Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Huh apparently I've been getting these Nanoblock things repackaged as Micro Brix at Five Below. Less options but I can deal with that and the iffy quality for a mere $3. Usually I find that most of the pieces don't want to come apart once placed so you'd better put them in the right spot the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Nanoblocks lens themselves well to sturdy designs. I have their golden temple and grand piano models - the temple is very sturdy, apart from a few small details, while the piano falls apart if you look at it wrong. Echoing the poor instructions, though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'm clearing out some of my collection, and I figured I'd give you guys first dibs before moving it to eBay and Bricklink. My asking prices are in line with Bricklink:

7778 - Midi-scale Millennium Falcon $55
70704 - Vermin Vaporizer $38
75005 - Rancor Pit $70
76021 - The Milano Spaceship Rescue $70
- Includes Rocket minifig and printed Groot pieces from 76020
7592 - Construct-A-Buzz $22
- Includes brand new sticker sheet
75025 - Jedi Defender-class Cruiser $70
- Doesn't include any minifigures or their accessories

LEGO Batman CMF:
Fairy Batman $4
Barbara Gordon $3
Commissioner Gordon x2 $3
Pink Power Batgirl $3
Red Hood x2 $4
Zodiac Master x2 $3
March Harriet x3 $4

LEGO CMF Series 16:
Dog Show Winner $3

LEGO CMF Series 5:
Lizard Man $11

LEGO CMF Series 4:
Hockey Player $7

LEGO CMF Series 2:
Surfer $8

LEGO CMF Series 1:
Zombie (missing shovel) $18
Magician $10

The sets were all assembled at one point, with stickers applied. All stickers are in good condition except 7592, but that's why it comes with a brand new sticker sheet. Sets should be complete, I did a pretty thorough parts inventory and Bricklink'd the few pieces that were missing. If you buy something and run into an issue, I'm more than willing to help you out. Shipping from 77059, send me a PM if interested.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Those brickheads suck just as much as Pop figures but at least you can take them apart and make something cool out of them.

Also mega Blocks was already doing the exact same thing so it's kind of funny that Lego is actually sort of ripping off mega Blocks.

Lego revealed the BrickHeadz last July for SDCC 2016, where they were an exclusive collectable. MegaBloks introduced their Kubros at Toy Fair in Feb 2016, but I'm not sure when they were available. We all know Lego doesn't develop a product line in 5 months.
The Kubros look like they're slightly more posable than the BrickHeadz, and they're more expensive at $15 each as opposed to Lego's $10, though I think the Kubros average more parts.

As an aside, why is it that if I go to megabloks.com, it's all toddler crap? I have to go to megaconstrux.com and then click on Worlds to see their licensed stuff, or megabrands.com to see links to both. You'd think they'd keep it all under one brand and website for ease of use. kubros.com doesn't even have a placeholder redirect or squatter, but ninjago.com and bionicle.com go straight to Lego's sites (though nexoknights.com is squatted). Megabloks' own shopping site doesn't list 2/3rds of their Kubros...unless you go to the the specific character on megaconstrux, then click on Visit Shop. You click to go up one level in the shop, and it only lists the latest wave. What idiots do they have running their web presence?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Big Mean Jerk posted:

LEGO CMF Series 5:
Lizard Man $11

LEGO CMF Series 1:
Zombie (missing shovel) $18

Lowball offer of $20 shipped for these?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Waltzing Along posted:

Lowball offer of $20 shipped for these?

$24 and you've got a deal.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why more for certain batman CMF than others? Those are all fair prices I'm just curious.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

Why more for certain batman CMF than others? Those are all fair prices I'm just curious.

Just going by Bricklink prices. I was pretty tired when I made the list, so I hadn't realized most were only $1 difference. Consider them all $3.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
As an example of the pac man instructions, some steps are placing bricks in a layer next to each other, and then attaching a layer above that has bricks that don't connect to the the bricks beneath. They literally have to hover in place until you get to the next step or three.

I have seen someone claim they're meant to be puzzles that you're supposed to figure out, but I think that's a bit "hurr hurr jokes on you- I was only pretending to be a dumbass!".

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just curious if anyone has these sets they'd want to trade. I have a bunch of stuff I can list if need be.

Droid escape 2016
Jabbas sail barge (newer version)
Desert skiff (newer version)

Slave Leia or disguised lando minifigures in the even no one has those last 2 sets they want to get rid of.

Still on my quest to get every tatooine weirdo.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Goonies Lego Dimensions. Don't care about the game but I'd love a Sloth minifig.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Finally got around to building the UCS Slave 1.

I have never seen a set with so many spare pieces. We are talking ~70 small pieces, such as 1x1 rounds (5 of the metallic one and 3 of the black one), 1x1 cheese wedges, 1x1 plates. Multiple minifig guns. That visor that Bobba Fett has on his helmet came with a whole bag of them, literally 5 visors and 5 antennas even though the Bobba minifig only uses 1 of each.
All the spares are tiny pieces like these.
I almost think that i missed several instruction steps which only contained small pieces but that seems unlikely.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Nah you get a bag of visors with every boba fett. Spare parts are the best, it's always little bits like cheese wedges that you can never have too many of.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Ineptitude posted:

Finally got around to building the UCS Slave 1.

I have never seen a set with so many spare pieces. We are talking ~70 small pieces, such as 1x1 rounds (5 of the metallic one and 3 of the black one), 1x1 cheese wedges, 1x1 plates. Multiple minifig guns. That visor that Bobba Fett has on his helmet came with a whole bag of them, literally 5 visors and 5 antennas even though the Bobba minifig only uses 1 of each.
All the spares are tiny pieces like these.
I almost think that i missed several instruction steps which only contained small pieces but that seems unlikely.

This usually happens when a set is due to retire.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Only thing I could think when I saw this image was that those heads are in really good condition and I want them. :v:

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

xzzy posted:

Only thing I could think when I saw this image was that those heads are in really good condition and I want them. :v:

The creator modulars always have the oldschool yellow head with a smile, so there's a lot of them out in the world in good condition.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not with a solid stud though, solid stud minifig heads disappeared in the 90's so that is a legit old piece.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

This usually happens when a set is due to retire.

What do you mean?

I bought the UCS Slave 1 on 1st of January 2015 so i doubt it was about to retire.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Ineptitude posted:

What do you mean?

I bought the UCS Slave 1 on 1st of January 2015 so i doubt it was about to retire.

Oh right. Well normally when a set is about to retire you'll find that the last sets off the production line has extra spare pieces as the company ramps down that set and gets rid of extras/over compensates.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Normally every bag that contains a small piece contains an extra of that piece because the scales used to ensure the correct number of parts are in each bag aren't accurate enough. Not sure about the visors though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There are certain classes of parts that you always get an extra of, and I'm pretty sure visors fall into that class. And it's not an extra per lego set, it's an extra per plastic bag inside the set.

Like you will always have an extra 1x1 round stud, an extra antenna, and an extra cheese wedge in every color that comes in the bag.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ika posted:

Normally every bag that contains a small piece contains an extra of that piece because the scales used to ensure the correct number of parts are in each bag aren't accurate enough. Not sure about the visors though.

Someone mentioned there was another set with more visors and antennas needed, and that they likely just reused the same packages for the fig in that set rather than adding another bag type to their inventory.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ika posted:

I thought it was because the 1x1x1 pieces were the easiest to lose so they always gave one extra. Your reason makes more sense, though.

Llyr
Mar 24, 2010

Music is the best
Just curious: how often do you get a missing piece in a set?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not once in 35 years of getting lego sets. :v:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I got a baseplate in the wrong size in a pet store modular once (one of the smaller roof ones). Lego sent out a replacement immediately.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Never. I always think "Aha! They forgot this time!" And then it turns out to be hiding under a piece or in a tire or still in the bag hiding in a crinkle.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Llyr posted:

In the last 2 sets I have built. Strange, that. None before. Then 2 in a row.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

VaultAggie posted:

Never. I always think "Aha! They forgot this time!" And then it turns out to be hiding under a piece or in a tire or still in the bag hiding in a crinkle.

Me: for every major set I've bought lately. * Hunts around for 20 minutes*
"Welp, it finally happened..."

"Oh, it was in between the pages of the instruction manual..."

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
For me it's more "those idiots messed up the instructions, everything is offset a stud... too... many. Oh..."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Feenix posted:

Me: for every major set I've bought lately. * Hunts around for 20 minutes*
"Welp, it finally happened..."

"Oh, it was right in front of me, upside down."

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Biggest gently caress up was my Helm's Deep set came missing two entire bags, and with one extra instruction manual. Ringing Lego they said to return it to the retailer for a replacement as they'd sort it out quicker than they could send everything, so I did, minus every minifigure, horse, and anything else interesting I wanted.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Butterfly Valley posted:

Biggest gently caress up was my Helm's Deep set came missing two entire bags, and with one extra instruction manual. Ringing Lego they said to return it to the retailer for a replacement as they'd sort it out quicker than they could send everything, so I did, minus every minifigure, horse, and anything else interesting I wanted.

Rude

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Butterfly Valley posted:

You're a shitbag

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

xzzy posted:

There are certain classes of parts that you always get an extra of, and I'm pretty sure visors fall into that class. And it's not an extra per lego set, it's an extra per plastic bag inside the set.

Like you will always have an extra 1x1 round stud, an extra antenna, and an extra cheese wedge in every color that comes in the bag.

Didn't know about those visors. Is it considered a consumable since they send you a whole bag of em?

Llyr posted:

Not once in 32 year of Lego

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

xzzy posted:

I don't think it's one extra of every color, that would be pretty ridiculous. They just err on the side of caution and you'll always have some random extra pieces of small poo poo.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

You're a shitbag

Just to play devil's advocate and as an ex-retail employee; since he would be returning a package with missing pieces we would not be able to put the product back out. We would have to take it to our shrink department, where it will be returned for credit. There would be no way to tell if he took the minifigs or anything like that and we would still get credit. Still a crummy thing to act proud about but still there is no real harm in doing so.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My Green Grocer came with one too few green 1x4 bricks, but one too many 1x3s. I thought about writing to Lego but always figure, let's not overdo it for one brick. Anyway I can build it so the gap is in a corner and you barely notice.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Printing errors make valuable stamps and poo poo even way more valuable.

Your Green Grocer is probably worth millions now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's been so long, but I think the only time I had significant missing part was for an old star destroyer set. It was a 2x12 plate or something, had no idea about being able to write lego for missing pieces at the time so I just found a piece from my collection to take it's place.