Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Put him inside a turbine and have him go around the loop as fast as he can. Infinite energy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

He should attach blades to his limbs and zoom around cutting the tendons in the legs of his opponents.

edit: Also add a stylized fin to his back and change his hero name to Street Shark.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The newest chapter.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Really like that panel with Mirio and Deku realizing just what happened about halfway through

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Holy gently caress, is Hori implying that Overhaul is taking Eri apart and reassembling her for this process?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Fabricated posted:

Holy gently caress, is Hori implying that Overhaul is taking Eri apart and reassembling her for this process?

At the very least, it's an in-universe worry.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Fabricated posted:

Jesus. That's so much worse than we would generally suspect the situation to be
:ohdear:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Really like that panel with Mirio and Deku realizing just what happened about halfway through

I was just about to say the same thing, drat it floored me.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Logicblade posted:

I was just about to say the same thing, drat it floored me.

Yeah, the looks on their faces and then that panel with them absolutely alone and isolated, realizing what had happened, was just intense as hell. It gave me chills.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah I had been zoning out since it was a lot of dialogue and then I read those lines and was like "wait but does that mean" and then deku, mirio and I realized it all at the same time and it was like, dang

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Huh, I'm normally pretty obtuse, but I was able to catch on that it was her blood that stopped quirks pretty much as soon as they showed overhaul bringing his bandaged daughter into the lab that looked like it was meant to dissect her.

Was I actually displaying keen insight, or was it fairly obvious? I'm going with the latter.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I dunno, I just assumed they were taking her blood or she was naturally sickly or some poo poo, because Jesus Christ the actual reality is horrifying beyond belief.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Holy poo poo what a great chapter. Mirio and Deku realizing what happened and doubling down on their resolve, and Sir backing them up got my super hyped up.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Huh, I'm normally pretty obtuse, but I was able to catch on that it was her blood that stopped quirks pretty much as soon as they showed overhaul bringing his bandaged daughter into the lab that looked like it was meant to dissect her.

Was I actually displaying keen insight, or was it fairly obvious? I'm going with the latter.

It's a matter of in-story and out-of-story knowledge. We had already seen the information that everybody gets in this chapter, so we had already connected the dots. For readers the chapter is a confirmation of theories already formed, but to the hero group the information is being freshly presented.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Kuroyama posted:

It's a matter of in-story and out-of-story knowledge. We had already seen the information that everybody gets in this chapter, so we had already connected the dots. For readers the chapter is a confirmation of theories already formed, but to the hero group the information is being freshly presented.

Was referencing other readers realizing it this chapter.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Why would she have bandages on her arms if Overhaul was using his quirk to remove her blood?

I think he's taking it out the normal way and using his quirk to make the bullets.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Centipeder is so much better than bubble girl

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
You don't need a special "reassembly" quirk to take a blood sample. Overhaul is not repeatedly atomizing her.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Begemot posted:

Why would she have bandages on her arms if Overhaul was using his quirk to remove her blood?

I think he's taking it out the normal way and using his quirk to make the bullets.

If he just needed her blood he'd just use a needle and keep her much happier and less inclined to escape. He needs the flesh too, I'm guessing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Begemot posted:

Possibly but the way it was specifically said where they mention his quirk's ability to take people apart and put them back together AND how the bullets contained both blood and human cells, along with the seemingly extensive equipment we saw back then gave the implication to me that Overall was literally disassembling Eri for lots of human tissue, and then putting her back together.

He did some horrifying poo poo to the low-rent gangbangers he ran into and then they were alright after he put them back together.

I mean, would you get more material for bullets simply by doing regular transfusions- or if you had the ability basically rendering most of Eri's body down to human slurry and then reassembling her?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

:thinking:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Centipeder is so much better than bubble girl

He's really cool.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

does he have a centipede head or is he a centipede piloting a robot body

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

That dude is quickly becoming one of my favorites

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Depressed Sasuke is much better than the original.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's really jarring when you move between scanlations like this. Eight Precepts of Death and Eightfold Cleansers are nothing alike and the former sounds so much cooler.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Post/av

Also like everyone sideeyeing eraserhead.
(Surprised there isnt a panel of ochako and alien queen lamenting the crushed candy)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mr. Fowl posted:

It's really jarring when you move between scanlations like this. Eight Precepts of Death and Eightfold Cleansers are nothing alike and the former sounds so much cooler.

No kidding. Someone with knowledge of Japanese should post what the original name is, and what would be the closest translation.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mr. Fowl posted:

No, yeah, that made me pause and do a double-take as well. And not just because Eight Precepts of Death is way cooler and more metal and actually, y'know, sounds like a villain cabal. Eightfold Cleansers sound like a cleaning company or a laundromat or whatever.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dragonatrix posted:

No, yeah, that made me pause and do a double-take as well. And not just because Eight Precepts of Death is way cooler and more metal and actually, y'know, sounds like a villain cabal. Eightfold Cleansers sound like a cleaning company or a laundromat or whatever.

I also like Eight Precepts of Death because it sounds like it could be the title of a 70s martial arts film.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Blackheart posted:

He's really cool.

No, he needs to die, very soon. Preferably after having hot water thrown on him and then crushed with a hammer.

Was that first page character bio a not so subtle dick joke?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
kirishima is my Big Favorite now

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

dazoner posted:

No, he needs to die, very soon. Preferably after having hot water thrown on him and then crushed with a hammer.

Only after he kills Bedbug guy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Am I reading Overhual's quirk right? It sounds like a better version of Shigaraki's.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Was referencing other readers realizing it this chapter.

No, it was obvious he was taking it from her, what I hadn't caught on to was that he was exploding and reassembling her to do it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"The villain explodes a girl to make bullets out of her blood" is p rad tho, not gonna lie

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It was stated at the end his Chin does not harden as much.

Though to be honest I though he was not exploding the girl to do this as much as he was creating the bullets out of chunks of her arms and legs.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Am I reading Overhual's quirk right? It sounds like a better version of Shigaraki's.

It's nothing like Shigaraki's other then the fact they can both kill with a touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

MonsterEnvy posted:

It was stated at the end his Chin does not harden as much.

Though to be honest I though he was not exploding the girl to do this as much as he was creating the bullets out of chunks of her arms and legs.

Ah, so he's got a glass jaw.