Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Hanma Yuujirou loving owns though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Grappler Baki Chapter 188 is out!

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Mary Annette posted:

11. Yujiro. Not so much that readers don't like him, but that the author loving adores him, to the point that some downright horrific acts (like murdering Baki's mom) are presented in an uncomfortably sympathetic light (he murdered her with love).

True, when Yujiro was introduced, he was supposed to the character you loved to hate. He was a great villain, and purposefully played the part just to motivate Baki to get stronger. But then, after the conclusion of Son of Ogre, the author softened him up.

For example, in Grappler Baki, Baki's Mom punched Yujiro in the face, and was murdered for it. She dared to strike Yujiro, and her punishment was death. Everybody seemed to accept it, because he was a brutal rear end in a top hat who showed no mercy. It was still an important plot point, because Baki wanted revenge, and was pushed to new heights in his goal to confront his father. But yes, for the record, killing Baki's Mom was way over the line.

But then, much more recently, Hanayama punched Yujiro in the face about a hundred times harder (in fact, Yujiro's nose even bled) and Yujiro let Hanayama off the hook by hurling him across the street into a store, and calling it a day. What?? That's even more surprising when you consider that the "villain" Yujiro once beat a younger Hanayama within an inch of his life for no good reason. Just because he could, really.

And more recently, Motobe dared to interrupt a serious match between Yujiro and Musashi, and was barely punished for it. Yujiro simply knocked him out, and as he was about to become more severe, Musashi spoke up, and Yujiro showed mercy. Yujiro listened to another person and showed mercy. That's practically unheard of.

So maybe Yujiro is getting older and a little bit more mature. I mean, he hasn't ripped anyone's face off for a long time. And Yujiro even takes the time to "autograph" stuff for kids!

Jedah fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 4, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
He's way more chill and less grouchy now that his son proved that he can pose a challenge to the man who never knew defeat

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Here's a link to the rough translations of Baki Dou Chapter 136. The english translations are good, but the photos from the chapter are poor.

This link has high quality scans of the Chapter, but they're in Korean.

Musashi's imagination technique is so developed that even viewers at home could see him "materialize" a mind katana and slash the interviewer.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 5, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hahaha holy poo poo Musashi murdered someone in live TV with his imagination, amazing :allears:

This is gonna end up bad for him

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

In Grappler Baki, I can't figure out why the Surgeon guy Kurehea's patients hate him or want Baki to beat his rear end? Did he just not treat them properly or he did experiments on them I can't figure out.

Also the funniest part is when the crowd acts disgusted at someone being almost killed like you dumbshits did u not know what u bought tickets for?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Ulio posted:

In Grappler Baki, I can't figure out why the Surgeon guy Kurehea's patients hate him or want Baki to beat his rear end? Did he just not treat them properly or he did experiments on them I can't figure out.

Also the funniest part is when the crowd acts disgusted at someone being almost killed like you dumbshits did u not know what u bought tickets for?

I believe Kureha used them as experiments.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

frajaq posted:

This is gonna end up bad for him

Just for fun, I'd love to see the United States send Oliva after Musashi, since he's already beaten up a bunch of cops and seems to be turning into a well-known fugitive. However, I'm guessing Musashi will remain safe while he's in Japan, thanks to Tokugawa's limitless bank account and major political influence.

Maybe nations around the globe will see Musashi's footage, and eventually agree to sign a non-aggression declaration with him, as they did with Yujiro? I just want a whole chapter of Musashi cutting Trump into ribbons using his mind katana.

Also, the World's Strongest Boy is quickly becoming old news, and needs to do something to become relevant again. He doesn't really care about the spotlight, but he should care about having a rematch with Musashi.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 5, 2016

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 137 is out! (Korean scans)

Some pages are NSFW.

Apparently, Hillary was a friend of Emi, Baki's Mom. Hillary approaches Yujiro and tries to make the the same non-aggression declaration oath we just saw Trump go through.

Edit: Can someone who understands Korean explain Yujiro's raging boner? Thanks.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 6, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I thought I was ready for that chapter

I was not ready for that chapter

Hillnery goes to do her own personal pledge to Yuujirou in an effort to get him on her side, oust Trump from office, and keep America safe from Trump. Yuujirou refuses, but she begs him to let her make the pledge, saying that she was Baki's mom's friend. Yuujirou says that he knows that and that he doesn't need a pledge to keep any of Emi's friends safe, then casually adds that if Hillnery persists in trying to swear her allegiance regardless, he'll rape her over and over. Hillnery mumbles that her body probably couldn't take that and cheerfully leaves.

The boner is not explained

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
That chapter kinda reminds me of this conversation. Its so amazingly ridiculous to have the confirmation of "Hey I'm watching out for you already" followed by the threat of rape as a replacement for saying "GOD JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY".

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hillary is hiding in the woods because shes afraid of being violated by the strongest living dick in history

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
To the guy asking why baki isnt a more popular manga... a few clues may be strewn near this post... search diligently.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The World's Strongest Rapist

Arstavial
Aug 16, 2005
Just picked up the Baki Dou vol 14 + DVD box set thing this afternoon. It cost a bit more than I expected, but hopefully it'll be worth it to distract me from the Pickle nonsense in the previous Baki Dou volumes.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Jedah posted:

Baki Dou Chapter 137 is out! (Korean scans)

Some pages are NSFW.

Apparently, Hillary was a friend of Emi, Baki's Mom. Hillary approaches Yujiro and tries to make the the same non-aggression declaration oath we just saw Trump go through.

Edit: Can someone who understands Korean explain Yujiro's raging boner? Thanks.

Oh my loving god.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

I thought I was ready for that chapter

I was not ready for that chapter

You and me both, buddy! But thanks for the translations. The author just poo poo all over my point about softening up Yujiro.

Work Friend Keven posted:

To the guy asking why baki isnt a more popular manga... a few clues may be strewn near this post... search diligently.

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I love that the author is a nutjob who doesn't care about political correctness and does whatever he wants. On the other hand, I recognize that chapters like this will divide the audience, and could cause a ton of controversy.

Arstavial posted:

Just picked up the Baki Dou vol 14 + DVD box set thing this afternoon. It cost a bit more than I expected, but hopefully it'll be worth it to distract me from the Pickle nonsense in the previous Baki Dou volumes.

Nice, good to hear from you again! Is that the DVD box set that has the new Baki OAD, or has that not been released yet?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Dave from Osaka Prefecture, age 35: "I myself am a raper... I know the challenge of raping. To put it simply... What I saw that day was not possible by the laws of human limits."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lol again

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

That's immediately what I thought of when I read that chapter tbqh

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

That's immediately what I thought of when I read that chapter tbqh

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lmao

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Grappler Baki Chapter 189 is out!

The artwork has changed dramatically since the manga started, Itagaki has come a long way.

Glad you liked it! Haha, I can't really take credit though, since it's your joke. :) I made it in a rush last night, so it's a bit rough. That guy just had the look of Dave from Osaka Prefecture.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 7, 2016

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

What chapter is this panel from? Cause I seriously need to know the context of someone opening with this statement.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dave from Osaka Prefecture, age 35: "I myself am a raper... I know the challenge of raping. To put it simply... What I saw that day was not possible by the laws of human limits."

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

JDRockefeller posted:

What chapter is this panel from? Cause I seriously need to know the context of someone opening with this statement.

Dave from Osaka Prefecture came from Baki Dou Chapter 18, when Hanayama briefly fought Yujiro.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Apropos of world leaders and whatnot, Kengan Ashua is starting its big-rear end tournament arc, and the choosing of the leader of the Japanese underground economy is drawing some major interest

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

My favorite thing about those pictures are the fake names for world leaders.

Only Itagaki is crazy enough to put a thin-skinned, lawsuit-happy person like Trump in his manga, and not even bother to change his name. Personally, I was excited for Ronald Rump or some other silly parody name, but I guess he's going with Trump and Hillary. In the past, I remember seeing a translation with "George W Bosh," but maybe the author just doesn't care anymore?

I can't wait till Yujiro and Trump have adventures together. They're gonna go for a leisurely drive in the President's motorcade, and Yujiro will make Trump stick his head out the window and pant like a dog. And heaven forbid Yujiro ever sees or meets Ivanka, that would be a shitstorm.

The world's biggest troll just got paired up with the world's strongest troll.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a translation they probably just don't care. its not like bush will ever see it

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Jose posted:

its not like bush will ever see it

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Anybody have any idea what this is?

Looks like a comic about a guy who works for a Japanese highschool. It's definitely Itagaki's artwork, but I don't know the story details.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=59700
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=72568

Not sure of either.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Thanks! It's Shaman. Never heard of it before. Pretty bizarre stuff:

quote:

One man and one act can change the world. That man is Seto Hajime, and the act is prostrating himself on the ground. This simple act can change so many important things. It can save a girl from the yakuza or convince a stubborn chef to change his time-honored menu. Seto will also use his ability to affect change in his work as a high school teacher. After encountering Seto and his overwhelming humility, the world will never be the same!

The manga also has a character who looks exactly like a female version of Baki:

Jedah fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 9, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

The best part of Baki is that the mangaka's debut work was about hairstyling.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 110 is out!

:dunkedon:

Edit:
Bonus chapter! Baki Dou 138 (Korean scans)

Jedah fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 12, 2016

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jedah posted:

Anybody have any idea what this is?

Looks like a comic about a guy who works for a Japanese highschool. It's definitely Itagaki's artwork, but I don't know the story details.

I'm not much of an expert, but it appears to be Korean because the runes are more square in nature. Hope that helps.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Pewdiepie posted:

I'm not much of an expert, but it appears to be Korean because the runes are more square in nature. Hope that helps.

You're an expert, and yes, that helps. :ms:

I watched your video on Agony today, and it was really good. Looks like an incredibly cool concept for a horror game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jedah posted:

You're an expert, and yes, that helps. :ms:

I watched your video on Agony today, and it was really good. Looks like an incredibly cool concept for a horror game.

More horror games need big titties!