Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
By the way do the mods/admins/overlords still need the wheelchair posts? They were pretty funny and I'd hate for you guys to be missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Shoot, coward. You will only kill a man

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:argh::argh::argh:

Oh boy you've done it now....

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.
This all happened within the first 100 pages of the thread too.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Beet Wagon posted:

:argh::argh::argh:

Oh boy you've done it now....

Don't go all Beeter Gabriel on us now :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

8 Ball posted:

I tried to make some progress in Alien Isolation last night but nope, still stuck in a medical bay vent making GBS threads myself with fear

I stopped plying it in VR after I got it 'being really there' is great as long as 'there' ins't under a table making GBS threads your pants, it was too stressful

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Titanfall 2 is really good. It's a better mirrors edge than the new mirrors edge.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Erenthal posted:

LMFAO also just noticed the voluptous bikini-clad women in the Drake video. Female models confirmed!

I love how they all had the exact same really weird looking canned dance animation. Not even time offset, just lockstep together.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

thatguy posted:

This all happened within the first 100 pages of the thread too.

that's not doxxing tho because doxxing would be illegal :smuggo:

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

To really appreciate stimpire.txt one has to force their eyelids open and not blink like the Stimperor intended.

That's the ONLY way to get the pain to triple every second. Anything else is cheating.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sandweed posted:

Titanfall 2 is really good. It's a better mirrors edge than the new mirrors edge.

Titanfall 2 is my favorite game of the year, I think. I'm biased though because I was one of the handful of dudes super disappointed when Titanfall 1 died.

I need to go play through the campaign again, tbh. BT is a rad dude.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

that's not doxxing tho because doxxing would be illegal :smuggo:
Also, this thread was unanimously against what Derek did, despite it being really funny.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

I stopped plying it in VR after I got it 'being really there' is great as long as 'there' ins't under a table making GBS threads your pants, it was too stressful

I honestly can't imagine playing Alien: Isolation in VR. Just playing with a regular monitor (and surround sound) is still extremely immersive and the game stressed me out so much I literally had to take breaks from playing often to recompose myself.

What I mean to say is that it's an actual playable game from an actual competent developer and in no way resembles Star Citizen.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Oleyo posted:

I love how they all had the exact same really weird looking canned dance animation. Not even time offset, just lockstep together.

All the background animations look like poo poo. (The front one does as well)
People doing random emotes that they managed to mo cap.
It's stupid.

Between the bikini Drake girls and the zoom in on the WW2 bikini poster of the first video, I really have to question what sort of mind set the director AKA Crobberts has.

Their paid marketing firm was making ingress to appeal the IP to a broader base with it's show re formats. But yet again, like a broken record, the Wunder Twins manage to find a way to sabotage any progress.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Some funny posts from the past:

Romes128 posted:

Dereks a blood cause he hates the crips

Ghostlight posted:

That's me in the wheelchair

losing my anonymity.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's him in the wheelchair
That's him in the spotlight
Losing his privacy
Trying to keep up with Smart
And I don't know how he can do it
Oh no we've sperged too much
We haven't sperged enough

Wikkheiser posted:

Derek challenge the wheelchair kid to a virtual reality boxing match.

Tim Pawlenty posted:

cant believe this crippleteen nerd has the nerve to call derek smart an idiot. beat him up derek. we're all rooting for you, this is definitely a great use of your time and is cool + good.

A precog:

SquirrelGrip posted:

holy poo poo its pretty fitting that every time derek wants to gently caress with some rando redditor theres a legit handicap they have and people ask him to stop

im seeing a pattern here

Derek's ironclad defense:

D_Smart posted:

No, that's not why. I don't give a poo poo about that. People call me names all the time; it doesn't faze me. If you took the time to use Topsy and search his Twitter feed for mentions of me, along with his posts on Reddit, you'll see why.

And I don't care if he's in a wheelchair or not as that has no bearing on anything. He's perfectly OK doing poo poo online from that chair (if that's him) and so he should know that online anti-social behavior does have consequences and they can be held accountable.

This sort of nonsense is precisely why online abuse is so rampant because people - hiding behind the confines of anonymity - are so quick vilify others like me who do not have the benefit of anonymity. Just today, alone, this happened whereby abusers threatening violence, caused a major event to cancel panels.

And while I was at the SPJ Airplay panel discussion back in August, some rear end-clown called in a bomb threat and had us out in the sweltering heat for over six hours.

Tell you what. New deal. I'll just continue sticking them in my blog as I write it, and not post it here.
Too bad he didn't take his own advice and in the end got banned for it. :rip:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sorry to say bad things about SC FAU :(

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Solomonic posted:

The Derek Smart Memorial Colosseum for the Mentally Ill

I second this motion.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D1E posted:

I honestly can't imagine playing Alien: Isolation in VR. Just playing with a regular monitor (and surround sound) is still extremely immersive and the game stressed me out so much I literally had to take breaks from playing often to recompose myself.

What I mean to say is that it's an actual playable game from an actual competent developer and in no way resembles Star Citizen.

It was that stressful it stopped being fun, I am now playing it normally and am enjoying it

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Eldragon posted:

Game is worth $35 for sure (paid $50 and don't regret it). Its the first twitch shooter I've really enjoyed since Tribes 3.

Speaking of: there will be a starter pack discount coming up this Friday. New game packages are only $30. Get 'em while they're hot!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D1E posted:

I had to do the same thing, and jack the difficulty WAY down. And it still scared the poo poo out of me at every turn. Good game. Can't wait to see how Crobbers apes it when it comes to those spooky abandoned ships with monsters in them he was talking about like two years ago.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Speaking of: there will be a starter pack discount coming up this Friday. New game packages are only $30. Get 'em while they're hot!

No way, no discounts for me. Either you pledged a full donation and invested properly or you are loving literal human garbage

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted:

I've decided to finish Alien Isolation and Metro Last Light and Crysis 3 because I've owned them for ages

please stream this and I will subscribe for 42 months

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

I had to do the same thing, and jack the difficulty WAY down. And it still scared the poo poo out of me at every turn. Good game. Can't wait to see how Crobbers apes it when it comes to those spooky abandoned ships with monsters in them he was talking about like two years ago.

The game is literally the morrow tour, right down to your Scottish companion

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ZenMaster posted:

please stream this and I will subscribe for 42 months

On it

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Of course. It was talked over in the japan.jpg thread in gbs.

It's one of those japanese shows were they show people freaking out over how fat americans are. It was really over the top.

They had video of Ben, and his wife, at disneyland.

Please stop stalking Ben, a public figure known for expressing a sexual desire for under aged girls should be allowed to enjoy his lunch at Disneyland whenever he wants.

MilesK fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 22, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

The game is literally the morrow tour, right down to your Scottish companion

The first time I saw their video of the "damage states" on the inside of their big dumb sperg wagons I legit thought it was Alien: Isolation gameplay.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
brb practicing my subscriber air punching dance to Everybody Dance Now

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

The first time I saw their video of the "damage states" on the inside of their big dumb sperg wagons I legit thought it was Alien: Isolation gameplay.

It is remarkably similar, especially the Illfonic stuff with all the graffiti and abandoned areas. Chris Roberts is a hack, it is shocking but true.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wait, was wheelchair guy the dude whose parents Derek was threatening to call but never did? Or was that someone else?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

D1E posted:

Sorry to say bad things about SC FAU :(
If you think about it, all goons are Stair Citizens.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

brb practicing my subscriber air punching dance to Everybody Dance Now
Do you have a beard and/or any funny hats?

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Inkel posted:

I'm almost positive this isn't a real deal. Someone just said it (likely as an exaggeration) and people have just been quoting it over and over.

I just bought Titanfall 2 recently on PC. Origin has it on sale for $40, but (at least when I bought it) you could also use a discount code TITAN20 to bring it down to like $32 or $33.

Aight, thanks. Thought it was a little too good, but the poster in here was specific so I figure they had a lead.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So apparently CIG has been doing updates every day with new ships, and they've actually been releasing videos to go with them. For reasons that escape anyone they only post the videos on their site, but they're all basically Space Jeremy Clarkson talking about the various manufacturers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMGs63MsSBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FSFjR0p4Z8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eKotGpwjbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxJj-Tkp8P4

Some previously unseen ships are seen in the background, like the Starfarer Gemini (a tanker with a giant fuckoff missile launcher) and the Drake Caterpillar (the one that apparently turns into a portable strip club).

You would think CIG would put all of these assets into a level players could walk around or something.

It kind of looks like they have a level for it.

A great big space-car dealership level.

I feel like someone told us something about that, at one point.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

thatguy posted:

By the way do the mods/admins/overlords still need the wheelchair posts? They were pretty funny and I'd hate for you guys to be missing out.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

fixed

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

What's your referral code

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you think about it, all goons are Stair Citizens.

Not me I live in a ground floor flat

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

Do you have a beard and/or any funny hats?

Got a vape and a Fallout Boy t shirt, lets do this

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Maw posted:

Not me I live in a ground floor flat

Made that up it's not true don't doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Has Lowtax blocked Derek on Twitter yet? Any funny interactions between them, or is it all hush-hush due to the pending lawsuit against SA?

So how much has the current sale netted so far? Enough to buy CIG another 2-3 months to poo poo something out?

• Locked thread