Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Y wing is really dope you'll like it. That and the A wing are both close to perfect imo. I am very happy with my current collection of rebel star fighters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
They need to make a better B Wing and a new T65 X Wing

I thought I was missing a ton of R2 pieces but they were all inside his dome, so watch out for that if you're an idiot like me

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dogen posted:

I thought I was missing a ton of R2 pieces but they were all inside his dome, so watch out for that if you're an idiot like me

No one is an idiot like you.

JK. :D

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
At least you didn't drop your blue computer looking smooth front panel rd2d piece in your burger and almost eat it like I did.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Prey Slaughtered

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

Yeah. I'm happy with the X wing but wouldn't mind a redesign. Minifigure b-wing is poo poo. UCS b-wing is amazing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I just want them to start using modern techniques on Star Wars minifigures. Obi-Wan and C3P0 would really benefit from dual molded legs. Chewbacca should be using the Woody body mould (why have Lego never used this again? Ultron also should have used it) and lots of them would benefit from arm and side leg prints.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'd probably buy a ridiculous $100+ set just to get a Bespin Han with dual-mould boot legs and printed bloodstripes. Chewie could definitely use a new head mould at the very least. He's had the same one (albeit printed now) since the Star Wars line began.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

PriorMarcus posted:

I just want them to start using modern techniques on Star Wars minifigures. Obi-Wan and C3P0 would really benefit from dual molded legs. Chewbacca should be using the Woody body mould (why have Lego never used this again? Ultron also should have used it) and lots of them would benefit from arm and side leg prints.

I think they save poo poo like arm printing for UCS sets. Like the TIE pilot or Boba Fett from their UCS sets are the only ones with arm printing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No they changed it last year but agreed they should have used the woody body.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
I've started buying bootleg lego from Aliexpress too. Over all I'm happy with what I've recieved.

Minifigure quality varies.

The Darth Malgus minifig I got has stiff arm joints and the hands, but otherwise looks good. (I don't have a real minifig to compare though).

I took a chance on minifig weapons. These are rip offs of Brick Arms/Brick Forge weapons. The quality on these is really good. I was missing one piece, but it wasn't a big deal.

I bought a set of legos to check on the quality, an Imperial mini-walker The pieces of this set hold together well and everything was included. I compared one of the minifig guns included with the set with the same design from a regular lego set. They're nearly identical. There were only a couple minor differences between them. The minor differences was nothing more then different writing stamped on them. Without looking closely, you can't tell the fake from the original. The minifig that came with this set has an issue with the body and legs not staying attached well. Good set otherwise.

When the set of weapons turned out good, I tried buying some Minifig shields and torso covers The pieces are high quality and just as good as regular lego pieces. It doesn't seem like the store has them in stock, but I've seen similar products for sale.

Just today I got an unprinted lego figure. I ordered just one to check on the quality. The quality on the one I ordered was good.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

DocBubonic posted:

When the set of weapons turned out good, I tried buying some Minifig shields and torso covers The pieces are high quality and just as good as regular lego pieces. It doesn't seem like the store has them in stock, but I've seen similar products for sale.

Some of those are from https://brickwarriors.com. I bought bunch of the Thrall Shield, Thrall Armor and Thrall Helmet pictured below.

If anyody is interested, I'm willing to trade them for dragons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSh1zpafboM&t=68s

deoju fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 4, 2017

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_AMSlNocE

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I might have to swing for a U-Wing with that discount on. I really liked the design of it, although I'm sad it doesn't come with K2-SO.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

I need some advice on mech building. I'm playing with a mech set I bought years ago and just left in a box assembled, and wanted to see what I could do about upgrading it a bit.

Here's where it stands right now:

But you may notice the feet looking pretty.. well, crap, and that's where I could use some ideas.

Here are some more shots of the feet.

As it is right now, the mech stands on its own, but those ankle joints are under a bit of weight, and they can click out of position with a light bump.

I know it's kinda ugly too, but I'll work on that after everything is built. So, any ideas?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

I might have to swing for a U-Wing with that discount on. I really liked the design of it, although I'm sad it doesn't come with K2-SO.

Also the pilot for it is not as good as the microfighter, for some reason. And they should have made the troop compartment a little easier to get more than two minifigs in... but it is a fun build, and when you take it apart that UCS Xwing canopy could be put to good use elsewhere.

If you want K2 you really should buy Krennic's Shuttle, it is on a pretty good discount on Amazon (in the US at least) and is a great looking ship.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dogen posted:

Also the pilot for it is not as good as the microfighter, for some reason. And they should have made the troop compartment a little easier to get more than two minifigs in... but it is a fun build, and when you take it apart that UCS Xwing canopy could be put to good use elsewhere.

If you want K2 you really should buy Krennic's Shuttle, it is on a pretty good discount on Amazon (in the US at least) and is a great looking ship.

I just bought the microfighter version too! It was cheap in Berlin, so I snapped it up as a little holiday build.

Oh, and the Build a figure K2 is on sale today, so I might have to get that instead. Krennic's shuttle is a Technic nightmare to me, and I'd rather just buy minifig K2 by himself.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
There are a ton of really cool and unique minifigs in the minifig collectible series (and a bunch of regular/boring ones and a bunch that simply look like minifigs from normal sets)
Have been pondering about starting to collect them all. More recent series aren't that expensive and i will be able to buy unopened display boxes of future series for the price of 1 series (so ~2 series i could touchy-feely and then sell off again).
Series 1 and all the "animal suit" minifigs are quite expensive though. Not to mention Mr Gold which is almost the same price as the UCS Millennium Falcon...

Something tells me that minifig collecting is a deep dark hole of expenses and an inability to ever quit though.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Ineptitude posted:

There are a ton of really cool and unique minifigs in the minifig collectible series (and a bunch of regular/boring ones and a bunch that simply look like minifigs from normal sets)
Have been pondering about starting to collect them all. More recent series aren't that expensive and i will be able to buy unopened display boxes of future series for the price of 1 series (so ~2 series i could touchy-feely and then sell off again).
Series 1 and all the "animal suit" minifigs are quite expensive though. Not to mention Mr Gold which is almost the same price as the UCS Millennium Falcon...

Something tells me that minifig collecting is a deep dark hole of expenses and an inability to ever quit though.

Why do you want to collect them all? You've clearly indicated that you don't want a lot of them. Just buy the ones you like and don't worry about having complete sets.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

It's not the ucs canopy it's the new one they made for poes x wing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Welp, I now have a U-Wing, K-2, and a bunch of S17 minifigs I chose at random. Had a really cool conversation with the young lady behind the counter. She's really looking forward to the Saturn rocket :)

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Mixels were my favorite because they always have a bunch of small unique parts and they are cheap and fun to build. They were really hard to beat if you like making little sci fi builds like me.

Speaking of. I guess target or clearing what's left of the mixels for 3.50 right now. Not a mind blowing savings but still. Get em before they are all gone :rip:

Mixels were the best, I loved those little nightmare creatures :3:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

veni veni veni posted:

It's not the ucs canopy it's the new one they made for poes x wing.
There's two canopies on the U-wing. Top one is the same as the new T-70 X-wing, the one of the bottom is identical to the UCS Red Five T-65 X-wing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh. poo poo, I didn't realize that. My bad. Yeah that's a pretty good part to have then.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

aww yeah

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Out of 14 I purchased,I got like 11 uniques, but I definitely have 2 Corn dudes(thought one was Rocket Kid) 2 Retro Space dudes, and 2 Highwaymen.

Tell me though... how does Workout Chick hold her cup and Baker lady hold her pie? I cannot figure those out...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 5, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The pies have a reverse stud on the bottom and the water bottle is just a 1x1 round clear brick with printing on it/ a cap I think

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

The pies have a reverse stud on the bottom and the water bottle is just a 1x1 round clear brick with printing on it/ a cap I think

I know but in the photos (the real photos, not the CGI poo poo) they are both holding them and I'm not sure how...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lego hands are the same size as a stud so anything with a reverse stud will just clip onto them.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

Beloved Game Of Thrones character Jim.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Old Jimmy Lannister

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

Lego hands are the same size as a stud so anything with a reverse stud will just clip onto them.

I thought that to be true but had issues with both,,,,

(but once you confirmed, I tried some more and you are correct! Thanks!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I put the K2 buildable figure together and drat, that took a lot longer than I expected. So many parts! Looks really good though, and much taller that I thought he'd be.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

He is the star of my wife's office toy collection

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Feenix posted:

I thought that to be true but had issues with both,,,,

(but once you confirmed, I tried some more and you are correct! Thanks!

Think of all the things you can make your minifigs hold now! Worlds are opening to you

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

Perfect. Excellent printing on every character and no molding or fitment issues.

I got Danerys and Drogo. Printing is fine, molding is fine, but both of their legs are weirdly stiff. My sister complains that Drogo's skin is too white.

These dudes are ripped off from https://citizenbrick.com I bought the ali versions of both those sets, but only because they don't make them anymore. I feel way worse buying knock-offs of an AFOL small business than of lego itself. I've got the Omar in my custom title and their Big Lebowski 3 pack. The print quality is indistinguishable from the real deal and they print on legit lego pieces.

PS Your sister is right, Drogo should be darker.

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 6, 2017

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I missed the boat on the Snowspeeder yesterday. What are the odds there'll be one at a lego b&m tomorrow?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Rage posted:

I missed the boat on the Snowspeeder yesterday. What are the odds there'll be one at a lego b&m tomorrow?

Zero

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The Rage posted:

The only one at the store I went to today was the one on display

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I braved the Thunderstorm of the Century and went to the Tukwila store after work yesterday, after they assured me on the phone they had plenty of R2s left. No snowspeeders, but I'm not a UCS Star Wars collector. Got the set with Thrawn and the Yoda fighter (why the hell does he have a starfighter? I got it mostly because of the green wing plates) to get the R2, and got 16 minifigs. An older guy (who happens to run a Lego summer camp thing out of Seattle) helped me feel out nearly a complete set, but both boxes were devoid of retro space guys and rocketboys. I picked up a pair of retro space guys at Toys R Us later, but they were also out of rocketboys.

I want to do the jorts thing and stand in line before opening for the Saturn V, since I'm paranoid they're going to Curiosity it again, but that's a state testing day and I really should be there. :(