Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Enjoy posted:

you can get a refund in that situation and buy it cheaper, i'm pretty sure it's explicitly mentioned in the refund policy that that's ok.

assuming you didnt play it for >5 hours

i'm at 3 hours. requested a refund. thank you for this. don't know if it will do much good after the emp from the nukes fries all my electronics but i'm glad we got to share this until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Annual Prophet posted:

to address the burning question of the hour:

hoi3 or hoi4?

hoi4 has a more in-depth production mechanic where you put military factories into production lines, they individually gear up to full efficiency over time, producing units of equipment which go into you on-map divisions according to templates you establish

hoi3 has.... more generals to assign to armies

there's really no contest on its face, the only thing hoi3 has going for it really is that it has been out longer and has fewer bugs and better developed AI

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Annual Prophet posted:

hoi3 or hoi4?

i bought hoi4 and figured out how to make the usa communist and that's about as far as i've gotten

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

i bought hoi4 and figured out how to make the usa communist

Enjoy posted:

hoi4 has a more in-depth production mechanic where you put military factories into production lines, they individually gear up to full efficiency over time, producing units of equipment which go into you on-map divisions according to templates you establish

hoi3 has.... more generals to assign to armies

there's really no contest on its face, the only thing hoi3 has going for it really is that it has been out longer and has fewer bugs and better developed AI

ok I'm in; many thanks!

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Annual Prophet posted:

hoi3 or hoi4?

release yourself from the bounds of time, comrade.

hoi12 is probably the series' high point.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*as nukes fly, destroying the human race before the revolution can happen* haha, take that communists

this is a great self-own

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Enjoy posted:

what is your opinion of stalin

dekulakization was brutal and wrong...?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

mister magpie posted:

Wrong

*everything disappears in a puff of smoke, only a "baby's first leftism" coloring book with pictures of Lenin and such remains*

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

mister magpie posted:

kulaks had it coming, my friend

mags
May 30, 2008

but but but

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

stalin was bad but since I haven't studied soviet history yet I can't defend this position at length against apologists. gonna be surprised if it changes when i do tho

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

not that i don't still oppose moralism ofc, i'm just saying

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Peel posted:

stalin was bad but since I haven't studied soviet history yet I can't defend this position at length against apologists. gonna be surprised if it changes when i do tho

start with j arch getty

http://home.ku.edu.tr/~mbaker/cshs522/GettyMassRepressions.pdf

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

i'm actually gonna start with mieville's russian revolution book out this year. i'm going through hobsbawm atm and should be there before too long

speaking of books, capital thread going up on monday

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Peel posted:

speaking of books, capital thread going up on monday

:woop:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i implore everyone to check their local orgs (answer coalition especially) and see if anyone's putting together an action. there are like a million where i'm at

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

we're holding a recruiting drive for the ypg this evening

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
protest downtown chicago today at 5.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XNLHS8o73Q

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

good stuff happening at westheimer and post oak in houston. not too late to get honked at by cool people and flipped off by dipshits

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

kulaks had it coming, my friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAZznhkQbuk

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

someone I met at a local function told me that their mother was arrested for being an enemy of the people under section 56 when the Soviets took Bessarabia. She spent 14 years in a gulag because her husband owned a bunch of walmart style retail stores and was filthy rich. She was released and then had to move to a settlement city where she was given a flat to live.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
don't socialize with rich people

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Top City Homo posted:

someone I met at a local function told me that their mother was arrested for being an enemy of the people under section 56 when the Soviets took Bessarabia. She spent 14 years in a gulag because her husband owned a bunch of walmart style retail stores and was filthy rich. She was released and then had to move to a settlement city where she was given a flat to live.

There is always more to these stories

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

The Brown Menace posted:

There is always more to these stories

blue lives matter rallying cry

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

deadgoon posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress their wives.

It'll humiliate them until it's time to finally kill those shitheads, a which point you'll have an easier time tracking them down.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top City Homo posted:

look at this fool who wouldn't send every living walton to the gulags if he could

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

MizPiz posted:

It'll humiliate them until it's time to finally kill those shitheads, a which point you'll have an easier time tracking them down.

Class war?
No war but cuck war.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAZznhkQbuk

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

zeal posted:

look at this fool who wouldn't send every living walton to the gulags if he could

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Maoism Twisted Worldism

mags
May 30, 2008

MizPiz posted:

This but gay sex so husbands not wives

mags
May 30, 2008

For me anyway

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > C-SPAM: The goblins nest > literally gently caress the rich - the dumb & gay spooky ghost of lf

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Baloogan posted:

Class war?
No war but cuck war.

Cucks of the world. Unite!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dreddout posted:

Cucks of the world. Unite!

it's called the democratic party

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

it's called the democratic party

:rimshot:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

deadgoon posted:

my grandmother's dad was also gulaged in 38 and never came back.

also they aren't rich people

but i socialize with rich people

they aren't very good people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

zeal posted:

they need to be troikad not gulaged