Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

aleksendr posted:

The ping is all over the place. Do some of them play on 56k modems for testing purpose?

I'd like to say yes. But I imagine that's on a LAN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

Here's a fact for you. I ask people to instantly differentiate between left and right, multiple times on a daily basis.

He works as a dude taking peoples shoes in at a bowling alley

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Sean Tracy: " In addition to testing Star Marine and new ships like the Herald, the 85X and the Caterpillar, they’re also going to be helping test the web version of Spectrum. There’s a lot of kinks to work out still, but so far they’ve already done a lot to help us find and tackle bugs."

Derek?

Derek?

Derek?

edit: Derek - how could the evocati be testing SM if it isn't in the current build?

edit 2: Derek - please respond. Can you please comment, in detail, why you were so wrong but said you were so right?

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 1, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

He works as a dude taking peoples shoes in at a bowling alley
And most conversations end with people saying to him "Well why did you say it was on the left when it's on the right? Why didn't you say it was on your left, or better yet, use some loving common sense and realise that left and right reverse when you face in the opposite direction? And stop staring at my tits, you creepy bastard."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

He's still round, yes.

Ben's fat

ow, i've been archered

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Holy poo poo.

:five:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Let's go Derek. Why are you ignoring me? DEREK SMART DEREK SMART DEREK SMART

I'll take a stab at that one. Because you're acting like an idiot shill pointing to pathetic things like "the pak's are there" instead of posting like an honest fan, like you had previously? Just my humble opin, mind you.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

ow, i've been archered

Ah gently caress. I had to go and look up the spoiler tag and missed your post. :( I apologise for stealing your goon valour.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Sean Tracy: " In addition to testing Star Marine and new ships like the Herald, the 85X and the Caterpillar, they’re also going to be helping test the web version of Spectrum. There’s a lot of kinks to work out still, but so far they’ve already done a lot to help us find and tackle bugs."

Derek?

Derek?

Derek?

edit: Derek - how could the evocati be testing SM if it isn't in the current build?

edit 2: Derek - please respond. Can you please comment, in detail, why you were so wrong but said you were so right?
moma will you play with pgabz and I next week when this hits the pu

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fix that. There are NO Goons. There are only toxic dink Derek alts.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

Absolutely, but only on my alt account.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

aleksendr posted:

I'm willing to give them a pass on that one. Its too much ingrained in modern science fiction( many of the writers having served in the military) that space assets are classified like wet navy ships.

Ship class have always been arbitrary and vary by nations. During the napoleonic era, the USA where building "frigates" that where vastly superior in tonnage and guns to what the french and british navy called "frigate". Even today, look at the new USN Zumwalt, that "Destroyer" displace 14,798 tons while a WW2 light cruiser (Uss Astoria, Cl-90 for example) displaced 14,358 t and a WW2 destoryer displaced only about 2500 tons.

You're right. It's really not that big of a deal, and since you have to call these things something you might as well go with the trope.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

Ah gently caress. I had to go and look up the spoiler tag and missed your post. :( I apologise for stealing your goon valour.

It's ok, quoting me can apparently be detrimental to your ability to have your posts read by the wahlord. Perhaps I should add a warning label.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

It's ok, quoting me can apparently be detrimental to your ability to have your posts read by the wahlord. Perhaps I should add a warning label.

gently caress that, yer a good ole cactus dick.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
moma i'd be careful

you're going down a dark path and nobody needs to be more :argh: than pgbaz

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Absolutely, but only on my alt account.
cool

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

flyboi posted:

moma i'd be careful

you're going down a dark path and nobody needs to be more :argh: than pgbaz

But will Smart ever admin he was wrong? Ever?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek?

Derek?

Derek?

Excellent :smug: post. You're learning quick.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

D_Smart posted:

I did. I've written an entire compendium about that sort of nonsense. No point in rehashing it. Right now, the sole goal and purpose is to troll CIG and Spergs into complete meltdowns.

You're posting at a Cymelion rate of sperg, not to mention you got caught up in a Moma Beltdown of metric proportions.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

What does your Smart tell you?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek?

Derek?

Derek?

Chris Roberts: "Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, shooting, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in 2.0, that's what it's 2.1."

:smug:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So if I understand things right, Derek is saying that Star Marine isn't in the Evocati build, but MoMA is saying that Derek is wrong because the Evocati build apparently includes the Star Marine files that are playable if you somehow hack the client similar to what people did years ago when the Illfonic stuff was accessible?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

I will fly us to adventure!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I'm just glad that Star Marine is now out, and can enjoy the same level of robust developer support and community engagement that the PU has received for the last 14 months. Really looking forward to watching streamers play 6000 hours of it as some kind of weird self-flagellation in exchange for a half dozen views.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So if I understand things right, Derek is saying that Star Marine isn't in the Evocati build, but MoMA is saying that Derek is wrong because the Evocati build apparently includes the Star Marine files that are playable if you somehow hack the client similar to what people did years ago when the Illfonic stuff was accessible?

The best way of understanding it is this:

MoMMA likes posh shoes
Derek has expressed no preference on shoes

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Meridian posted:

The Titanic simply can't turn fast enough.

It is the truth that has killed me!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

MoMMA likes posh shoes

MoMA go post in the shoe thread. You'll like it there.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hmm wait moma whats your stance on pizza?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's pointless bickering since neither of them have provable information. We should just wait a week, then it will be out for all the backers I'm sure.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

peter gabriel posted:

MoMMA likes posh shoes

Hmmm I walk like 17km a day, and need good boots for the -50 winters. My preference is rugged footwear that can take abuse.

Talk about your preference in footwear ITT

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm just glad that Star Marine is now out, and can enjoy the same level of robust developer support and community engagement that the PU has received for the last 14 months. Really looking forward to watching streamers play 6000 hours of it as some kind of weird self-flagellation in exchange for a half dozen views.

It will give the streamers shill something else to look miserable while playing.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

hmm wait moma whats your stance on pizza?

10 UEC says it's going to be some ridiculous hipster pizza

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Hmmm I walk like 17km a day, and need good boots for the -50 winters. My preference is rugged footwear that can take abuse.

I like lowtop chucks and flip flops

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is thread.gif! :3:

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

aleksendr posted:

I'm willing to give them a pass on that one. Its too much ingrained in modern science fiction( many of the writers having served in the military) that space assets are classified like wet navy ships.

Ship class have always been arbitrary and vary by nations. During the napoleonic era, the USA where building "frigates" that where vastly superior in tonnage and guns to what the french and british navy called "frigate". Even today, look at the new USN Zumwalt, that "Destroyer" displace 14,798 tons while a WW2 light cruiser (Uss Astoria, Cl-90 for example) displaced 14,358 t and a WW2 destoryer displaced only about 2500 tons.

All fiction requires a certain amount of making poo poo up. And there are few original ideas that someone didn't come up with beforehand. Declaring something as an unoriginal derivative work is as old as Shakespeare. The consumer can either accept that and relax, or can sperg out and post about it on the internet.

In other words, ripping off ideas from older sci-fi is the least of CR's problems.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

What does your heart tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Theory posted:

It's pointless bickering since neither of them have provable information. We should just wait a week, then it will be out for all the backers I'm sure.

I agree, but I feel like it's important to know the subtle nuances associated with each argument.

• Locked thread