Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh my. I like to see some nice looking junk. :smug:

More Ninjago Movie sets here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They really go all out with Ninjago compared to any of the other Lego original Ip's, don't they?

That's a cool rear end boat.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Wow, it's huge too

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hard to tell from that picture, but it looks almost as awesome as the ToA which is the awesomest set.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
drat, I'm interested in a whole bunch of those. Normally Ninjago is way too maximalist for me, but it looks like they've had different designers do the basis for the movie stuff (I mean, I guess artists from the movie company its self) so it has a much cleaner look.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Hard to tell from that picture, but it looks almost as awesome as the ToA which is the awesomest set.

What's ToA and does it have over 2000 pieces?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fayez Butts posted:

What's ToA and does it have over 2000 pieces?

Temple of Airjitzu and yes. My favorite build start to finish. It's just constantly interesting and looks beautiful when complete. It needs more love.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Manta Ray Bomber looks fantastic.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my. I like to see some nice looking junk. :smug:

More Ninjago Movie sets here.

That boat rules!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's weird how Ninjago seems to kind of have 2 different directions with these goofy playsets aimed soley at kids and then these giant $200 sets that seem kind of geared towards the crowd that would normally be buying creator/modulars etc.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

veni veni veni posted:

It's weird how Ninjago seems to kind of have 2 different directions with these goofy playsets aimed soley at kids and then these giant $200 sets that seem kind of geared towards the crowd that would normally be buying creator/modulars etc.

It's an excuse to do cool architectural styles and now boats that don't fit in any other theme. I hated Ninjago, but the Temple of Arijitzu and this junk are awesome.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's an excuse to do cool architectural styles and now boats that don't fit in any other theme. I hated Ninjago, but the Temple of Arijitzu and this junk are awesome.

This guy gets it.

4 steps in SV now. Really enjoying taking my time and enjoying this builds. Every step makes it feel more solid. Good stuff.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Is this the first time they've done a large boat that doesn't use pre-moulded hull pieces?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm glad you're all enjoying my junk.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hate Ninjago, want that boat.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Lego's logistics are incredibly on point. I got my card charged and receipt e-mailed yesterday, and 12 hours later the Saturn V was on the truck for delivery.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Waltzing Along posted:

Temple of Airjitzu and yes. My favorite build start to finish. It's just constantly interesting and looks beautiful when complete. It needs more love.

Goddamn, this is beautiful. Shame I missed it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Vintersorg posted:

Goddamn, this is beautiful. Shame I missed it.

Still available son. Excellent set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, it's a set I'm really on the fence about buying. It's pretty big, but I love the look of it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, it's a set I'm really on the fence about buying. It's pretty big, but I love the look of it.

Just get it. If for some reason you don't love it, sell it for a small loss.

I've been thinking of taking it apart so I can rebuild it.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

The_Doctor posted:

Go for it, I am not at all into this Nexo Knights/Ninjago Lego stuff and even I got it.

What's not obvious from the picture is that this set also has a light brick used in a beautiful way for a magic lantern show. Yes, really.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The one thing I hate about mostly buying SW stuff is that the builds aren't usually the most fun. Building some colorful building full of little details is so much more satisfying than plugging a bunch of gray parts into the shape of a ship.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Man my local Lego store said they don't expect a restock of the Saturn V rockets in store for at least 2-3 weeks and I just now have the spare cash to grab one.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rythe posted:

Man my local Lego store said they don't expect a restock of the Saturn V rockets in store for at least 2-3 weeks and I just now have the spare cash to grab one.
My order changed from likely to ship by the 15th to backordered this week and my country doesn't seem to have official stores. :smith:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I imagine there will be plenty of sets made in the future based on how many are selling but the waiting to get my giant rocket toy sucks.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like that mech, although I am a sucker for that kind of thing.

Also Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon made me laugh

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.
Oh, speaking of giant sets, is anybody getting the Minecraft Mountain Cave?

It's been available for VIPs for the last couple of days, so curious if anybody had ordered it yet.

It seems the numbered bags in this one go up to 24, but that's understandable as Minecraft sets typically contain mostly larger pieces compared to a "normal" set.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I still don't get the appeal of Minecraft sets.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The_Doctor posted:

I was curious, and, well, if it's too big there is a smaller version available on Aliexpress..

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Strife posted:

A videogame that is like Lego building, made into a Lego set. It literally looks like something one might make when the extent of their capability was "I know how to use the cubical bricks to make things"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Minecraft Lego just seems like Lego telling you how to use a basic Lego set.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Minecraft Lego just seems like Lego telling you how to use a basic Lego set.

Strife posted:

Have you guys spoken to a child between the ages of 5 - 10 in the past few years? They are absolutely bananas for Minecraft, you could literally sell a bag of dirt to a kid if it had Minecraft IRL on it. There is a reason Microsoft bought it for so much money.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

mitochondritom posted:

Have you guys spoken to a child between the ages of 5 - 10 in the past few years? They are absolutely bananas for Minecraft, you could literally sell a bag of dirt to a kid if it had Minecraft IRL on it. There is a reason Microsoft bought it for so much money.

I get it Minecraft is a big deal. And I'm sure kids probably like it just because it's Minecraft. But unlike, say, a Star Wars Space Ship Lego model, which is Lego bricks cleverly formatted into the shape of a Space ship, Lego Minecraft is what it looks like when I tell my 4 year old to build something and set him loose upon the random colored pile.

It's not really... anything. It's just such a weird set.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I got the Jungle Treehouse set, it's actually incredibly satisfying to build. No pioneering techniques or anything but there are tons of mini builds to make like an avocado and lantern and whatever the poo poo and it comes together in a really clean way. I'd probably be eyeing the new one if it weren't for the 5 other huge sets that are just coming out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It just seems like it's more of a way to trick parents than it is to draw in kids. They could just sell a big bucket of a thousand pieces in Minecraft colors and kids would go nuts over it. Parents probably don't know anything about minecraft other than that their kids are nuts over it. By selling individual sets, Lego can get parents to buy several of them for a higher price than a bucket would be.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

It looks like an incredible parts pack for Castle and landscape builders though!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh is it time to bitch about themes again?

How about those Friends sets? I mean come on!!

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Pop Star Tour Bus is one of the best lego vehicles. Get hosed etc.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Yeah that new friends catamaran loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

xzzy posted:

Oh is it time to bitch about themes again?

How about those Friends sets? I mean come on!!

Friends has the hotdog stand, your argument is invalid.