Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's the first awesome 3d fps, classic as gently caress, mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
quake has been a classic game for 20 years

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm playing Earthbound for the first time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bought the mega man legacy collection on a Black Friday sale. Never played any mega man games outside of the battle network series before

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I bought a mega man 1-6 multicart on eBay last night

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Bought the mega man legacy collection on a Black Friday sale. Never played any mega man games outside of the battle network series before
lmao
:munch:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me beating Cutman: Fairly challenging level, a tense boss fight, good platforming and pattern recognition, I get why this is a beloved series!

Me dying 8 times on the moving platforms on the first screen of the Gutsman level: gently caress Mega Man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to get past this part in Ice Man with disappearing blocks over a pit of water. I can't find a series to actually jump on to make it out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Right after posting that I did it by blindly jumping to spots where I knew a block was about to spawn, which seems to be he right way which is insane

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Right after posting that I did it by blindly jumping to spots where I knew a block was about to spawn, which seems to be he right way which is insane

that is exactly the correct thing everyone learned at 5 years old

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They really love the ol block pattern in this game. Slugged my way through Elecman and when I finally got to the boss he one shot me and I exploded

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Me beating Cutman: Fairly challenging level, a tense boss fight, good platforming and pattern recognition, I get why this is a beloved series!

Me dying 8 times on the moving platforms on the first screen of the Gutsman level: gently caress Mega Man.

mega man 1 isn't that great, MM2 is where the series comes into its own imo

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

They really love the ol block pattern in this game. Slugged my way through Elecman and when I finally got to the boss he one shot me and I exploded
Please stream this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Please stream this.

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

I have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to get past this part in Ice Man with disappearing blocks over a pit of water. I can't find a series to actually jump on to make it out

This is exactly my experience with Mega Man Legacy Collection: Mega Man 1, lol

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
tbf mega man 1 is kinda shite. Shoulda just started straight off with 2.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bill Barber posted:

tbf mega man 1 is kinda shite. Shoulda just started straight off with 2.

It feels wrong to do this.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I love mega man 1

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2 is better, don't get me wrong, but 1 is good too

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mycophobia posted:

2 is better, don't get me wrong, but 1 is good too

gamer nod

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

megaman invented the concept of platforming being hard

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm having flashbacks to when I watched wormskull gently caress up on this exact spot of iceman for like 3 hours one afternoon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Iceman stage with the moving platforms and flying penguins is brutal

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

Iceman stage with the moving platforms and flying penguins is brutal

the weird item in elecmans stage that was behind blocks you couldnt get past during the ladders can help... small gamer tip

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was just meaning to check out a stage or two but I ended up nearly beating 1, I think. I assume after YELLOW DEVIL I have to face wily and it looks like there's 2 forms from the concept art

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really really bad at those jumps you have to do up corners.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Nostalgia feels: ragequitting the yellow devil as a young gamer.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

just played time crisis on the playstation for the first time in years. still epic, the port comes with an entire bonus game with multiple branching paths

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Holy poo poo, just realized you can kill Bowser using the fire flower, instead of jumping over him to collect the axe in the normal fashion.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Holy poo poo, just realized you can kill Bowser using the fire flower, instead of jumping over him to collect the axe in the normal fashion.

:downsbravo:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to make some coffee and play some more MM1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

just played time crisis on the playstation for the first time in years. still epic, the port comes with an entire bonus game with multiple branching paths

My friend had a time crisis on PS2 and it was so much fun to pass and play. We also did a high octane version where every time you had to reload you handed the gun off like a wario ware game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

E