Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Welllllllp

Got Lego Batman movie Batmobile too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Feenix posted:

Welllllllp

Got Lego Batman movie Batmobile too

Look in the calendar for us!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The_Doctor posted:

Look in the calendar for us!

For what?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Vouchers and whatnot at the back?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The_Doctor posted:

Vouchers and whatnot at the back?

Ohh. Sure. Will do.

Also even though weekend was over, got a snowglobe.

[fakedit] Nothing whatsoever in the calendar/.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Holy poo poo...it's going to cost $50 to get the Lepin Cafe Corner up to spec. I paid $50 for it in the first place.

$20 shipped just to fix the skis. May end up just doing that.

Don't get the Lepin CC.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Still a reasonable deal? If you order knock offs you have to expect to fix it up. The newer sets seem to be fine.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lizard Combatant posted:

Still a reasonable deal? If you order knock offs you have to expect to fix it up. The newer sets seem to be fine.

It's a good deal, but compared to Town Hall, or Green Grover to a lesser extent, it's bad.

The two ground floor doors are changed. The one on the right doesn't even have anything to keep it in place. The two tubes that do I don't know what on the right and hold the skis in the arch above the front door don't work at all.

It's also a boring build with no detail inside at all.

It really does show its age. Amazing the difference between it and the the new one coming out.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Holy poo poo...it's going to cost $50 to get the Lepin Cafe Corner up to spec. I paid $50 for it in the first place.

$20 shipped just to fix the skis. May end up just doing that.

Don't get the Lepin CC.

I picked up the Lepin disney castle knockoff set.

I am really surprised at the quality. No missing or deformed pieces so far, and the figs are very close to the Disney figs my daughter has. It is weird to look at it as think that it isn't a real lego set, so I don't know if I would buy lepin again.

I am only part way into the build, and it will be my winter project since I don't spend more than a half an hour every day or two, but I will post pics if anybody is interested. I have checked most bags for defects and I haven't seen any. Some small pieces may be hiding. Connections have been tight, colors have been very close the lego. Printed pieces look excellent. No blurring or smudges.

I actually hope it is rare to get high quality sets from Lepin, because if they are all this good they are a threat to a bigger portion of the market then I would have first thought.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Lepin is a good thing.

It will lessen the impact that filthy scumbag resellers have on the market. And it might push Lego to either re-release in demand EOL sets or to just lower their sky high prices.

I do believe Lepin is trying to improve their releases. The initial CC had owls in the tower. Now it has the correct parrots. They don't fit the studs, but at least it's the right piece.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

The train looks great under the tree and I didn't have to buy the IR sensor or the remote control. Having the tracks running over the tree skirt at a sight incline helps keep the trains speed down to a reasonable level.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My train arrived today! I might pick up the power functions too... 🤔

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

It killed my fingers just based on the amount of wedges that you need to straighten out, but it was a great build.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully lego comes out with a brick aligning tool the way they came out with a brick separator.

I usually use a 1x8 beam to do it but it's kind of fiddly.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought I was out... then I saw the Lego Y-Wing coming in 2017. :gonk:

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Vintersorg posted:

Man you got me excited that it was going to be a UCS, but nope :(.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Vintersorg posted:

Also an A-Wing:

In other news, if you work for Lego, you're a bastard and I hate you because you just got this:

It's already going for $300+ on eBay.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You're a terrible lego employee if you sell that. Lego should put serial numbers on each box and fire any offenders. :colbert:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
You know there are people who work at Lego that aren't interested in Legos.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Wax Dynasty posted:

Also an A-Wing:

:siren: LANDO :siren:

I didn't even see this set, just the Y Wing. I already have the older versions of both (multiple A Wings actually) so I hope these are good upgrades.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh man I need Lando so bad. Is he in rogue one?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I've run the numbers and it appears I do in fact need another A-Wing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I keep thinking I'm done with SW sets but any OT stuff with good minifigures does me in. I want both of those.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Does not compute.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Wax Dynasty posted:

In other news, if you work for Lego, you're a bastard and I hate you because you just got this:

It's already going for $300+ on eBay.

Holy hell I have a sudden need to buy that, I love Lego trains and that packaging is wonderful.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Logically that is impossible. LEGO pays their salaries, they are not disinterested.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No they get paid in Legos and they have to build their houses out of them.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
When you say you get given those free sets if you "work for Lego", do you mean as like a designer? Store manager? Because I cannot imagine they'd give that sort of thing away to every single entry level retail person, surely? I mean no grudge held if so, that would be loving awesome, I just can't picture it actually happening?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Lego need to bring back monorails, clearly they are the trains of the future.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Do you think when Lego employees get fired they have to put together a Lego pink slip?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I'd like to believe that it's built with a bunch of ratcheting and folding pieces. So when you're finally done, at the most anticipated moment to finally unfold it all and get the secret message, boom, 'You're fired, get the gently caress out'.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

When you say you get given those free sets if you "work for Lego", do you mean as like a designer? Store manager? Because I cannot imagine they'd give that sort of thing away to every single entry level retail person, surely? I mean no grudge held if so, that would be loving awesome, I just can't picture it actually happening?

Everyone. Lego retail grunts and up the ladder get the free sets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Everyone. Lego retail grunts and up the ladder get the free sets.

I need a Saturday job. :ohdear:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

I need a Saturday job. :ohdear:

I've actually considered it. Discount is 50% too, so I'd make even more money than the extra wage in savings alone.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Two more Lego Batman Movie sets have been revealed. Love that Penguin car!

http://www.thebrickfan.com/two-more-the-lego-batman-movie-official-set-images/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully when I hit retirement age lego is hiring door greeters for their stores.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Wow that Penguin car is great looking, that thing would display nicely with the modulars or put Mr. Burns in it (with a tiny bit of modding) and you have another neat item for the Simpsons.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

PriorMarcus posted:

I've actually considered it. Discount is 50% too, so I'd make even more money than the extra wage in savings alone.

Huh, never knew that. I almost started working for a store as a backup in case my other job searches fell through but I ended up moving. Just think of all the LEGO deals I missed...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Oh man I need Lando so bad. Is he in rogue one?

Not from what I've seen, it's probably either Battle of Endor or Rebels, he's something of a recurring character there. Probably Endor since it's not a Phoenix Squadron A-Wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo, I absolutely did not expect to actually get the Bananaman series sealed minifigure case from Amazon for 105 bucks but I totally did(I ordered two and one order was cancelled), it said it'd show up december 27th-january 27th but showed up today. That's 1.75 a figure, not bad! Shame the more populated figures in this case are secret agents and archers and poo poo like that rather than MORE BANANAMEN (and babysitters)

I have eight bananamen now

The_Doctor posted:

That penguin car is so loving rad