Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Green Intern posted:

So if Nighteye's power works by maintaining eye contact (if the translation is to be believed), then Deku should close his eyes while he bounces around the room. Take a page out of Mirio's book and move without seeing.

I don't think Deku knows that. It's stated to be a "company secret".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Green Intern posted:

So if Nighteye's power works by maintaining eye contact (if the translation is to be believed), then Deku should close his eyes while he bounces around the room. Take a page out of Mirio's book and move without seeing.

I don't think he has to maintain eye contact. The way I understood it is he touches someone and makes eye contact (maybe at the same time? Not clear on this) and then he can predict their movement for up to one hour.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Green Intern posted:

Nighteye's power is foresight though. That means he sees things before they happen, not during it. So he's gonna, what, foresee what Deku's gonna do and then break eye contact and go "oh jeepers crumpets I forgot what it was"?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Yeah all he needs to do is touch someone and make eye contact and he knows all their actions for the next hour. Breaking eye contact is meaningless.

It seems like he can't read lips though. So the way to beat him is by saying something he doesn't expect.

Speaking of foresight...this Quirk is definitely going to get him killed by Overhaul, right? The guy who kills you instantly if you touch him? :ohdear:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Huh, I knew it was generally following the styles and arcs of American comics, but I didn't put the watchmen and DoS thing together. That's really neat, and as you said, perfectly placed.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Vengarr posted:

Yeah all he needs to do is touch someone and make eye contact and he knows all their actions for the next hour. Breaking eye contact is meaningless.

It seems like he can't read lips though. So the way to beat him is by saying something he doesn't expect.

Speaking of foresight...this Quirk is definitely going to get him killed by Overhaul, right? The guy who kills you instantly if you touch him? :ohdear:

Hes going to make sir laugh and that lets him drop his guard for a sec

bondster
May 6, 2007

I don't think we are ever gonna see a power that can be so ridiculously hard countered by Aizawa :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Sir Nighteye is going to touch an enemy and see his own imminent and unavoidable death eventually.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Vengarr posted:

That's why he loves humor so much. The constant subversion of expectations is quite refreshing to him.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

bondster posted:

I don't think we are ever gonna see a power that can be so ridiculously hard countered by Aizawa :v:

Tsuyu already exists, though?????

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kuroyama posted:

That's why he loves humor so much. The constant subversion of expectations is quite refreshing to him.
That... actually makes perfect sense.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does Nighteye see the future for 1 hour, or is he able to predict what you'll do for 1 hour?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gyges posted:

Does Nighteye see the future for 1 hour, or is he able to predict what you'll do for 1 hour?

Becomes the ultimate tsukkomi

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I guess Sir didn't become a 3-star hunter by luck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gyges posted:

Probably the latter.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

Tsuyu already exists, though?????

Aizawa doesnt effect people with "constant" abilities.

She cant turn off the frog.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Nighteye's power is actually kind of bad in terms of pure combat. He has to touch you to predict your actions. Other people have Quirks that can kill you with a touch, not to mention the people who can attack from a distance. It matches up decently against defense-oriented people like Kirishima, I guess. It has other uses, though. It seems very useful for information-gathering. Disguise yourself, brush against someone you're suspicious of in a crowded street, and you can find out where they'll go and what they'll do in the next hour

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He could easily tail someone by knowing what direction they choose to go, but he doesn't seem to be a precog who knows one hour of your future. Still good for info gathering and most fights though. Also pretty sweet if he can pull it off for a hostage negotiation or other type of police stand off.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Silver2195 posted:

Nighteye's power is actually kind of bad in terms of pure combat.

Dude is Batman with super-foresight. He'll be fine in combat.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

It seems very useful for information-gathering. Disguise yourself, brush against someone you're suspicious of in a crowded street, and you can find out where they'll go and what they'll do in the next hour

unless he needs to maintain eye contact. it wasn't very clear on that point imo

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KoB posted:

Aizawa doesnt effect people with "constant" abilities.

She cant turn off the frog.

That is the point, yes, because that means his power is not a hard counter to it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dragonatrix posted:

That is the point, yes, because that means his power is not a hard counter to it.

Foresight is an activated quirk, Aizawa can totally block that. He can't block physical mutations like Tsuyu's, but he WOULD be able to block her camouflage.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Dragonatrix posted:

You read the first post wrong then. They were saying Nighteye wouldn't be able to do anything against Aizawa since his power requires eye contact to activate, and eye contact is how Aizawa's power nullification ability works.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

trucutru posted:

Batman with super-foresight

That's not only redundant, it's repetitive.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

translation is not necessarily perfect

heres how i read it

he touches you and looks in your eyes (no homo)
after that, he can predict what you're going to do with 100% accuracy (are you going to jump? he predicts that. attack him? he predicts that too)
he doesn't see the future as such, like he doesn't know in advance how you're going to react to something you haven't done/seen yet, but he knows what you're going to do next

the trick to beating him would be to respond to something he did faster than he can react to you reacting to him, or just overwhelming him so completely that he has nowhere to go (which is what deku is trying to do)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Theoretically you could also start throwing/shooting things off other things to hit him with a ricochet. Probably depends on the relative strength of your trigonometric prowess verses his though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

logger posted:

You read the first post wrong then.

Yeah, I did. I just read it as a sarcastic "when are we going to get a power that Aizawa can't void" somehow.

Speaking of reading things maybe wrong, I found it interesting that Nighteye mentioned he already has 2 sidekicks and 1 intern. Mirio is the intern and Bubble Girl is one of the sidekicks, but that leaves someone left that we haven't met here that could be useful in this little test or sometime immediately afterwards. That could just be Mangastream being, well, Mangastream and he was referring to himself of course, since he's All Might's former sidekick but I dunno for sure,

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gyges posted:

Theoretically you could also start throwing/shooting things off other things to hit him with a ricochet. Probably depends on the relative strength of your trigonometric prowess verses his though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGnd9dR8tnc

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

He could also use his foresight to perfectly co-ordinate his movements with those of an ally. Or more than one ally if he's able to use the quirk "against" multiple people at a time.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I think that's a critical point. He can see what Deku is going to do, but can he see how the environment is going to change as a result?

I'm betting we're going for victory by environmental kill here.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also, its great if he can see what Deku is going to do, but if Deku can move fast enough, what can he really do to stop it?

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I want to get a super limited edition All Might tapestry

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Obviously deku just needs to go so fast that not even he can predict where he will land

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The chapter ends with him accidentally careening out the window and passing because sir thought it was funny as heck

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Sir already gave him the answer right from the beginning. "I care not what happens to this room". So collapse the floor under him Deku.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

The chapter ends with him accidentally careening out the window and passing because sir thought it was funny as heck
I would genuinely love this.

Edit FA has the chapter up, if anyone else is like me and forgot to check until just now. :downs:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

That would be good but I think this is Sir using his ability to push Deku to his limits to see why All Might chose him.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I would like to see Sir laugh, because I think it'd be pretty glorious -- or potentially terrifying.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's extremely difficult to "out speed" a precog, as things like reaction speed effectively don't matter. You've got to out speed the nerve impulses themselves.

I really really doubt Deku can manage that sort of speed. All Might in his prime very probably couldn't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
All Might could have done it easily. I mean, he ran across the country in minutes right before the fight where he lost his powers for good, among other ridiculous feats of speed we've seen from him. Human reaction time, or even human movement in advance, can't outspeed that.