Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Guigui posted:

Have to say, this challenge has me wracking my Do I rush to farming 9 to get the seed makers - or should I I I complete emily's bundle for one?

How would you plan on getting the sunflower and cabbage for the bundle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Sono posted:

How would you plan on getting the sunflower and cabbage for the bundle?

Travelling Gypsy? The cart sells everything after all, albeit randomly. I think Krobus sells a crop on a certain day as well, although it's completely random.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Eeepies posted:

Travelling Gypsy? The cart sells everything after all, albeit randomly. I think Krobus sells a crop on a certain day as well, although it's completely random.

That's a hell of a gamble if he wants to get everything done in 4 years. Grinding to farming level 9 seems a lot safer.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Does the current Beta allow you to put buildings on grass on the alternative farms? Did I miss that?

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I was goofing around in the mines and I definitely saw a little spotted egg go flying into a wall and disappear. :mad: Is there a mod that just makes dinos buyable, or a working cheat mod to let me spawn another egg in? A friend suggested "CJB Item Spawner" but that one just crashes for me when I try to open the menu.

EDIT: Found a patch in the comments on Nexus, if anyone else needs it. :) http://stardewvalleymods.net/smapi-cjb-item-spawner-mod/

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 20, 2016

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

mushroom_spore posted:

I was goofing around in the mines and I definitely saw a little spotted egg go flying into a wall and disappear. :mad: Is there a mod that just makes dinos buyable, or a working cheat mod to let me spawn another egg in? A friend suggested "CJB Item Spawner" but that one just crashes for me when I try to open the menu.

EDIT: Found a patch in the comments on Nexus, if anyone else needs it. :) http://stardewvalleymods.net/smapi-cjb-item-spawner-mod/

Shoulda brought some Miner's Treat, really helps with things going through walls.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Thor-Stryker posted:

Shoulda brought some Miner's Treat, really helps with things going through walls.

I would, but I'm actually not progressed enough to get all tricked out, which is part of what made the glitch so infuriating. Get an egg stupid early, the wall eats it. :v:

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Any reason not to skip right to the Galaxy Sword if I've got the shard for it already?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Viperix posted:

Any reason not to skip right to the Galaxy Sword if I've got the shard for it already?

Go for it.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

armoredgorilla posted:

Does the current Beta allow you to put buildings on grass on the alternative farms? Did I miss that?

Pretty sure this was in the last patch.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I befriended you all month for this loving recipe and YOU FORGET TO ATTACH IT YOU OLD gently caress

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Poque posted:

I befriended you all month for this loving recipe and YOU FORGET TO ATTACH IT YOU OLD gently caress

It took so long to befriend him that dementia's set in. Meanwhile Penthouse gets to publish a recipe for Spicy Eel.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I didn't see it posted in the OP and while I know that the game "ends" after 2 years, do potential partners pair up with other townsfolk in that time? Like do you have a window of time before you lose the chance? I'd be prone to maximizing every relationship before settling.

Also, is it easy to drop it and come back after several months? Animal Crossing is obviously the worst about this due to its 24 hour clock, but I remember that I dropped HM: Back to Nature and found it very hard of getting back into my routine of animal husbandry, paying the gnomes flour, etc. and just generally gave it up on it because of this (things would've fallen apart fast were it not for that pattern is my point).

Like I'm sure there's routine in the game but is it simple enough where you can get back into gear without losing too much time or money?

Also any necessary mods is the vanilla just fine?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nobody ever hooks up with anyone else, and I'd say Stardew Valley is incredibly easy to pick back up after a long hiatus.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I didn't see it posted in the OP and while I know that the game "ends" after 2 years, do potential partners pair up with other townsfolk in that time? Like do you have a window of time before you lose the chance? I'd be prone to maximizing every relationship before settling.

Also, is it easy to drop it and come back after several months? Animal Crossing is obviously the worst about this due to its 24 hour clock, but I remember that I dropped HM: Back to Nature and found it very hard of getting back into my routine of animal husbandry, paying the gnomes flour, etc. and just generally gave it up on it because of this (things would've fallen apart fast were it not for that pattern is my point).

Like I'm sure there's routine in the game but is it simple enough where you can get back into gear without losing too much time or money?

Also any necessary mods is the vanilla just fine?

Nobody pairs up after two years :smith:. You are the only person to develop a meaningful relationship, and there's no time limit on that. So no worries about that.

Also time freezes when you're not there so no worries about leaving the game for a month or two. The game's very lenient with time in its own way. There's only one thing that you miss out on is if you don't do it in time which is a 3 Heart event with Sam in the first year.

Vanilla's just fine. But a lot of people suggest the Harvest With Scythe mod, the Lowered Fence Decay mod, the Sell Price mod, and the NPC Location mod. There's a few long posts about it a few (or more) pages back. Other mod suggestions are stuff like NPC Gift mod which reminds you what villager like a what gifts and Enemy Health Bars. If time passes too quickly for you there's also a mod that lengthens (or shortens) each day or another mod that freezes time while you're inside a building.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cool. I'll look around for those posts but that's a nice little detailed list. Thanks for the advice.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I still play vanilla cuz I'm on a mac and mac modding is :shrug: I guess. It's fine, there are things I wish I didn't have to deal with but I live.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any word on Steam Workshop integration?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Honestly, I can't think of anything that has fixed costs in this game. Unless you're doing absolutely dumb stuff like planting crops without enough time to mature or destroying stuff you've planted, it's basically impossible to move backwards.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Woo! Mind you, catching that octopus was about as hard as grabbing most of those...

And my flower garden's coming out nicely this summer:

... well except for that gap where some debris spawned :argh:. That golden clock can't come soon enough (and it's still such a long way away!)

e: Dwarf Scroll IV. FINALLY.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 21, 2016

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Dad Update
Summer Year 3

-He's reached lvl 80 in the mines but he's hit a roadblock and can't seem to make it past lvl 83. Seemed intrigued when I mentioned what staircases were for
-After failing the Quality Crops bundle for two years he staked all his hopes on a huge crop of Gold Melons and came out on top
-After I'd told him what the Greenhouse was for (a dozen times, I'm worried about his memory :() he'd been spending tons of money buying trees to plant in it
-Had to show him that at the Luau you have to go up the little stairs and put something in the pot. Talking to Marnie does not automatically put something in the pot.
-He claims that when he gives an item to a character it gives them the whole stack of the items. I suspect he may be right clicking too much and giving out whatever he has on hand as random gifts.
-Got 2nd place in the Grange Display :v: but had no clue what to do with the points so he just left immediately
-Paid for the bus repair...took him as much as two months to realize he could now use the bus. He has now been stockpiling coconuts for some kind of future coconut-related crisis.
-Calls the Secret Woods the Evil Place because there's slimes there
-He continues to not give a poo poo about any of the villagers
-Refuses to do anything but the minimal amount of work on a Sunday. Since we're teetotalers he also refuses to make Beer, Pale Ale, or Wine. Actually he said he's pretending the Wine is Juice so he doesn't feel bad about it. He knows how stupid this sounds.
-Several weeks after being given the key to the Sewer I checked in on him to let him know he could now access the Sewer
--"The military guy gave me a key."
--"Kent gave you a key?"
--"Yeah."
--"Do you mean Gunther?"
--"Maybe."
--"The guy from the library?"
--"Well he's in some kind of uniform."

-Since Carp are the easiest catch in the game I told him to fish in the sewer and he caught his first fish! So proud of him
-He's now at Fishing Level 1! But he's been using the Traveling Cart to fill in most of the Bundle pieces he's been missing so now he's only missing two or three fishing items
-I taught him how to split stacks of items now...halfway into his third year

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Dad Updates are the best updates. :allears:

quote:

-Refuses to do anything but the minimal amount of work on a Sunday. Since we're teetotalers he also refuses to make Beer, Pale Ale, or Wine. Actually he said he's pretending the Wine is Juice so he doesn't feel bad about it. He knows how stupid this sounds.

Nah it's no big, that's the same thing a lot of Christians do with all the references to wine in the New Testament.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Eric the Mauve posted:

Dad Updates are the best updates. :allears:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
After almost two years on the Wilderness farm map, I've decided to stop monster spawns via the Witch's Hut. Over the course of the two years, nighttime monsters only produced about 4-5 gold bars, 7-10 silver/bronze bars and that's about it as far as useful stuff goes.

Wilderness is the worst map, except for maybe Hilltop.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 22, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MrSlam posted:

-Refuses to do anything but the minimal amount of work on a Sunday.
I can't wait until he finds out everyone in town is part of a pagan cult.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
One thing that should probably be changed in the next big patch is fertilizer costs. For how difficult it is to acquire large amounts of the materials for the various good fertilizers(I.E. not retaining soil), it should give you 10 for every time you craft them.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

quote:

-Since we're teetotalers he also refuses to make Beer, Pale Ale, or Wine. Actually he said he's pretending the Wine is Juice so he doesn't feel bad about it. He knows how stupid this sounds.

Teetotalism is about not consuming alcohol, not producing it. Seems like he could justify making it and tossing it in the shipping box.

If literal monks can brew beer, I think the big guy will be cool with your dad making video game pale ale.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 22, 2016

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Teetotalism is about not consuming alcohol, not producing it. Seems like he could justify making it and tossing it in the shipping box.

I don't think you're going to be able to :goonsay: a man out of his principled stance against pixelated alcohol.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

there wolf posted:

I don't think you're going to be able to :goonsay: a man out of his principled stance against pixelated alcohol.

Jesus is literally made of wine, it can't be a sin. Tell dad it's communion wine.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MrSlam posted:

Every vegetable still makes juice, doesn't it? Good ol' corn juice.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Really Pants posted:

Most vegetables are low value, you make more money if you pickle them.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Really Pants posted:

I'll take a crab juice

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Do orchard trees grow in the greenhouse in the vanilla game? I'm in winter 2 and all I need is a pomegranate to finish the town center and gently caress if I want to wait until fall 3. I've gone to the traveling merchant every chance I get and I hate waiting for the RNG to give me one to buy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes, they do. The greenhouse counts as all seasons at all times.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Really Pants posted:

aka moonshine

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

One thing that should probably be changed in the next big patch is fertilizer costs. For how difficult it is to acquire large amounts of the materials for the various good fertilizers(I.E. not retaining soil), it should give you 10 for every time you craft them.

I don't even bother to craft them; it's just a nuisance to gather materials.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I don't even bother to craft them; it's just a nuisance to gather materials.

That's what I'm saying. Make it more reasonable to craft them. Keep the same materials, fine whatever, but make it so you get 10 per craft instead of 5. That'd be worth the cost. It's just extremely noticeable on a no pierre/joja run.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Got game for birthday, game owns.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I asked because I had been under the impression greenhouses were bugged for growing fruit trees. I'll have to give it a try tonight. 28 game days is still better than waiting for an RNG to work out or playing until Fall 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Got game for birthday, game owns.

Be prepared for more birthdays.