Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

Speaking of Toga, where the gently caress is Kemi?

We're up to more than a few days after the provisional test. Toga still playing her at school? You'd think that'd come up sooner.

Using Toga to cause a huge, successful, incident at Japan's number 2 hero academy would work as a good win for the villain alliance while not taking any of our main and side characters off the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Speaking of Toga, where the gently caress is Kemi?

We're up to more than a few days after the provisional test. Toga still playing her at school? You'd think that'd come up sooner.

She was chilling with the rest of the squad, so either Kemi's dead and it'll come up soon or they managed to brainwash her into forgetting she was kidnapped (the smarter thing to do).

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gyges posted:

Using Toga to cause a huge, successful, incident at Japan's number 2 hero academy would work as a good win for the villain alliance while not taking any of our main and side characters off the board.

I mean, kidnapping and impersonating a student from the number 2 hero academy is already a pretty huge incident. Whether or not Kemi is dead will indicate how big it'll be.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my hero academia is insanely ownage

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That animation was perfect.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This adaptation is amazing and is everything I hoped for. :allears:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm finally reading this again after taking a break for ages due to nebulous life reasons. I'm at the part where the baddies attack them at summer camp and Deku just threw a 100% punch at muscle man. :getin:

e: That is not supposed to happen, guy. You should be bouncing of the moon rn

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

EmmyOk posted:

I'm finally reading this again after taking a break for ages due to nebulous life reasons. I'm at the part where the baddies attack them at summer camp and Deku just threw a 100% punch at muscle man. :getin:

Oh boy, you're in for some fun.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

do remember it's like 100% of the 5or6% his body can handle

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Elfgames posted:

do remember it's like 100% of the 5or6% his body can handle

I think he's always going at 5% though because in the Stain fight he hurts his arm towards the end and Gran Torino chastises him for going over his 5% limit. I don't think his 100% is as strong as All Might's because I assume All For One passes on slowly which is why All Might still has so much power left but Deku's 100% is still absurdly strong. I think I've said it before but I really love how is training was to do with him being a non-natural Quirk user and learning to use it like a born ability as opposed to an on off switch. Really clever way of letting him grow and improve without it just being "I can use more % now".

Bakugo just got kidnapped from the forest lodge and I'm reading the aftermath of that now. Current theories that aren't exactly mentally taxing (but could easily be wrong) are 1) The traitor is the Pussy Cat who disappeared 2) Dabi is one of Endeavour's failsons AKA Todoroki's brother. I should have realised this as soon as he used fire as opposed to when he makes eye contact with Todoroki.

Best Cop Friend just called to tell All Might about the villain's pub and he transformed , aw yeahhhh!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Deku isn't using 100% of OfA's power. He's using 100% of what he can safely use without, y'know, permanently injuring himself or worse.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

Deku isn't using 100% of OfA's power. He's using 100% of what he can safely use without, y'know, permanently injuring himself or worse.

Against muscleman he blew apart both his arms though. He also used 1M power which I know the author clarified was not what was actually happening but rather just showed how hard he was trying so it seemed like he was using everything available to him currently.

e: I know nothing of Best Jeanist but I know I love him

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 4, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

http://bato.to/reader#bd47bca0747403dc_19

Heck yes

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Bakugou will never not be the best

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Bakugou will never not be the best

I have a super soft-spot for Todoroki and his fear of "am I possessed by an evil handcrushing spirit". Also Yaoyorozu's a real sweetheart and I'm always so happy when she shows confidence. Yuga is still a prince who will never stop sparkling even though he cowered in the forest :saddowns:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dragonatrix posted:

Deku didn't really start restraining himself from using 100% of all available power until Gran Torino taught him to do the constant 5%. Then when that constant 5% wasn't enough against Muscle Man, Deku once again opened the flood gates and went full power, which nearly permanently ruined his arms. Now he uses his legs instead of his arms, and managed to up his constant % threshold. The only thing keeping him from once again going full power and hurting himself is that he promised his mom he wouldn't.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That's my understanding of it though I haven't gotten to the promise part yet. I also suspect his current 100% isn't the max power of OfA as it is still passing from All Might to Deku.

In work atm :saddowns: But my official VIZ back issues start on chapter 87 a.k.a. the chapter where All Might bursts into the pub. Can't wait to go home and continue reading, I stopped on the panel of him plowing through the wall.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dragonatrix posted:

if he says he's using 100%, that means he's using everything he's got; he mentions when he's using 5%. deku's very specific about his power output

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, there's been a lot of discussion about what specifically Deku's 100% means, and general consensus is "100% of what Deku is capable of", rather than 100% of All-Might's power. All the "over 100%" stuff, with Deku and All-Might alike, is probably just rhetoric, though. If Deku suddenly shot up to 80 billion% power level because big dramatic moment, the takeaway should be "he's pushing really, really far past what he's normally consciously capable of", not "he is literally 800,000x more powerful than normal".

Edit To put it another way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMSiVn6vpQ

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 4, 2017

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Except when he flips out and shouts about millions to psych himself up.

I'm not a fan of the Muscular fight/outcome, it was just a retread of the already learned lesson. Everything else in that arc was the real show.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Peel posted:

Except when he flips out and shouts about millions to psych himself up.

I'm not a fan of the Muscular fight/outcome, it was just a retread of the already learned lesson. Everything else in that arc was the real show.
It was basically him winning a fight on his own with no real assistance, and doing the All Might "Plus Ultra" thing. Also the whole being Kouta's hero thing, and the moment where he's apologizing to his mom in his head and calling out for All Might because he thinks he's gonna die.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I feel like that fight was important because it forced him into a do or die situation. It's really meant to show you the reader that, yeah, he's just like All Might: for better and for worse.

I loved that it really bucked alot of the shounen tropes too, even in keeping the LAST SECOND POWER BURST it's a pretty dark fight. There weren't really any spectators, child aside, and there were no congratulations or platitudes either. It was really just a rock bottom moment of self sacrifice that cause Deku quite a bit of change and turmoil.

I'd wager it will be super emotional if they ever animate it.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 4, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, there's been a lot of discussion about what specifically Deku's 100% means, and general consensus is "100% of what Deku is capable of", rather than 100% of All-Might's power. All the "over 100%" stuff, with Deku and All-Might alike, is probably just rhetoric, though. If Deku suddenly shot up to 80 billion% power level because big dramatic moment, the takeaway should be "he's pushing really, really far past what he's normally consciously capable of", not "he is literally 800,000x more powerful than normal".

Edit To put it another way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMSiVn6vpQ

There was an author's note a few chapters after 1000000%, or whatever it was, saying that of course it was just to signify extra effort not literally four orders of magnitude more power. I always took All Might breaking his 100% limit in the Nomu fight to mean using so much power that he did himself damage which made sense because afterwards his transformation time was drastically cut. For Deku anything outside of his regular 5% does the same thing to him and breaking his 100% in a time of crisis is what made the doctor tell him he'd paralyse his arms next time.

The runner Tyson Gay ran the fastest 100m ever (wind-assisted and pre Usain) in 2008 but doing so basically blew his hamstrings to pieces and that's what I think of when someone in an anime goes over 100% or w/e.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Sorry everyone, but the Digital Millennium Power Level Act makes it illegal to argue about anime power levels on the internet, especially when confusing anime math with other maths. I'm calling the police.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

key party favors posted:

Sorry everyone, but the Digital Millennium Power Level Act makes it illegal to argue about anime power levels on the internet, especially when confusing anime math with other maths. I'm calling the police.

This is policy I can get behind

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have flouted the law too long. Don't make the same mistake I did, kids.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Instead of raising the % of OfA he uses Deku should just learn the kaioken.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Instead of raising the % of OfA he uses Deku should just learn the kaioken.

I guess if we're going by dbz terms, that'd make all might broly

or master roshi

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kirishima being the one to grab up Bakugo was really good writing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It was! He's the only one who Bakugo wouldn't question or hesitate on reaching out to. Baron Explodikill DOES have a friend. :3:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

It was! He's the only one who Bakugo wouldn't question or hesitate on reaching out to. Baron Explodikill DOES have a friend. :3:

What's your power?

Exploding, you?

Unexplodable.

Yesssssssss

Oh poo poo All for One man (?) just namedropped the previous OfA user, Overwatch can wait.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That grandson stuff is hosed up, I was thinking I'd heard Shimura before but was far too distracted to think hard.

e: That was goddamn amazing, jesus christ.

At the room competition now and I love how weird Todoroki is

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 5, 2017

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

"EmmyOk" posted:

Sweet meme

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
This is my favorite page in the entire manga.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sockpuppetclock posted:

Mines the page with the punch

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, friend. You didn't have to say it but I'm glad you did.

What is Ragdoll's quirk again? The big baddie wanted it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Thank you for your kind words, friend. You didn't have to say it but I'm glad you did.

she can track people within a really wide area iirc

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Search (サーチ Sāchi?): Her Quirk allowed her to observe and monitor up to 100 people at a time, including their location and weak points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sockpuppetclock posted:

That's two pages, you're cheating.