Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:geno: :geno:

e: aw man wtf it worked in the preview. fine.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Big D

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

MorgaineDax posted:

I would like to hear about bad dress.

The gist that it wasn't feminist enough and that she refused to wear a corset because corsets = bad, even though plenty of actresses could and have worn corsets, and it's not the ridiculous kind of organ destroying corset of ye olde days. Corsets are intended to support the form of dresses, not squeeze the organs out of you. She also demanded total creative control over the dress and now instead of it being designed by someone who knows how to create period accurate and interesting dresses, it looks like a 4 yo slapped sparkles and ruffles all nilly willy over it. Many are upset at Watson due to this potentially ruining the clothing designer's career(s) just because she didn't like a dress. Belle's yellow dress, though not being period accurate in the cartoon film, is quite iconic and there was potential to make another such iconic dress in this new movie.

Links go to images of the dress. Not sure if it counts are spoilers or not but I'll still link it.
https://68.media.tumblr.com/11c7f91144e069b1ebf048a7810a37dc/tumblr_inline_omtd3zVn0W1udytem_540.png
https://68.media.tumblr.com/948060b7a5c6c188db37767089ab63fe/tumblr_inline_omtd7eTSff1udytem_540.png

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Could u post links going over this please?

e: CineD is all about primary sources, we love five things in CineD: primary sources, posdting the year & D.p. of movies, pretending 2 agree with film analysis to trick outsiders into embarassing themselves, and A/B testing

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 18, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

How dare that loving oval office assert any form of creative control! :qq:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vagabundo posted:

How dare that loving oval office assert any form of creative control! :qq:

:catstare:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

value-brand cereal posted:

The gist that it wasn't feminist enough and that she refused to wear a corset because corsets = bad, even though plenty of actresses could and have worn corsets, and it's not the ridiculous kind of organ destroying corset of ye olde days. Corsets are intended to support the form of dresses, not squeeze the organs out of you. She also demanded total creative control over the dress and now instead of it being designed by someone who knows how to create period accurate and interesting dresses, it looks like a 4 yo slapped sparkles and ruffles all nilly willy over it. Many are upset at Watson due to this potentially ruining the clothing designer's career(s) just because she didn't like a dress. Belle's yellow dress, though not being period accurate in the cartoon film, is quite iconic and there was potential to make another such iconic dress in this new movie.

Links go to images of the dress. Not sure if it counts are spoilers or not but I'll still link it.
https://68.media.tumblr.com/11c7f91144e069b1ebf048a7810a37dc/tumblr_inline_omtd3zVn0W1udytem_540.png
https://68.media.tumblr.com/948060b7a5c6c188db37767089ab63fe/tumblr_inline_omtd7eTSff1udytem_540.png

If a six year old sees it, will they think Emma Watson is wearing a pretty dress? If so they've made a successful Belle dress.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Hat Thoughts posted:

Could u post links going over this please?

e: CineD is all about primary sources, we love five things in CineD: primary sources, posdting the year & D.p. of movies, pretending 2 agree with film analysis to trick outsiders into embarassing themselves, and A/B testing

If there's a thread to stick it in, sure. I think this one's been derailed enough over Watson's career lol

You also forget the sixth favorite thing: bolding movie titles for some reason or another, even in tiny, two sentence paragraphs.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Skwirl posted:

If a six year old sees it, will they think Emma Watson is wearing a pretty dress? If so they've made a successful Belle dress.

I dunno, ask a 6 year old. Or all of them?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

If there's a thread to stick it in, sure. I think this one's been derailed enough over Watson's career lol

just post it here, please

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

You also forget the sixth favorite thing: bolding movie titles for some reason or another, even in tiny, two sentence paragraphs.

parenthetical year

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Also drat, whoa. Everybody check out that junk. Are there poster precedents for tight jeans containing a huge package? I want to see them

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lol at this this post but especially the sensationalist attempt to give gravity to any of this by saying it would ruin the clothing designer's career(S!).

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Powaqoatse posted:

Also drat, whoa. Everybody check out that junk. Are there poster precedents for tight jeans containing a huge package? I want to see them

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It took me chasing down quotes about big dicks to get me to pay enough attention to Mindhorn to notice that it's got Julian Barratt in it

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mr. Squishy posted:

It took me chasing down quotes about big dicks to get me to pay enough attention to Mindhorn to notice that it's got Julian Barratt in it

If Noel's in it too that's a must see.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Powaqoatse posted:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

According to Keith Richards Mick Jagger has a tiny dilz but huge gonads. So from his bulge it looks like he has a massive schlong but that's just a mirage created by his engorged nutsack.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
During that era it was apparently a trend amongst that set to get an erection, put a cock ring on, and squeeze into some tight jeans and walk around that way.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I'm really interested to see if this sticks to being a post-apocalyptic fantasy western thing or embraces the absolute bugfuck insanity of the later books.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

1stGear posted:

I'm really interested to see if this sticks to being a post-apocalyptic fantasy western thing or embraces the absolute bugfuck insanity of the later books.

The leaked trailer definitely looked like they were mashing up the Jake stuff from The Wastelands into The Gunslinger.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I didn't know Mathew Mcconaughey was so short

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
THE.......idris elba

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

1stGear posted:

I would def appreciate seeing them have to save a CG young Steven King from the Evil Haunted Van that the Crimson King sent to destroy the universe by running him over while he's jogging.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait to see The Idris Elba Matthew McConaughey Dark Tower

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

"Hmmm. We need a poster for this movie called The Dark Tower that jumps between modern New York and another world that has a Dark Tower in it. How do we cleverly illustrate this?"

"I know - let's use complementary outlines that form a Dark Tower made completely from white light!"

"That will make the skyline look weird."

"Well, what if we turn the skyline upside down like on the Doctor Strange poster?"

"Genius. Tell the Photoshop kid he has 15 minutes."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That poster rules.
Is there any clearer look at the fellow in the top left? The image is poorly scaled at full res.

I do like that those two in the city barely register. It's the extreme other end to floating heads.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

muscles like this! posted:

The leaked trailer definitely looked like they were mashing up the Jake stuff from The Wastelands into The Gunslinger.

They're mixing a lot of things in. Official photos indicate that they are also introducing elements from books 6 and 7 into this movie.

That's probably one of the more brilliant things about this series. That they can change so much, and still have it be canonical.

The movie was originally supposed to be out by now, but they pushed it back to the summer. I wonder if that was a sign of faith, or that it's absolutely terrible.

The fact that they haven't released an official trailer does worry me.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They will always show something new on the 19th of every month.

The movie is also confirmed to be a sequel to the books. New cycle, but Roland now has the Horn.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

feedmyleg posted:

During that era it was apparently a trend amongst that set to get an erection, put a cock ring on, and squeeze into some tight jeans and walk around that way.
"Then the baggy-pants nineties kicked off an era of genital denialism"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

That poster rules.
Is there any clearer look at the fellow in the top left? The image is poorly scaled at full res.

I do like that those two in the city barely register. It's the extreme other end to floating heads.

I'm assuming that's Jackie Earle Haley's character.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

They're mixing a lot of things in. Official photos indicate that they are also introducing elements from books 6 and 7 into this movie.

That's probably one of the more brilliant things about this series. That they can change so much, and still have it be canonical.

The movie was originally supposed to be out by now, but they pushed it back to the summer. I wonder if that was a sign of faith, or that it's absolutely terrible.

The fact that they haven't released an official trailer does worry me.

It'll probably be pretty terrible, but the fact that they've rewritten so much means that it might actually work as a movie.
And no official trailer, even months after the leak of one, and a six month delay doesnt look good.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I haven't read them, but supposedly this isn't an adaptation of the books. It's a sequel-slash-remix, which shows the events that happen when he walks through the door the final time with the horn.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
So how many books do I have to read to prepare myself for this?

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

According to Keith Richards Mick Jagger has a tiny dilz but huge gonads. So from his bulge it looks like he has a massive schlong but that's just a mirage created by his engorged nutsack.

That's a nice burn by Keith, but that photo isn't Mick.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

So how many books do I have to read to prepare myself for this?

Ideally, none. It's a sequel/remix/alternate take so it should be able to stand on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Out of interest can anyone think of an adaptation where reading the book is preferable?