Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
AND NOTHING OF NOTE HAS HAPPENED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
What are you talking about? This was probably the best axed conclusion chapter i've ever seen. It had everything: Kaguya's arguably best "How cute" face, Ishigami being left out and abused, people finally cottoning on the fact that Fujiwara played them all along, and a last minute secret compartment reveal.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

HenryEx posted:

What are you talking about? This was probably the best axed conclusion chapter i've ever seen. It had everything: Kaguya's arguably best "How cute" face, Ishigami being left out and abused, people finally cottoning on the fact that Fujiwara played them all along, and a last minute secret compartment reveal.
I think the translator is trolling people for April's fools:

Nate RFB posted:

Twas a good ride.

The raw has it as "49", not "Final Chapter", as well as "Is this really the end?" stinger on the side.

I also saw a few comments about it restarting in another magazine? [citation needed] on this.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

lol

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Somehow i got two chapters behind on Please Love Useless Me, now that's fixed and it is still sweet and hilarious.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

I also saw a few comments about it restarting in another magazine? [citation needed] on this.

it restarted in another magazine early in its run, after like 10 chapters.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Edmond Dantes posted:

Someone missed that the tweet about that was from a year ago.

Hyun.
May 8, 2008
I'm a bit late to the party, but I just finished Scum's Wish. Did they do the creepy thing and imply that Ebato ends up with her cousin at the end, or did I read that wrong?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Yeah when it switched from monthly to weekly

You know what this means though: 4koma

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Edmond Dantes posted:

Next time on Kaguya: The exact same people are elected to the next student council.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Cake Attack posted:

Paracelsus posted:

Someone missed that the tweet about that was from a year ago.

Whoops. Thanks for pointing that out.

Pavlov posted:

Next time on Kaguya: The exact same people are elected to the next student council.

It better.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
In case anyone else missed it, the group that picked up Wotaku where zoglin left off put out chapter 15 last week and 16 today.

The chapter 15 cover is good:

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Lemon-Lime posted:

In case anyone else missed it, the group that picked up Wotaku where zoglin left off put out chapter 15 last week and 16 today.

Holy poo poo, it is a series about goonmeet romances....

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hypha posted:

Holy poo poo, it is a series about goonmeet romances....

They're actually cute, though.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

I've known some cute ones.The cutest one broke up over FYAD cred. It was an amazing trainwreck.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Hypha posted:

I've known some cute ones.The cutest one broke up over FYAD cred. It was an amazing trainwreck.

Hahaha, are you serious? I almost want to know more, but please don't tell me.

"Love... love is beautiful, but love is a diversion. What matters to me most is the esteem of my fellow shitposters..."

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Hypha posted:

who was that

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Matoi Ryuko posted:

who was that

I knew Nessa personally for a time. I don't remember the guy's username right now. FYAD did their worst so I'm not going to add anything except I thought they were a cute couple when I did know them.

E: This is the worst thread for this kind of derail....

Hypha fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 3, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Something like Kijima-kun would be a good BL to adapt to anime, it's just cute silliness for the most part and has 8 volumes and is still ongoing. the story once the couples pair up (which happens really fast) is very episodic as well. I wish the manga translation was better since it's kind of a rough read but at least they release regularly.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Lemon-Lime posted:

Why are these guys pretending to not date again? Is it cus they're coworkers, or is spineless highschooler syndrome leaking into the workplace now?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Coworkers thing I think

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

Something like Kijima-kun would be a good BL to adapt to anime, it's just cute silliness for the most part and has 8 volumes and is still ongoing. the story once the couples pair up (which happens really fast) is very episodic as well. I wish the manga translation was better since it's kind of a rough read but at least they release regularly.

Actually they should adapt Itoshi no Nekkoke to anime after the astounding success of Rakugo

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

Actually they should adapt Itoshi no Nekkoke to anime after the astounding success of Rakugo

well yeah they should definitely do that, but also they could at least stop adapting the creepy ones and just find something that has a lot of chapters and is just cute and silly

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I also think Honto Yajuu would make an excellent anime.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

well yeah they should definitely do that, but also they could at least stop adapting the creepy ones and just find something that has a lot of chapters and is just cute and silly

I have basically nothing which has a guy/guy pairing. What would you recommend for maximum diabeetus with minimized creep factor? I have absolutely no hang-ups on whatever the bent of the couples are but I was under the impression that a lot of the gay material was full of problematic stuff for some reason. Some yuri stuff like Kase-san got recommended, so what is the good stuff for the other side of the coin?

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Hypha posted:

I have basically nothing which has a guy/guy pairing. What would you recommend for maximum diabeetus with minimized creep factor? I have absolutely no hang-ups on whatever the bent of the couples are but I was under the impression that a lot of the gay material was full of problematic stuff for some reason. Some yuri stuff like Kase-san got recommended, so what is the good stuff for the other side of the coin?

Itoshi no Nekkoke is kind of peak sweetness I think. I usually go for more serious or laid back BL, but I recently liked Joou to Shitateya by Scarlet Beriko (careful of some of her other stuff, though).

For more laid back stuff, I'd recommend Ichikawa Kei, especially Blue Sky Complex. I'm also gonna recommend Yamashita Tomoko, like I always do. Start with Dining Bar Akira, but be aware that some of her oneshots have unhappy endings if that bothers you.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hypha posted:

You're pretty safe reading pretty much anything by Kotetsuko Yamamoto, like off the top of my head I think the worst "problematic" situation you might run into is stepbrothers becoming couples and most of her stuff is very sweet, comedic, and slice of life-y. Some is licensed as well so you can buy an official (digital) translation.

tbh I'm feeling kinda lazy and want to go play video games and I'm terrible at remembering titles so I'm just gonna link you to a response I made to a post asking for non-creepy BL and if you happen to browse through my posts I link to various things with short reviews or at least descriptions and warnings. In general, if you look at tags (people on mangago tag obsessively or double-check on mangaupdates) most of the creepy stuff is well tagged.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Since Steam now sells anime I picked up Orange Letter and watched it. I enjoyed it a lot. But... man. :smith:

I really liked that it actually treated depression as something serious instead of merely something you can just go genki and get over in five minutes. The lack of antagonist rear end in a top hat characters being assholes for the sake of being assholes was nice too.
Also regarding the ending, I'm a horrible person for wishing they'd fail to save him. But I'm not disappointed by the ending.. Maybe I'm weird for thinking episode 12 was my favorite too.

Um... so, are there other series like it? :)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Have you seen AnoHana? That's what you want, if you haven't.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Itoshi no Nekkoke has been the most uh, relatable? BL for me as a gay guy, Blue Sky Complex is super good, Scarlet Beriko draws some A+ girly guys

the Fumai Hen where they shave each other's balls and then both leave work early because their balls are so itchy and gently caress is lmao and ftw

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:stare:

a kitten posted:

Have you seen AnoHana? That's what you want, if you haven't.
Yup, seen that. Thanks anyway. :)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

I also think Honto Yajuu would make an excellent anime.

I want it so bad don't remind me

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

I want it so bad don't remind me

did you know about the Brothers sequel and her new one with a guy who talks to birds

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

did you know about the Brothers sequel and her new one with a guy who talks to birds

Honestly I've only read Honto Yajuu but bird talking sounds like my thing

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

Honestly I've only read Honto Yajuu but bird talking sounds like my thing

it looks cute so far but it's brand new so just one chapter :(

I like her baseball guys so if you want something else to read that's complete you could check those out. They're all interconnected but there's like 3 different main couples for each story and she's a big baseball fan which shows (because she likes looking at guys in tight pants lmao).

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Yeah I think at the time I was kind of tired of highschool stuff but I think I'll check out the baseball one

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It starts with Chuchun ga Chun which is set in college but after that they're all pros. Love and Baseball ended up being my favorite one because it's just so chill -- there's some fairly serious drama but the way it's treated and how it resolves is low-key; I wish it had been longer but it possibly would have ended up boring because of that lol.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 5, 2017

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

*show posts by this user. *Ctrl-A *Ctrl-C *Ctrl-V

Well that was easy. Thank you.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:cheerdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU