns out to be both. CIG have been paying for this poo poo, and the people doing the shilling didn't see a penny of it. That is loving glorious.

It's amazing. :d:

notoriousman posted:

Are there actually any people that like this project, or is everything astroturfed??
What does your heart tell you?

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 14, 2016

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Marching Powder posted:

I'm trying to imagine giving 200k 130 million to a guy Chris and not getting INN BDSSE in return. I wouldn't even be happy with that if the money came from retarded video game players.

Well, there is 6318 pages to help you imagine if you want :mrgw:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
This dude Typhooni is looking for a literal paystub proving CIG is skimming money to WolfLarsen to turn out pockets from backers. I don't know how much more obvious it can be the fact pictures and professional background will tell you: I AM GETTING PAID FOR THIS.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

nawledgelambo posted:

This dude Typhooni is looking for a literal paystub proving CIG is skimming money to WolfLarsen to turn out pockets from backers. I don't know how much more obvious it can be the fact pictures and professional background will tell you: I AM GETTING PAID FOR THIS.
See, a paystub would be actual doxxing. So he's actually asking for goons to doxx people now, I wish these guys would just make up their loving mind already.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

skaboomizzy posted:

Is that about right?

The amount of butt hurt may depend on the amount of transparency that Jake had with them.

I seem to recall he avoided being Jake when first called out, until there was like, photographic evidence of him having meetings with CIG guys.

Why would he be honest with his dumb Reddit staff? All starry eyed and ignorant. I'm sure he took them on a great ride.

The guy isn't Ortwin levels of hideous, but he's a sharp cookie. I think it's funny he got these guys to work for free and pocketed scads of backer money CIG was doling out.

Feel like cattle, Star Citizens. That's all CIG thinks of you. Cattle who's udders are full of cash, and brains full of ignorance. :negative:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Oh, ok https://twitter.com/WolfLarsenSC is where the good stuff is.

He even retweeted Ben's Wing Commander cartoon box stuff. Sad!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

This just got loving good.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TTerrible posted:

No need to fear our Goon brother, the quality of the content is as good as ever :nexus:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

The Titanic posted:

The amount of butt hurt may depend on the amount of transparency that Jake had with them.

I seem to recall he avoided being Jake when first called out, until there was like, photographic evidence of him having meetings with CIG guys.

Why would he be honest with his dumb Reddit staff? All starry eyed and ignorant. I'm sure he took them on a great ride.

The guy isn't Ortwin levels of hideous, but he's a sharp cookie. I think it's funny he got these guys to work for free and pocketed scads of backer money CIG was doling out.

Feel like cattle, Star Citizens. That's all CIG thinks of you. Cattle who's udders are full of cash, and brains full of ignorance. :negative:

I wonder if the rest of the INN guys didn't know he's a professional marketer. That could be pretty entertaining.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Imperial News Network News Network

4+ combined minds failed to come up with interstellar/Intergalactic News Network lol

XK
Jul 9, 2001

nawledgelambo posted:

This just got loving good.

Like I said before, welcome to the party, pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

XK posted:

I wonder if the rest of the INN guys didn't know he's a professional marketer. That could be pretty entertaining.
Kind of funny considering we've known half a year. I wonder if that's when they started poking around and making plans to jump ship.

• Locked thread