Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Something good instead of literal garbage.

So helpful lol. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

beergod posted:

I feed Archer natural balance and he loves it. The great thing is too, they have a bunch of different flavors and you can switch the flavors up without upsetting the dogs stomach.

Here he is after a long walk.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

beergod posted:

I don't know anything about your dog hardly and I don't know where you live. At this point I make my own drat dog food because everything is garbage but there's degrees of stuff being not-as-bad garbage. Natural Balance isn't bad.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
This is Egon

We brought him home in July of 2015

He's had a pretty rough life so far. He's basically the sick kid, always coming down with something but always keeps a good mood. Last January he got Kennel Cough, Bordatella (are those 2 the same thing?), and Pneumonia all at the same time. A more pathetic pup face, I've never seen

He recovered like a champ, but we're a little worried that those 3 or so weeks of illness right in the middle of a big growth spurt might have stunted his growth a little. He powered back though and continued to practice using our couch

Now he's got it pretty dialed in

Here he is at almost a year old, he's about 100lbs at this point, still kind of puny

Next medical problem was this big rear end wart we named Cindy. Ended up having to get it surgically removed

Here he is posing to look a little more buff. You're not fooling anybody, Egon

In September of this year he got his nueter/gastropexy done. Had to wear t-shirts for about a month while recovering. I was so glad we didn't have to deal with the drat e-collar. We used it for about a day after his previous operation and he could barely move about the house without getting stuck on a door frame or knocking things off the table. He was just under 120lbs here

As soon as he recovered from this surgery he began having lots of diarrhea and vomiting. Ended up losing around 15lbs, so down to 105 in this picture. He actually ended up bloating at this time too, but luckily we had just pexi'd him so no torsion occurred. Felt so bad for him looking malnourished despite our best efforts

So we went to an internalist to figure out what's going on with his insides and he told us that it was either Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) or Lymphoma (gently caress). After about a week tests came back and turns out it turned out to be IBD! So now he's on a special diet, anti-biotics, pro-biotics, and steroids. He's finally putting on weight again and hopefully once he's transitioned to his new food he'll be able to live a more or less normal life. Sucks that he can't have any animal protein though, so most of his favorite treats are out of the question. Just a bland crappy diet for him, but at least he doesn't have cancer!

Here's a bonus pic. "Do I haf fumfing sftuck in mah teef?"

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

A friend took this last weekend:

i like Ham
Dec 25, 2006

I'm a big fancy business man. Mind if I check you'r prostate?
Finally caught back up on this thread after years of gushing over everybody else's dogs, and it seemed appropriate that I join in on the fun. Ranger is an 3.5 year old Goldendoodle (sorry to anybody that doesn't like the term...), that we were lucky enough to adopt from a loving couple that could no longer properly care for him back in March. He's certainly tiny compared to some of the other dogs in here, but I'm routinely told he's a monster. He's been an absolutely wonderful dog and we are so lucky to be able to provide him a happy home.

Ranger showing that despite what people think, he IS a lap dog

His previous owner used to give him hugs from the time he was a puppy, and he never really got over them. Don't worry, you can't see my other arm but he is well supported here.

A pretty typical Ranger position. If you let him stay this way long enough he will fall asleep like this every single time.

i like Ham fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 7, 2016

kaptkobe
Mar 29, 2015
My polar is just like that, always in need of loving, although with a Dane it's a bit more extreme.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I figure this thread might appreciate this photo gallery my boyfriend sent me today: http://www.greatdane.photography/Prints/Little-Kids-and-their-Big-Dogs/

kaptkobe
Mar 29, 2015

pookel posted:

I figure this thread might appreciate this photo gallery my boyfriend sent me today

Those are some great pictures.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Whoa

Conquest7706
May 20, 2007
Merry Christmas Horse Dogs

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Big dogs looking after tiny people :allears:

One of my favourite images ever:

I've probably posted it here before, but I don't care. It's just such a great image.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

The Nautilus
Jul 24, 2012

HELLO

Conquest7706 posted:

Merry Christmas Horse Dogs

Gosh, he is delightful.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Balen the nearly 12 year old dane chased a pig the other day.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

A wild boar or like a teacup potbelly I need pics

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Hey -- I've got a Bernese. An eight-month-old male and I'm going to neuter him after he turns a year. Do you think I should do a gastropexy at the same time? I'm not sure if I can find a laparoscopic veterinary surgeon in my area, so it would likely be a full abdominal surgery.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

pizzadog posted:

A wild boar or like a teacup potbelly I need pics

They're potbelly/kune mixes. Amy caught one and crunched it. Maybe don't encourage your babies to try to attack the dogs, you idiot pigs.

Mourne posted:

Hey -- I've got a Bernese. An eight-month-old male and I'm going to neuter him after he turns a year. Do you think I should do a gastropexy at the same time? I'm not sure if I can find a laparoscopic veterinary surgeon in my area, so it would likely be a full abdominal surgery.

Get a giant dick implanted on it's forehead so it can be a berneseicorn imo.

Legit though it's up to you. Gastropexy just helps keep the gut where it belongs. It's not a failsafe but it can be good insurance. Gastropexys rip and dogs still die if they're unlucky. Mace is a cute little fuzzball. I usually suggest waiting til 2 for neutering if you're gonna do it, but be sure to find a vet who knows how to handle a breed while they're unconscious.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

What do you guys use for chew toys? Our mastiff is a heavy chewer and we used to get her stuffed femurs. The first one lasted about 6 months. Now that she's larger she chips off large shards of bone. Cow horns and antlers work very well, but within a day she'll have eroded about an inch of those (the ends turn soft and little porous pieces break off).

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Yo PNW goons, someone please adopt this 2 year old loving gorgeous Dane. He's great with people and other dogs(not sure about cats). He's at animal world rescue, just south of seattle

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Psychobabble! posted:

Yo PNW goons, someone please adopt this 2 year old loving gorgeous Dane. He's great with people and other dogs(not sure about cats). He's at animal world rescue, just south of seattle

Oh god, those soulful eyes. It's okay dog, I'm getting on an international flight to Seattle right this instant and coming for you, just please STOP STARING AT ME LIKE THAT! :cripes:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Psychobabble! posted:

bring him on down, balen will pee on him

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

The Halogens posted:

What do you guys use for chew toys? Our mastiff is a heavy chewer and we used to get her stuffed femurs. The first one lasted about 6 months. Now that she's larger she chips off large shards of bone. Cow horns and antlers work very well, but within a day she'll have eroded about an inch of those (the ends turn soft and little porous pieces break off).

http://www.goughnuts.com/ also check out http://www.michiganantlerart.com/ for custom hardness/size chews at good prices if you're okay with the risk of slab fractures

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 5, 2017

CatMotherMilfLover
Aug 3, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

This is Walter! He is a 5 month old Deerhound/Wolfhound mix, and I just love how gentle these big babies are!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

CatMotherMilfLover posted:

This is Walter! He is a 5 month old Deerhound/Wolfhound mix, and I just love how gentle these big babies are!

:3: Goodness, his face isn't even full grown yet. What a good lad.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Hi fellow big dog havers!

This is Dan. Dan had a rough life, we think he's about a year old but it's hard to be sure because we don't know where he came from. He was found wandering in the forest near where I live and it took 2 weeks for the rescue society to capture him. He was in pretty bad shape, malnourished, terrible coat problems and some utter fucker had done some amateur surgery to remove his microchip (presumably he'd been deliberately abandoned and the owners didn't want him to be traced back to them).

We brought him home after he'd been in the shelter for a couple of weeks and fell in love with him.

untitled-5.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

He loves playing in the snow

IMG_4628.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Running around in the mountains

IMG_5505.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

And sleeping.

Kiev19032.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

He's a giant marshmallow and such a good boy. The only bad thing is that he doesn't understand the difference between shoes and toys.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Helen Highwater posted:

Hi fellow big dog havers!

This is Dan. Dan had a rough life, we think he's about a year old but it's hard to be sure because we don't know where he came from. He was found wandering in the forest near where I live and it took 2 weeks for the rescue society to capture him. He was in pretty bad shape, malnourished, terrible coat problems and some utter fucker had done some amateur surgery to remove his microchip (presumably he'd been deliberately abandoned and the owners didn't want him to be traced back to them).

We brought him home after he'd been in the shelter for a couple of weeks and fell in love with him.

untitled-5.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Running around in the mountains

IMG_5505.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

And sleeping.

Kiev19032.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

He's a giant marshmallow and such a good boy. The only bad thing is that he doesn't understand the difference between shoes and toys.

Dan is awesome!

Did you post that snow picture on one of the Great Dane Instagram pages? I feel like I've seen that pic before

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I posted it on my Instagram, I don't remember it getting featured or reposted anywhere else. I certainly didn't get a credit for it if that happened.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Helen Highwater posted:

I posted it on my Instagram, I don't remember it getting featured or reposted anywhere else. I certainly didn't get a credit for it if that happened.

Perhaps we are Instagram friends and don't even know it lol

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Possibly. SerialForeigner is me. I also have a Flickr album of Dan, including pics of him playing with his other big dog pals over here.

Dan and his friend Ruby.

IMG_4589.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_3917.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Dan and Sasko (a Hovawart)

IMG_5674.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 27, 2017

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Helen Highwater posted:

Where did you get the giant snowsuit?

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
It's from a company called Hurtta. I don't think it's in their range anymore though. It's really well made and goes on quite easily, even when the dog is not cooperating very well.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Poor Dan's both the same age and the same story as a black male dane that was around here named Fischer last year. I like this dandog.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Helen Highwater posted:

It's from a company called Hurtta. I don't think it's in their range anymore though. It's really well made and goes on quite easily, even when the dog is not cooperating very well.

Huh, they actually have Great Dane sized stuff!. We have one local company here that makes reasonable priced jackets, etc, but their largest size only *just* fits Hana and she's a medium sized female. (130lbs).

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
In a kind of low mood today, so I put on The Ugly Dachshund. Came for the dachsies, stayed for the Dane. I thought this thread might appreciate it too!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My beautiful, wonderful boy Balen just passed away this evening at the age of 11 years and 347 days. He would have been 12 on the 25th. There will never be another like him. I've been posting about that dog for over 8 years in this forum, PI. I'll miss it.

I'll miss him.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

:(
So sorry

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sorry for your loss. That sucks.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Balen was the Best Dog. Heart goes out to you, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

My beautiful, wonderful boy Balen just passed away this evening at the age of 11 years and 347 days. He would have been 12 on the 25th. There will never be another like him. I've been posting about that dog for over 8 years in this forum, PI. I'll miss it.

I'll miss him.

The Chairman has left the boardroom. :smith: