Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Cojawfee posted:

Do all the lego lands ban nerdy goonlords from entering without children?

I think that's just the Discovery Centers, the big theme parks don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011

Gann Jerrod posted:

I think that's just the Discovery Centers, the big theme parks don't care.

I know the one in Windsor doesnt allow unaccompanied adults. Especially after the recent incident where two girls were molested in the toilets by a stranger.

They so have certain days and nights where its only for AFOL's but i dont think they have them that often. Tbh once youve seen Miniland and Star Wars thats kinda it for solo adults. The shop isnt an official lego store so no VIP points for purchases and the rides are kids rides.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There's a few good rides for adults like the Technic and Deagon roller coasters, and that one water ride that gets you really soaked, but yeah, you're better off going somewhere else.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
ONE OF US ONE OF US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxtUrloLlm8

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Tested has several Lego videos.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I always liked Adam on Mythbusters. But for some reason, I can't really stand him on his own. I'm not sure what it is, either. Maybe I just needed Jamie to be a gruff sourpuss to make Adam likable. I know they didn't like each other.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Waltzing Along posted:

I always liked Adam on Mythbusters. But for some reason, I can't really stand him on his own. I'm not sure what it is, either. Maybe I just needed Jamie to be a gruff sourpuss to make Adam likable. I know they didn't like each other.

It's not that they didn't like each other, they just didn't hang out and do stuff outside of work. Their last MB interview talked about that quite a bit.

I do think Adam needs Jamie's moderating influence though.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Cojawfee posted:

Tested has several Lego videos.

Including accurate Star Wars recreations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuxM-avNfLo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You also have to keep in mind Mythbusters was coached and edited. They certainly weren't scripted reactions like most reality shows, but they definitely had their bullet points to hit.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Man oh man I really want a Saturn V, but lucky me I can wait until whenever it comes out in second run.

Also until I have done more of my summer dissertation research.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

I'd check Barnes and Nobles. Not all of them were wiped out. I stopped in to get some things for my son yesterday, and almost tripped on a boxed Saturn V just sitting in the middle of the aisle.

Meanwhile, mine is still in transit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shoulda bought it and flipped it on ebay for $250! :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Lego site moved it, on Friday, to "Shipped, FEDEX" but the tracking number doesn't show any shipment yet. Lies!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
mine did the same thing. it shipped today for me finally.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Built it. My son is over the moon. Pretty fun build. Begs to be played with... flirts with explosive Lego-shattering disaster every time you handle it.

I guess the batwing doesn't really SNAP in like the rest... just kind of rests-on-top-of...

Really like it, though!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Got my Star Wars collection looking sort of coherent. For the first time ever 80% of it isn't in boxes. Just wanted to make sure I never get laid again.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I never realized how massive that UCS B-Wing was.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There's a pretty hefty sale for employees at Legoland this Friday, and I might just pick up the Batmobile and Snowspeeder sets for cheap.

I'm one of those people that really struggles to make my own stuff, but I like building the sets.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I never realized how massive that UCS B-Wing was.

It's a beast. The pic actually doesn't do it justice.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's really a testament to how well Lego bits hold together.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

veni veni veni posted:

Got my Star Wars collection looking sort of coherent. For the first time ever 80% of it isn't in boxes. Just wanted to make sure I never get laid again.

Now put a clear plastic panel in front to prevent them from being dust magnets

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Now put a clear plastic panel in front to prevent them from being dust magnets

Yeah that crossed my mind. Going to be a nightmare to dust especially with the minifigures. I feel like it would look kind of bad though. Although I am
A grown man who just put together a massive toy shelf so I might as well go whole hog.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's pretty easy to make a nonitrusive clear plastic shelf covering, that can be easily removed by velcro or earth magnets.

And there's always the detolf option. :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah not a bad idea. If I cut the plastic to the shape of each shelf and put them in each enclosure via Velcro it might not look too bad.

I feel like one big piece would look like the collectibles equivalent of a rubber cover on a couch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah. An easier idea would be to cut a piece of wood/framing to the shelf layout and then glue it to the plastic, that way it stays super easy to remove and clean without ruining the shelf's look or something. Plus it should be really easy to do.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Whoops, I just noticed that LEGO.com changed the Saturn V from "Backorder" to "Out of Stock."

Any idea if it will EVER be available again...?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Usually, yes. But no one here is privy to lego internals so who knows!

It might be a month or two before new stock becomes available.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Apollodorus posted:

Whoops, I just noticed that LEGO.com changed the Saturn V from "Backorder" to "Out of Stock."

Any idea if it will EVER be available again...?

I got an e-mail this morning announcing my Saturn V order status was changed from "Waiting for Stock" to "Backordered"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They will make more, it's only been a few days.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

xzzy posted:

Usually, yes. But no one here is privy to lego internals so who knows!

It might be a month or two before new stock becomes available.

In EU it's still saying it will ship by 11 July (the shipping date kept slipping for a few days until it settled on this one). I ordered on the 31st May and it finally shipped a couple of days ago (I'm in the EU).

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nth Doctor posted:

I got an e-mail this morning announcing my Saturn V order status was changed from "Waiting for Stock" to "Backordered"

That's weird. I went from backordered to shipped last week.

A bit of a problem because I have 4 other sets to finish before this one and wasn't expecting it for 3-4 months :ohdear:

As an aside, is that Detloff display case large enough to display this?

https://brickset.com/sets/21030-1/United-States-Capitol-Building

I think it's around a foot and a half long.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is Lego Boost set to work with the updated Swift Playgrounds coding app?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The nice FedEx man just dropped my Saturn V off and I know you guys said it was a hefty box, so I thought drat they weren't kidding. When I opened it this is what I see. :stare:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Jesus christ, I wish they'd make a mistake like that for me sometime.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

DrChud posted:

The nice FedEx man just dropped my Saturn V off and I know you guys said it was a hefty box, so I thought drat they weren't kidding. When I opened it this is what I see. :stare:

Bro!!!!!!!

drat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DrChud posted:

hello friend, it's me your pal

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DrChud posted:

Make a really big rocket. Or a dong rocket.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I want to make a to‐scale VAB.

It would only be two metres across.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
How do you even make that mistake? "Order says 1, but I better put 3 in the box just in case." :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ran out packing material, good thing we have these rocket laying around