Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Powaqoatse posted:

Ugh is this yet another origin story?

Supposedly the post-credits scene has a fat Italian plumber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
Monkeys aren't donkeys!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Neowyrm posted:

Monkeys aren't donkeys!

Don't get your undies in a twist, grandpa. Let a Kong help you relax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc

And now, posters:

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 19, 2016

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I've been a fan of Moebius and Geoff Darrow since forever, so I'm digging the hell out of this poster. Makes me wish Seth Fisher was still alive, I miss that guy's art.

Poster's part of an art showing coming up at Hero Complex.

https://hcgart.com/

https://www.facebook.com/HeroComplexGallery/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, that Monster Trucks poster is loving terrible. It almost makes it look like it is an animated movie. Also we'll have to see if it actually makes that release date as it was supposed to come out like two years ago.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ruddiger posted:

I've been a fan of Moebius and Geoff Darrow since forever, so I'm digging the hell out of this poster. Makes me wish Seth Fisher was still alive, I miss that guy's art.

Poster's part of an art showing coming up at Hero Complex.

https://hcgart.com/

https://www.facebook.com/HeroComplexGallery/

That's a really cool illustration and yeah, it totally evokes Moebius+Darrow.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ruddiger posted:

Hey, I recognize those things. That's a drawing of things I remember from movies and TV I like. Like the dog Hachi from the Richard Gere movie Hachi.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hey, I recognize those things. That's a drawing of things I remember from movies and TV I like. Like the dog Hachi from the Richard Gere movie Hachi.

You might say Xena & Birdperson or whoever up in the corner by the Predator are a bit much, but tbh they're fine. Why not?

If you're gonna go hyper-detailed, every detail kinda has to count. & Hyper-detailed can look good & that one up there does, so there :colbert:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Powaqoatse posted:

You might say Xena & Birdperson or whoever up in the corner by the Predator are a bit much, but tbh they're fine. Why not?

It's Nausicaa and San from Princess Mononoke, but it does question why certain people are there when it could be a simple future "cops vs. robbers/rebels" piece. I mean, why's Ripley in her Power Loader fighting Batou, Kusanagi, a Tachikoma and Adam Jensen? Why isn't it Wikus from District 9 in his suit or Max from Elysium, which would be more appropriate? I mean, Chappie's there. And since I brought up Adam Jensen, why is he and the Ghost from Starcraft here when it's mostly movie characters? Or Eleven from "Stranger Things"?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Young Freud posted:

It's Nausicaa and San from Princess Mononoke, but it does question why certain people are there when it could be a simple future "cops vs. robbers/rebels" piece. I mean, why's Ripley in her Power Loader fighting Batou, Kusanagi, a Tachikoma and Adam Jensen? Why isn't it Wikus from District 9 in his suit or Max from Elysium, which would be more appropriate? I mean, Chappie's there. And since I brought up Adam Jensen, why is he and the Ghost from Starcraft here when it's mostly movie characters? Or Eleven from "Stranger Things"?

You're overthinking it. It's stuff from things you like. So it's good.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I dont think Nausicaa is in Princess Monocle though

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Powaqoatse posted:

I dont think Nausicaa is in Princess Monocle though

That'd be one hell of a crossover. I'd love to see a Nausicaa movie which included the bat poo poo insane stuff from the later half of the Manga.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I hope this is recreated in the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DzsFMsIZPM

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Renoistic posted:

That'd be one hell of a crossover. I'd love to see a Nausicaa movie which included the bat poo poo insane stuff from the later half of the Manga.

Nausicaa the manga is much like reading Monkey Punch's Lupin the Third after watching. Castle of Caglistro, a wholly jarring experience. Someone showed me some panels of .air battles, and they're extremely visceral.and personal. One of them had Nausicaa running the gunship through a midair explosion of a transport, hitting and dismembering falling and flaming troopers.

And that doesn't have the fact it's a different author, where Monkey Punch is a perverted lech compared to rather wholesome Miyazaki, but unvarnished Miyazaki at his most raw.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Young Freud posted:

*whsipers* hey. thats chappie.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

$125 million dollar budget for this. I am sorry what?
Nickelodeon must have money to burn..they spent $150 million on a "proven" property, Airbender, and after that flop, spent $125 on..this..

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
maybe they're hoping for the toys to sell really well. Kids love cars already, they'll flip over Creech!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That loving thing still isn't out yet?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is that a character poster or is that the ad for the movie overall?

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Gonz posted:

New Russian Rogue One poster in english:

The negative space in the helmet's reflection looks like two fetuses high-fiveing

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

KinkyJohn posted:

The negative space in the helmet's reflection looks like two fetuses high-fiveing

Well. Now I'll never unsee THAT.

Thanks Obama!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

KinkyJohn posted:

I see two fetuses checking their phones.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Lobok posted:

I see two fetuses checking their phones.

Even fetuses just check their phones instead of kicking their mom or whatever they're supposed to do in there, on the next season of Black Mirror.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Holy poo poo that Monster Trucks poster.

:stare:

I haven't seen an idea this misguided since Mars Needs Moms.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

kiimo posted:

Holy poo poo that Monster Trucks poster.

:stare:

I haven't seen an idea this misguided since Mars Needs Moms.

Well, it has to match the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULJbnY-2aqk

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why didn't they just make the truck a monster? Like, a alien ghost went into the truck and transformed it into a monstrous truck. Or an alien came to earth and got confused and thought that trucks were the dominant species, so it disguised itself as a truck. Either way, one single entity, a Monster Truck. That seems much simpler and more appealing that what they went with, a regular truck infested with a tentacle monster.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Or an alien came to earth and got confused and thought that trucks were the dominant species, so it disguised itself as a truck.

Michael Bay made five of these.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope Jane Levy got paid so much money. So much.

Also I can't tell if they are ripping off a Sarlacc or a tentacle rape monster more but either way its burps are hilarious.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I'm amazed the main actor is genuinely as douchey in the trailer as that poster makes him look.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Oh also, Monster Trucks started filming in April 2014 with a release date set for May 2015.

Then they just kept pushing it up, first to December 2015 then March 2016 and now finally January 2017. Probably tells you something about the quality of the movie.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Waffleman_ posted:

Michael Bay made five of these.
lol

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MrBling posted:

Oh also, Monster Trucks started filming in April 2014 with a release date set for May 2015.

Then they just kept pushing it up, first to December 2015 then March 2016 and now finally January 2017. Probably tells you something about the quality of the movie.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Paramount has written off the film, and are writing off $115 million over the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MrBling posted:

Supposedly at one point they had to completely redo the monster VFX because kids freaked out during a test screening.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: "Anyone for Thai?" Edition

And some other stuff

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
E: Wrong thread

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Shakmaaaaaaaa!!!!

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Supposedly at one point they had to completely redo the monster VFX because kids freaked out during a test screening.

Kinda curious what they looked like now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
https://twitter.com/hugh_echolands/status/800794641377292288

Another Wolfcop poster.