Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016
Thats a start. Are you willing to actually enjoy the game instead of these hackjobs? I think theres a good youtuber buried in there somewhere

D_Shart fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

is that shame the source of your boundless rage

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
So cool. Truly a game written by programmers for programmers! This is great news.

e: CIG Hire that guy! Someone that can get Star Marine working for you unless he gets sick or breaks an arm.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

-100s of bugs in the evocati 2.6 were corrected and tested (regression)
Can I still clip through every object in the game by crouching?

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hello:

-100s of bugs in the evocati 2.6 were corrected and tested (regression)

2.6.x bugfixes

Fixed 100s of missing doors on star marine levels.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jason Sextro posted:

is that shame the source of your boundless rage

Partly yes, the rest is just me being angry old me

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Partly yes, the rest is just me being angry old me

get the anger out

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

See, I told you SM was there.

Releasing Star Marine would be hilarious, I appreciate that you feel it's showing progress and CIG finally delivering parts of the promised game. However, judging by 2.0 all it's really going to do is expose more of how flawed the whole project is and provide months worth of entertainment via the bug tracker.

But more importantly the illusion of progress has to be maintained running up to the important December sale period.

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

AP posted:

Releasing Star Marine would be hilarious, I appreciate that you feel it's showing progress and CIG finally delivering parts of the promised game. However, judging by 2.0 all it's really going to do is expose more of how flawed the whole project is and provide months worth of entertainment via the bug tracker.

But more importantly the illusion of progress has to be maintained running up to the important December sale period.

How is it an illusion? Releasing Star Marine is tangible progress in any sense of the word. You people make 0 sense.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Shart posted:

How is it an illusion? Releasing Star Marine is tangible progress in any sense of the word. You people make 0 sense.

Sorry to break this to you but aren't crazy enough to be believable, I fear posting your balls was your high watermark.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

D_Shart posted:

you can touch it?

gross

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ManofManyAliases posted:

See, I told you SM was there.

Turns out it was in the game all along

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

D_Shart posted:

Releasing the fps portion of a game developed in an fps engine = tangible progress.

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

Terebus posted:

Releasing the fps portion of a game developed in an fps engine = tangible progress.

It is yes.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Samizdata posted:

So beaten! Like the proverbial redheaded stepchild! BASSINGO!

I made the original GIF though, so BLEERGGGH.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

D_Shart posted:

Theres a special place where you are going if you do not apologize to me (symbolic backer) and more importantly to CIG.

Grim Hex?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

D_Shart posted:

Absolutely. We're just waiting for you to post a video playing SM before we all jump in.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D1E posted:

Why does everyone in this thread tell everyone else how they think they should post?

If you don't like my posts, don't read them or put me on ignore and move on.

I think your posts are fine, friend. It's a free community and anybody can post what they want. From dogs to cats to recipes to whatever. It's that "nothing to talk about" quiet where the thread eats it's own. It'll pass like all things when either CIG screws up again or Star Citizen is suddenly awesome and everybody wants to play it for a day.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ripptide posted:

Absolutely. We're just waiting for you to post a video playing SM before we all jump in.

Oh, sorry, forgot you couldn't actually play it. My bad.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

regression testing

Regression testing is testing things that you've previously fixed in earlier versions are still fixed in your new version.

Saying that hundreds of bugs have been regression tested says literally nothing at all about how many new bugs are fixed, it just means that they've checked all the other bugs they've fixed in the past haven't been unfixed. It's standard practice that's normally automated because you do it so often.

Why would you post to tell us that? It's a bullet point that literally says nothing at all. You could regression test hundreds of bugs in a product after making zero changes to it. It's such an irrelevant thing to mention. Where are you getting this information from that you apparently don't understand and why are they telling you irrelevant things without explaining them to you?

Chalks fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 30, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm most curious what the ping rates to the cloud will be for SM.

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

ripptide posted:

Oh, sorry, forgot you couldn't actually play it. My bad.

Im not one of those brave evocatis unfortunately. Plus my current comp is potatoish and can barely run the PU.

I'm hearing good things though about SM. And we all saw the livestream so saying it doesnt exist like mr shart says is prepostrous.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Shart posted:

Im not one of those brave evocatis unfortunately. Plus my current comp is potatoish and can barely run the PU.

I'm hearing good things though about SM. And we all saw the livestream so saying it doesnt exist like mr shart says is prepostrous.

We all saw the livestream where they had more than one planet in the universe AND you could fly down to it and do boring poo poo on it, too.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm most curious what the ping rates to the cloud will be for SM.

Oh, they'll be the biggest and best pings you've ever seen. Trust in the Roberts.

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

We all saw the livestream where they had more than one planet in the universe AND you could fly down to it and do boring poo poo on it, too.

Exactly (opinion of boring notwithstanding). This stuff is in the game it just has to be implemented for us plebs. when Derek says it doesn't exist hes asking you to deny the reality of your own eyes.

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016
Stuff cant be finished by a dev in the morning and be put in the build in the afternoon. Thats nuts. You save up these accumulated work and improvements over time until you have enough for a "patch".

Basic game dev im sorry but people seem to not understand.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
The reality of my eyes tells me that star citizen is a terrible idea and should be brought behind the barn and shot dead. Like today.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Chris roberts should be skinned alive ala the predator while every single one of his lies...sorry...his missed timeframes are read aloud

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Shart posted:

Exactly (opinion of boring notwithstanding). This stuff is in the game it just has to be implemented for us plebs. when Derek says it doesn't exist hes asking you to deny the reality of your own eyes.

Uh those things I mentioned are most assuredly not in the game, friendo.

Good god why am I arguing with a gimmick account :psyduck:

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Chris roberts should be skinned alive ala the predator while every single one of his lies...sorry...his missed timeframes are read aloud

mods?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tippis posted:

Oh, they'll be the biggest and best pings you've ever seen. Trust in the Roberts.

Oh I'm sure they'll be the biggest pings, but maybe not the best. :v:

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Remember when CIG wasted literally tens of millions of dollars to build the first Star Marine, only to have it scrapped and rebuilt from scratch? And Chris called it just a game mode, already in the PU?

Finally, all that time, money and effort is paying off. Can't wait for WTFOsaurus to look bored while shooting the same guys over and over in one of the two maps.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Choc Chipizen Employees Speak Out on Project Woes

Following my recent op-ed, titled "Eject! Eject! Is Choc Chipizen Going to Crash and/or Burn?" a number of sources, comprised of both current and former employees of Derek Smart's Nightmare Autism Battle Arena, reached out to discuss troubling revelations about the state of the company. We have agreed to protect their identities, as well as to give them an opportunity to share their accounts. From inappropriate managerial conduct to fund mismanagement, here is the story from those who lived it. Nine people reached out to us - two were completely anonymous and were used to corroborate information. The seven quoted below identified themselves, but will be referenced by number (CS1, CS2, etc.) at their request.

Before jumping in, it is important to appreciate the gravity of this situation. Mod challenges are a necessity for smaller independent threadgoers to both break into the shitposting industry and to present a unique baking experience when they don't have the luxury of AAA backing. While there are no guarantees with accepting a challenge, Lowtax has set a precedent by holding those accepting accountable for any improper behaviors and misrepresentation in regards to promised deliveries.

AMBITION MAY BE CHOC CHIPIZEN'S GREATEST FLAW

Several Sources posted:

It's never been done because it can't be done.
- Several sources

Choc Chipizen is an ambitious space cookie from industry veteran Sarsaperoberts. The cookie began as a passion project, drawing inspiration from Little Debbie and Pizza Hut's giant disgusting desert cookies. Choc Chipizen promised a triumphant return to the space-cookie genre by combining a huge bakery with multiple menu options, a massive variety of baked goods, and no subscription fees. The demand was immediately overwhelming. More than two or three in-thread responses were posted within a day, blowing past the original "Just don't probate me" goal.

Previously, DSNABA claimed that the high cost of the shitposts was intended to allow them to meet a November 2016 release date while still adding additional content. "The purpose of the stretch goals is to ensure that the cookie-as-described is finished in the one week time period," the Choc Chipizen FAQ from the original post, last updated absolutely never, reads. "We intend to build the cookie that Sarsaperoberts described in his posts regardless, but without additional quote responses we are going to have to do it one piece at a time, starting with Spaceship Pizza, rather than as a single larger production. With more funding we can include more breads, pies, eateries, and cinematic sequences."

According to several former employees and industry veterans, the reason Choc Chipizen is so popular is because it's never been done. And, they continue, the reason it has never been done is because it can't be done - at least, not with a few emptyquotes.

"$90m for what he's pitching, even with a competent leadership, you couldn't do," CS1 said. "The thing you have to remember about Sarsaperoberts is that, before this, he hadn't cooked a goddamn thing in 12 years. He has no concept of what can and can't be done today with that amount of attention, or for a cookie like this. Sarsaperoberts hadn't made a cookie in 12 years, and he was actively ignoring the input of people who have been in and a part of the industry that entire time."

To this, Sarsaperoberts says: "How do you or they know this? Which employees said this and what makes them qualified to make that judgement? I know it's what MOMA loves to say but he couldn't make a good cookie with $200m so I don't think his opinion matters. Outside of that, no employee beyond me and a few other key people who are leading Choc Chipizen would have the appropriate information and overview to make any judgement about the cost of the total project. Secondly, the company uses additional sources of funding such as tax incentives, marketing and product partnerships, but we do not discuss these issues in public for obvious reasons. We always keep a healthy cash reserve and operate our business prudently based on the incoming revenue. It should tell you something that we are actually increasing our global headcount not decreasing it."

Over concerns that he is not responding to advice from workers, Sarsaperoberts writes "I have a very strong vision for Choc Chipizen, which is why I believe we have been quoted to the level we have. I have no doubt what we can achieve. Now that most of the base technology is in place we will be able to get with the Sentient Bread and Space Pizza milestone a food experience that will allow you to seamlessly go from foot, to eating a fully realized pizza with your friends, take off, fly thousands or millions of km in space, exit your ship in EVA and consume an entire loaf of living, thinking bread, engage in cookie consumption, return to your ship, purge in the space bathroom and return to your home base to share the tales of your adventures with your other friends. All with no loading screens, all at AAA first person fidelity that you can't even get on a next gen console. This is the core of the Space Pizza and Choc Chipizen experience that we will continue to iterate on and add content to, but even the first release will be more "Bakery" than most commercially released goods. In terms of not listening to the advice of people that have worked in the industry that is not true. I have a very strong executive management and design team with huge experience in baked goods that all contribute to the decision making of the company. I listen to everyone - from our top level all the way through to our QA testers and community giving feedback on taste and ingredients. I care and want to build the best game possible. Now that doesn't mean I agree with everyone's opinions and feedback as a project director I owe it to the community to stay true to my vision and pick the things that I think will make the cookies better which can occasionally lead to people feeling disgruntled, which I suspect is the root of this "concern"."

"IT WAS INCREDIBLY TOXIC. I HAD TO GET OUT."

CS3 posted:

"I couldn't take it. It was by far the most toxic environment I have ever worked in."
-CS3
According to several sources, being an employee of DSNABA meant subjecting yourself to public insults, screaming, profanity, racism, and stress so powerful that some people would become physically ill.

"I realized it was affecting my health, my home life. I needed to get out. So I left. I had no job lined up. I just had to get out. I looked at my situation, I had enough in savings, so I left," CS3 told me. "I couldn't take it. It was by far the most toxic environment I have ever posted in. No one had clear direction about how to do their posting well. No one was empowered to do their posting well. Everything was second guessed, and the default reaction to everything was blame and yelling and emails with all capital letters and curse words."

It was also alleged that Sarsaperoberts' husband and DSNABA Director of Sperging Derek Smart enforced discriminatory hiring practices. CS1 reported that they were instructed to, first, check the education field on a prospective poster's resume. If too much time had passed, Smart reportedly informed people not to send them an invite to discord, because "they may be over 40, which makes them a protected class and harder to doxx." It was also claimed that Smart used disability as a determining factor in selecting targets, allegedly once saying "We aren't doxxing him. We aren't doxxing a crippled guy." Then he doxxed the crippled guy anyway.

In addition to Smart's alleged conduct, many felt they were required to be on constant guard when addressing Sarsaperoberts as well.

CS3 stated that it wasn't uncommon practice to round up four or five people to review a post intended for Roberts, to make sure there was nothing potentially upsetting in the wording. "His immediate response to everything was to insult people, and accuse everyone of being idiots," he said. "It was like the Eye of Sauron. You never wanted to say anything in an email or a meeting that would bring the Eye of Sauron on you. He couldn't control his temper, and had no problem making a public scene of it."

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 30, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
- [starmarine]false[/starmarine]
+ [starmarine]true[/starmarine]

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

needs some links to your :siren: JULY 2015 COOKIES :siren:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh I'm sure they'll be the biggest pings, but maybe not the best. :v:

It's all a matter of best for whom. Just think how much extra cash Amazon will be able to charge them for all that bouncing around — it'll be great.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

D_Shart posted:

Basic game dev

Lol, gimmick account or not, that bit made me chuckle. :D

It's the one thing that CR is relentlessly sparing no effort or expense in proving that he knows very little of this field.

And lol that you might think they are building a game and not a succession of 'adverts' tailored to play on the imaginations of the unwitting, bits of released and semiplayable software are just the bits that were not good enough to sell on shelves.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

I don't think balls will be enough this time. Show us the shaft.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Any lurkers or people that feel they need to read every post in this thread for whatever reason can probably skip ahead until the holiday livestream in december. When the bottom of the comedy barrel is having things like the D_Shart gimmick plucked out with tweezers it's probably a good time to take a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

CHRIS: Hello and welcome to the star citizen holiday stream! I know you've all been holding in your excitement, ready for 3.0 and star marine! Well I have been holding it in too! Behold commando's! the holiday stream!

*unzips pants and lets his shrimp dick hang loose, a torrent of warm asparagus-tainted piss flying out and drenching the camera*

CHRIS: Behold! Soak it in! Take it down you cock gobbling assholes! Merry Christmas!

*attempts to pee higher, slips on desk and falls on his rear end, pissing all over himself*

CHRIS: Oh well. This is how I would have ended up sooner or later.

• Locked thread