Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gyshall posted:

I have yet to play a decent quest mod that A) doesn't stick out like a sore thumb B) is even on par with the writing in the original game

Autumn Leaves is the closest to those standards. The writing and voice acting are very professionally done and have a lot of hilarious lines, as well as some interesting changes depending on how far along you are in the game. It's also geared heavily toward non-combat Couriers and has more complexity than just following quest markers.

Bethesda also almost definitely ripped it off for Far Harbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

autumn leaves is cool as hell

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I keep getting the weirdest random crash. Typically it happens around autosaves, like when I'm fast traveling or when I exit a building. Game locks up completely, usually on the loading screen, and the only way out is a complete restart of my system because no other windows (such as the task manager) can open on the monitor where NV was and my mouse is worthless.
Disable regular autosaves and use CASM instead. This sounds like a deeper problem though, but the default autosaves don't work well anyway.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Woebin posted:

Disable regular autosaves and use CASM instead. This sounds like a deeper problem though, but the default autosaves don't work well anyway.

Yeah, I grabbed CASM right after I posted. This install is waaaaaaaaaaaay less stable than my last install with the same list of mods. I assume it's a Windows 10/Invidia problem.

EDIT: Okay, yeah. This is a serious problem. I can't keep the game running for more than ten or fifteen minutes at a time. It nearly always locks up on a transition loading screen (inside to outside or between fast travel locations). I can wander around the wasteland forever without a problem, but as soon as I go through a loading screen it's over. And not all the time, either. Like just now I did the very end of The King's quests where I go stop the shootout between NCR and Pacer. Went through all those doors, did everything, but then I went to leave Freeside to head to the Mormon Fort and it was crashtime.

I'm running Win 10 x64 with 16gb of RAM, a GTX660 with the very latest drivers, and I ran my mod list through Loot to check for conflicts. I know it's a longshot, but if anyone sees anything weird in this modlist let me know.

code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm
[X] Caliber.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
[X] CompanionInfAmmo.esm
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esm
[X] GtabImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm
[X] oHUD.esm
[X] CFWNV.esm
[X] The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm
[X] NVR-Strip.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] NevadaSkies.esm
[X] D.E.I.M.O.S..esm
[X] SomeguySeries.esm
[X] YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] ILO - YUP Patch.esp
[X] ILO - Nevada Skies Patch.esp
[X] Readius_NV.esp
[X] EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
[X] Better Game Performance.esp
[X] NVFR-Version_2.esp
[X] NVR-Version_10.esp
[ ] NVR-NPCs.esp
[X] Vurt's WFO.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[X] 1nivVSLArmors.esp
[X] The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
[X] better that gun 44mag.esp
[ ] better that gun 223.esp
[X] Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp
[X] CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
[X] Rustyhwys.esp
[X] M1 Garand Mod.esp
[X] WMX-DLCMerged.esp
[X] FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
[X] FactionIDCards.esp
[X] GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp
[X] Freeside Food & Supplies.esp
[X] WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp
[X] Freeside Junkers Store.esp
[X] Lombard Station.esp
[X] CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
[X] M1897.esp
[X] MojaveExtended100.esp
[ ] MojaveExtended20.esp
[ ] MojaveExtended40.esp
[ ] MojaveExtended60.esp
[ ] MojaveExtended80.esp
[X] Existence 2.0.esp
[X] SignatureArmor.esp
[X] SignatureWeapons.esp
[X] Sunglasses Shipment.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp
[X] CFW-PN-DLC.esp
[X] CFW-PN.esp
[X] old vaquero includes that gun.esp
[X] that gun holdout.esp
[X] UrgeWasterScarf.esp
[X] Imp's More Complex Needs.esp
[ ] Imp's More Complex Needs - JA - SORTED.esp
[X] IMCNNV - Sorted.esp
[X] IMCNNV - HUD and Hotkeys.esp
[ ] AWOP-WMX-EVE AllDLC.esp
[X] MaresLeg.esp
[X] UnlimitedCompanions.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] SVT40.esp
[X] Straighten Tin Cans 10.esp
[X] Caliber-PN.esp
[X] CFW-DLC.esp
[X] Caliber-CFW.esp
[X] WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
[X] ILO - A World of Pain.esp
[ ] NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp
[X] NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
[ ] NevadaSkies - Basic Edition.esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] AutumnLeaves.esp

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 20, 2017

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I tried to install NVSE JIP because I wanted to use Animation Project but it caused my save games to not load at all, game would just hang forever at the loading screen. I wondered if maybe I had installed it wrong but after trying to manually install I found out that even after removing it my savegames wouldn't load. At that point I did manage to salvage everything by updating NVSE from 5.0b2 to 5.0b3, and the game loads now, but I do not feel like taking the risk of breaking my game again.

This is the first time I've tried heavily modding the game (in the past I added a handful of weapon mods and some outfits but no deep modding) and now the fact that people spend years honing their modding skills and brag about how they managed hundreds of mods working at once all makes sense now. The game is so brittle it just falls apart the moment you start stacking stuff on top of it. My load times are noticeably worse now although they got better when I removed the stutter remover, everything is less stable and I have the feeling the game is just going to break at any moment. I think this is why people always repeat this weird myth that NV was a buggy game, when I played NV vanilla it was always rock solid on my PC, and I only had noticeable (but not game breaking) bugs when the game was released before any official patches. In contrast FO3 hard locked on me several times on the 360. But I guess people expect you'll use at least a handful of "essential" mods and then it becomes true that NV will turn into a tangled spaghetti of crashes.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

So uhh the companions only get killed off if you have them with you right?

Ah, my bad, yeah. Shoulda mentioned that you do get told not to bring them with you and nothing happens to them if you leave them in the mojave.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm considering a "themed" character and want to try and match some mods to the mood. Are any of the mods that do stuff like weird visual effects for chems any good? I feel like all the ones I read about before had major issues. Also maybe some stuff that adds vehicles like the Motocycle mod? Looking to do TTW if it matters.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm considering a "themed" character and want to try and match some mods to the mood. Are any of the mods that do stuff like weird visual effects for chems any good? I feel like all the ones I read about before had major issues. Also maybe some stuff that adds vehicles like the Motocycle mod? Looking to do TTW if it matters.

I'm also looking for cool effects on terrible chemicals, got to go full Hunter Thompson next run.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
Any advice on how to best approach a Tale of Two Wastelands playthrough? I've got it all installed and working, and am playing the first few levels in the Capitol, but now don't know how to proceed. Do I have to finish the Capitol, and then go to NV? Does it reset the character, or am I retardedly overpowered in NV after the switch?

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
You can go to NV at any time, just have to make it to the train yard. Everything carries over between games so yea eventually you'll max out your level.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

yegods posted:

Do I have to finish the Capitol, and then go to NV?
Once you find & activate the train to NV, you can go back & forth all you want. So do what works for your character's story.

yegods posted:

Does it reset the character, or am I retardedly overpowered in NV after the switch?
Without an additional mod that tweaks the leveling rate or one that resets your character when you arrive in NV, you will have a maxed out character relatively quickly.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Just get something that raises the level cap :getin:

I was somehow like level 90 at the end of my latest NV run, but I did do a lot of story-based mods.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Out of curiosity, did King of Swag ever finish his amazing Lombard Station upgrade?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

yegods posted:

Any advice on how to best approach a Tale of Two Wastelands playthrough? I've got it all installed and working, and am playing the first few levels in the Capitol, but now don't know how to proceed. Do I have to finish the Capitol, and then go to NV? Does it reset the character, or am I retardedly overpowered in NV after the switch?

Honestly ride out most of the Capital Wasteland then transition to NV. Come back anytime you feel like changing from sepiatone to cyantone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CFox posted:

You can go to NV at any time, just have to make it to the train yard. Everything carries over between games so yea eventually you'll max out your level.

The intention of the train is that the Lone Wanderer actually spends like 4 years wandering the post-apocalyptic world before ending up a courier who gets shot in the head by Benny in 2281, so if you want to be a strict roleplayer you'll finish everything you have interest in for Fallout 3 and then permanently end it to move onto New Vegas. But by that point, you may have well hit the level cap of Fallout 3 twice over and show up in New Vegas practically superhuman.

If you don't want to be a strict roleplayer like that, just find the train as soon as you get bored with the Capitol Wasteland and move over.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
TOTW should alter the date Fallout 3 takes place, if that's possible, since the plot of Lonesome Road requires the Courier to have been in the west prior to 2277

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

2house2fly posted:

TOTW should alter the date Fallout 3 takes place, if that's possible, since the plot of Lonesome Road requires the Courier to have been in the west prior to 2277

I think it's pretty easy to change the start date of the game, but you'd need to adjust everything that ever mentions a date to be appropriate to the new one. There's no real good way to do it unless you're the kind of mega sperg who can accomplish that.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I generally just play TotW as a straight FO3 Total Conversion mod and ignore the train station (and its ridiculous supermutant infested sidequest), and when I get sick of it and want to play a good game, I uninstall it (cause Mod Organizer is awesome like that) and play a fresh character in New Vegas.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I just got the mod that basically used a player home that was a converted Chinese sumbarine that switched between game maps. It was easier than navigating the rear end of the DC metro every time.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

I just got the mod that basically used a player home that was a converted Chinese sumbarine that switched between game maps. It was easier than navigating the rear end of the DC metro every time.
That sounds awesome. Link?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There is an awesome mod which adds shoddy casts Storyteller as a companion in new Vegas.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

That sounds awesome. Link?

Here it is enjoy the USS Hoodwinked!

It kind of makes more sense to me to use the submarine rather than a train to explore the coasts of the Americas and fill in the blank of ten year time difference between both games!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

Here it is enjoy the USS Hoodwinked!

It kind of makes more sense to me to use the submarine rather than a train to explore the coasts of the Americas and fill in the blank of ten year time difference between both games!

It's only 4 years between 2277 and 2281, but I think it makes more sense from a roleplaying setting for the Lone Wanderer to actually travel across America and see the things that the Courier can claim to know about (like Chicago).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

It's only 4 years between 2277 and 2281, but I think it makes more sense from a roleplaying setting for the Lone Wanderer to actually travel across America and see the things that the Courier can claim to know about (like Chicago).

Really? where'd I get the 10 years from?

The Submarine makes more sense to me simply because it a high tech nuclear powered thing compared to hundreds of miles of unmaintained railway tracks and ancient cheap rear end trains. Plus the idea of the courier seeing the whole Americas appeals to me too.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

The Submarine makes more sense to me simply because it a high tech nuclear powered thing compared to hundreds of miles of unmaintained railway tracks and ancient cheap rear end trains. Plus the idea of the courier seeing the whole Americas appeals to me too.

Fallout 4 takes place 10 years after Fallout 3.

I like the idea that the train just leads to a stop somewhere in the Midwest and the Lone Wanderer starts adventuring on foot or through barely maintained post-apocalyptic cars over the next few years, including getting tangled up in the Divide drama, before taking a courier job after reaching California.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Fallout 4 takes place 10 years after Fallout 3.

I like the idea that the train just leads to a stop somewhere in the Midwest and the Lone Wanderer starts adventuring on foot or through barely maintained post-apocalyptic cars over the next few years, including getting tangled up in the Divide drama, before taking a courier job after reaching California.

You got a bigger suspension of disbelief than I do, I just keep picturing the train barely leaving the state because for some reason an old couch is dumped on the tracks and people are too depressed/lazy/ghoulified to clean up after themselves now.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

TTW plays a bik video that says "9 Years Later" when you first move to NV. Maybe from that?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Someone in this thread updated Lombard Station to have a tunnel between both worldspaces that makes it less of a pain to do stuff. I know in my last few playthroughs I've just used that and started in NV to skip the long boring intro to FO3.

cerhio
Feb 23, 2014
So does anyone know how to get the F4 Quickloot Menu mod to work? It worked for me once upon a time but it doesn't even work when I install it and it's requirements only.

cerhio
Feb 23, 2014
Hey guys,
Just wanted to post a fix I learned for mouse acceleration being enabled for menus only even when the fallout.ini in the my games directory has been edited. Apparently it's caused by Mod Organizer. It must use a different .ini than the one in the my games directory. There's an INI Editor located in the toolbar of Mod Organizer. Add the exact same lines to turn off mouse acceleration as per the sticky and its solved! I deleted and reinstalled New Vegas like 4 or 5 times just to try and resolve this problem.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

cerhio posted:

Hey guys,
Just wanted to post a fix I learned for mouse acceleration being enabled for menus only even when the fallout.ini in the my games directory has been edited. Apparently it's caused by Mod Organizer. It must use a different .ini than the one in the my games directory. There's an INI Editor located in the toolbar of Mod Organizer. Add the exact same lines to turn off mouse acceleration as per the sticky and its solved! I deleted and reinstalled New Vegas like 4 or 5 times just to try and resolve this problem.

I've been chasing the fix for this forever, I will kiss you on the dick if this works.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Yea the ini file MO uses is the one you need to edit. It's inside your MO install folder, maybe in a profile folder. It's been awhile since I messed with all this.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

keyboard vomit posted:

Someone in this thread updated Lombard Station to have a tunnel between both worldspaces that makes it less of a pain to do stuff. I know in my last few playthroughs I've just used that and started in NV to skip the long boring intro to FO3.

That was me, but apparently I used an old version of Lombard and someone else fixed my poo poo.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah that was me.

From an earlier post:

Agents are GO! posted:

Here's something I created for Lombard Station. In 2012(!), King of Swag realized the original Lombard was screwing people out of 20ga shells everytime they sorted, and fixed it and posted a fixed version. However his version replaced the original esp file, so it didn't work with the TTW version that Davoren posted in February of this year, and Davoren's version contains the original screwed up script. Anyhow, long story short, I made a version of the patch that actually is a patch and just overrides the original script. It requires Gun Runners Aresenal too because gently caress you, buy it.

Download my patch here.

Edit: To be little clearer, this patch works with either version of Lombard Station, and it's a seperate ESP, not a replacer.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Is there a Skyrim modding thread that's anywhere near as good or comprehensive as this one?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. I forgot that you could actually search the forums.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 20, 2017

cerhio
Feb 23, 2014

HebrewMagic posted:

I've been chasing the fix for this forever, I will kiss you on the dick if this works.

TBH I didn't get this problem up until a couple weeks ago surprisingly after using MO perfectly fine for a long time. I don't know how this solution hasn't be posted anywhere else. Please let me know if it works for you!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Is there a Skyrim modding thread that's anywhere near as good or comprehensive as this one?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. I forgot that you could actually search the forums.

Just make sure you never read the OP, but just ask about mods in the thread. They love that.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Can someone let me know if there's a way to manually change what day it is? I don't know why but days won't go past Tuesday and it's driving me mad, I can change the time in the console but not the day.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Can someone let me know if there's a way to manually change what day it is? I don't know why but days won't go past Tuesday and it's driving me mad, I can change the time in the console but not the day.

Joke answer: play as M. Bison.
Real answer: tell us what your mod list looks like so we can narrow down your problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Joke answer: play as M. Bison.
Real answer: tell us what your mod list looks like so we can narrow down your problem.

This alright?

p.s. I'm fully prepared to get laughed to death because of my poor mod load order, If it doesn't make my computer explode then it's fine in my book.

Only registered members can see post attachments!