Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

GazChap posted:

My wife and I have just rescued a 4 week old catte that was abandoned in a hedge :3:

//edit: holy tables

You and your wife are good people. Thank you for saving that poor kitty.

Please love the heck out of that little fuzzball, and update the thread frequently with new pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Now some new mod please find a reason to probate MoMA, thanks.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

D1E posted:

Nah do a mod challenge or something, make it fun.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ManofManyAliases posted:

You unequivocally are. You have 0 - zilch - nada proof that you are who you say you are. Not one picture, not one document. You likely read RSI, forums, reddit and other sources to take the best educated guess at something CIG is doing (as do I) and post your bullshit here. Man up and go take a loving photo with 'TheAgent' and today's date at RSI HQ (or your nutsack on Sandi's face), otherwise shut the gently caress up already.

That's a rather rude thing to say to TheAgent.

Even if he has none of those things and makes everything up, it's still funny and sometimes he nails one. Given how terrible Chris Roberts methods of management are, they probably don't have a clue what they're doing each hour, much less daily, and even less than for TheAgent predictions to be true some weeks/months later.

CIG can barely tell if they have a demo 24 hours before the demo needs to be seen.

CIG downloads a last minute game during a live stream so they can show "proof of existence".

The only predictable thing about CIG is that they're incompetent and have no respect for the people giving them scads of money for nothing.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheAgent posted:

btw for the planet coaster thing

they have to show live star marine (no pre recorded footage/demo footage)
they have to have actual, server driven teams (no, oh you guys are on team blue, I'm on red)
they have to complete several full matches with preset win conditions (no welp our team lost I guess)

if they can manage all that, no planet coaster for y'all

but if they don't do just one of those things, then the !raffle will begin and feel free to PM me

How do you get that there was any sort of win condition when matches ended up 0 - 3549 and none of the numbers in any column matched?

I say you owe someone a Planet Coaster.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Atrayonis posted:

So, most of the time, posters here like to laugh at backers who circle around in their own pond at /r/starcitizen or /r/DerekSmart.

However, the larger impact of Star Citizen is not recognized. Namely, both the idea that actually released games somehow don't count, and that you can just ask for refunds if you don't like the thing you bought. Both, notably, existing in the Elite: Dangerous community.
The thread about concerned citizen alone is mostly concerned with people who stay in their own little echo chamber, and not people like u_r_s_u_s or Devari who have gone on the attack path.

For one thing you have the claim that Frontier is misappropriating they money they got from people who bought Elite, because that money is nebulously tied to Elite, and is not to be used in any other way: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/289769-Is-Elite-worth-the-60-million-USD-that-players-have-paid-for-it-so-far

On the other hand, you have this weird notion that you can just un-buy things you bought in full or total.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/5d20y0/my_request_of_partial_refund_got_denied/

Tl;dr: Guy bought a lifetime pass in 2014, has played for 170 hours, but thinks updates aren't coming out fast enough, season 3 might never come out, and there's just too many complaints about the game, asks Reddit about a chargeback because RSI refunded him and Frontier didn't. Doesn't get the difference between buying a game and "investing" into a "pledge".

Predictably, non-sc redditors laugh at him, which produces this gem:

The large impact that Star Citizen might have is not the death of crowd funding after all, but the blurring between "buying" and "investing" and the ridiculous entitlement that comes with it.

Y'know, if he had 50 hours and the horizons shitstorm was just going down, I'd probably side with him, but c'mon man. Hasn't E:D been getting better since that fuckup?

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

Mods???

I wonder how much more of this we're going to see as discussion of what a shitshow SC is spreads, because the undertone of these claims always seems to be "You let people say nasty things about Star Citizen on your forum, so I want my money back." Plus a hefty dose of mental retardation. Imagine buying a car from Ford, then trying to get a refund a month later because they aren't spending "your" money on improving your car.

It's a hole they've dug themselves. You don't constantly promise things like "your purchase will help us continue improving the game!!1!" or sell season pass type promises of future content, or even sell a game with promises of content to come and then get to play the victim card when people start getting antsy. Even if they're dumb and maybe should learn not to preorder. Hard to muster sympathy for either side.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

You unequivocally are. You have 0 - zilch - nada proof that you are who you say you are. Not one picture, not one document. You likely read RSI, forums, reddit and other sources to take the best educated guess at something CIG is doing (as do I) and post your bullshit here. Man up and go take a loving photo with 'TheAgent' and today's date at RSI HQ (or your nutsack on Sandi's face), otherwise shut the gently caress up already.

Moma, it seems as if you're angry or upset about TheAgent's posting. I don't recall TheAgent ever saying he worked at CIG. For all we know he just knows some people on the inside and they tell him things. Maybe he hears it through someone who knows someone on the inside. Who knows. What does seem to be true is he doesn't want to reveal his exact connection or sources, which I think we should respect in this case. If we've learned anything over the past few days, revealing too much information about a person with which we disagree is against the rules. I think we can all do a little more to respect that.

I don't think he has any reason to "man up" just to prove a point. What does it matter, anyway? He posts here, sometimes his information is false, sometimes it is true. What is valuable to me is that it is usually kind of funny, even if it was 100% false hypothetical stuff.

Do you think his posting here is doing any harm? Do you think he has any more right to post what he hears, any more than you do?

Interestingly enough, some of what he posts seems to be true. If he's hearing it from some dude on 4chan and just relaying it here, that's still valuable to me. It's new information, even if not vetted.

Chill out man. Keep in mind, not everyone is thousands of dollars into this thing, so if he posts something that were to somehow bring the house down, we lose nothing but an endless source of entertainment.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Pilz posted:

Y'know, if he had 50 hours and the horizons shitstorm was just going down, I'd probably side with him, but c'mon man. Hasn't E:D been getting better since that fuckup?

It isn't really built like classic MMOs or even classic space games- there's a huge grind without any clear goal aside from some of the larger ships, no story or progression to speak of, and a lot of obscure stuff happening in the background econ sim that the player doesn't really get to interact with, which can make the whole game seem really stiff and boring. There are a billion star systems, but you can literally sit yourself down in any of a thousand well populated ones and never leave it again without missing out on any of the experience. Frontier has built it to be a game where players make their own fun, rather than having clear paths presented to them, and I don't think that really jives with what players expect from a big multiplayer title anymore. Personally I think it's just a great sandbox to jump into and chill for an hour or two, once in a while. If it were my go-to game for socializing, though, I'd probably hate it.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5e63jq/the_idrisp_brought_me_in_trouble/

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

It isn't really built like classic MMOs or even classic space games- there's a huge grind without any clear goal aside from some of the larger ships, no story or progression to speak of, and a lot of obscure stuff happening in the background econ sim that the player doesn't really get to interact with, which can make the whole game seem really stiff and boring. There are a billion star systems, but you can literally sit yourself down in any of a thousand well populated ones and never leave it again without missing out on any of the experience. Frontier has built it to be a game where players make their own fun, rather than having clear paths presented to them, and I don't think that really jives with what players expect from a big multiplayer title anymore. Personally I think it's just a great sandbox to jump into and chill for an hour or two, once in a while. If it were my go-to game for socializing, though, I'd probably hate it.

Yeah, not my thing but if you like it you like it. I just don't feel like it's sold on those terms, so I give some leeway (maybe too much, I'm a bit salty on space games ATM) to the people who feel shafted.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

All I know is the leaks regarding the space car dealership haven't panned out and that causes grief.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

What's the "War Bonds" thing?

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

MilesK posted:

Cash only discount, no store credit accepted.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

iron buns posted:

Cash only discount, no store credit accepted.

lol, brilliant marketing once again.

"No honey, I'm not being price gouged, I'm saving the universe from Vanduul. For our children."

MilesK fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 21, 2016

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Remember this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U57IShA4PNU

Turns out disagreeing with him is a great way to get a refund.

quote:

With all the drama about how hard was to get a refund and some players saying they had to threat legal action to get one I was surprised at how easy it was to get one.

So how it happened:

1) I made a remark on the forums that Montoya did not like (asking him if he was planning on doing more videos insulting people that were unhappy with some of the latest moves)
2) Someone did not like me asking that and reported me so I got forum banned. Since there is nothing else to do with the game except forum gameplay at this stage I decided if I can't do that what did I pay for?
3) Opened a support request stating what happened and that I was unhappy with the lack of delivery of SQ42. Stated that their ban sounded like they were not happy with me either so maybe we should just part ways.
4) 48 hours later refund issued

So good news is - and this surprised me quite a lot - it is quite easy to get a refund and anyone that wants one should get it - maybe the fact I am not a "whale" helped (my pledge was int he low 3 digits).

So I guess I should thank Montoya - due to the previous bad press on refunds policy it never crossed my mind I could actually get my money back until this happened

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/5e6gst/how_i_got_a_refund_hint_not_that_hard/

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

D1E posted:

Please don't, he's growing on me

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

Nah do a mod challenge or something, make it fun.

I agree with this.

Make him play Star Citizen and have fun doing it. He can show us what an unmodified cfg file can do. :)

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
so did anything funny happen during the livestream - crashes, glitches overall ineptittude?

i missed it and then i came back and it was the purging

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Propagandist posted:

Moma, it seems as if you're angry or upset about TheAgent's posting. I don't recall TheAgent ever saying he worked at CIG. For all we know he just knows some people on the inside and they tell him things. Maybe he hears it through someone who knows someone on the inside. Who knows. What does seem to be true is he doesn't want to reveal his exact connection or sources, which I think we should respect in this case. If we've learned anything over the past few days, revealing too much information about a person with which we disagree is against the rules. I think we can all do a little more to respect that.

I don't think he has any reason to "man up" just to prove a point. What does it matter, anyway? He posts here, sometimes his information is false, sometimes it is true. What is valuable to me is that it is usually kind of funny, even if it was 100% false hypothetical stuff.

Do you think his posting here is doing any harm? Do you think he has any more right to post what he hears, any more than you do?

Interestingly enough, some of what he posts seems to be true. If he's hearing it from some dude on 4chan and just relaying it here, that's still valuable to me. It's new information, even if not vetted.

Chill out man. Keep in mind, not everyone is thousands of dollars into this thing, so if he posts something that were to somehow bring the house down, we lose nothing but an endless source of entertainment.

Alright fine. Let's just enjoy it for it's entertainment value. I can now let out a few notches on the 'ole Trak.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Are you talking about the deserved probations and the deserved banning of Derek Smart? If you think that is heavy handed then I am very confused here. This sub is part of the Somethingawful forums and part of Games. Facts is the Head Admin in charge of Games. That means things which break rules can be acted upon by him.

lol, I got 6 hours for posting 'mods?'

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
don't probate me :ohdear:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MOMA's genuine anger at TheAgent does a lot to help his credibility.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Son, we live in a world that has blogs, and those blogs have to be written by men with egos. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Develoer Lesnick? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Star Citizen, and you curse Star Marine. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Star Citizen's death, while tragic, probably saved money. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to Reddit, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at buffets, you want me on that blog, you need me on that blog. We use words like pipelines, parp, pledging. We use these words as the backbone of a Kickstarter spent refactoring something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a mod who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you send in a request, and ask for a refund. Either way, I don't give a drat what jpeg you think you are entitled to.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So apparently CIG has been doing updates every day with new ships, and they've actually been releasing videos to go with them. For reasons that escape anyone they only post the videos on their site, but they're all basically Space Jeremy Clarkson talking about the various manufacturers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMGs63MsSBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FSFjR0p4Z8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eKotGpwjbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxJj-Tkp8P4

Some previously unseen ships are seen in the background, like the Starfarer Gemini (a tanker with a giant fuckoff missile launcher) and the Drake Caterpillar (the one that apparently turns into a portable strip club).

You would think CIG would put all of these assets into a level players could walk around or something.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

his nibs posted:

lol, I got 6 hours for posting 'mods?'

There's probably some old rocker on the moderation team that still gets nervous rashes whenever those other guys are mentioned…

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

MilesK posted:

No idea.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Imagine being a wife and going "alright cool you're going through a midlife crisis that happens to everyone I guess so you do you" imagining you'll get to ride in your husband's cool new BMW or Harley or sport boat and spend time together having fun like you're young again but then you find out your dumpy bald fat IT husband bought $5,000 worth of video game assets that don't even exist

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Wow. This dude. :(

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

Imagine being a wife and going "alright cool you're going through a midlife crisis that happens to everyone I guess so you do you" imagining you'll get to ride in your husband's cool new BMW or Harley or sport boat and spend time together having fun like you're young again but then you find out your dumpy bald fat IT husband bought $5,000 worth of video game assets that don't even exist

I thought MoMA was a legal aid?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D1E posted:

I thought MoMA was a legal aid?

That's why he's so concerned with tightening his belt

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ManofManyAliases posted:

this is kind of ironic, don't you think?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

There's probably some old rocker on the moderation team that still gets nervous rashes whenever those other guys are mentioned…

Yeah his name is *Mod privileges only*

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Did you just admit that you have zero sources toast?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So apparently CIG has been doing updates every day with new ships, and they've actually been releasing videos to go with them. For reasons that escape anyone they only post the videos on their site, but they're all basically Space Jeremy Clarkson talking about the various manufacturers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FSFjR0p4Z8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eKotGpwjbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxJj-Tkp8P4

Some previously unseen ships are seen in the background, like the Starfarer Gemini (a tanker with a giant fuckoff missile launcher) and the Drake Caterpillar (the one that apparently turns into a portable strip club).

You would think CIG would put all of these assets into a level players could walk around or something.

Perhaps they can not afford the bandwidth.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

basically Space Jeremy Clarkson talking about the various manufacturers.

I'm looking at this video and how bad the lips are because they never purse. And I realize they have what can only be described as the stupid lines and dots (they paint on the actors face when Mo Capping) still visible.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Propagandist posted:

He's explicitly said he doesn't work at CIG so MoMA is just angry because he's getting pressured to find the moles and isn't making any headway by posting like a loving retard.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

game play comes last

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Xaerael posted:

You forgot these:

MeLKoR posted:

I wonder how anyone could have gotten this idea.

https://i.imgur.com/uDMsPnO.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/PXohoAI.mp4 https://i.imgur.com/0GCYbiA.mp4

Preposterous!

Every time I saw one of his posts all I could think about was this

:911:
I loved these then and I love them now.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

quote:

So good news is - and this surprised me quite a lot - it is quite easy to get a refund and anyone that wants one should get it - maybe the fact I am not a "whale" helped (my pledge was int he low 3 digits).
whale?

• Locked thread