Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Useless Name posted:

This is still the red witch manipulating her words, Bam won't blindly forgive the Grande De family, but would forgive them if they asked for it and explained themselves. A big theme has been Bam forgiving his enemies. (Ho, Rachael, Red Witch, Rabbit, Beta, Reflecjo [Bam didn't want him to kamikaze], Daniel, 2nd Mad Dog and Angel [saved them at least, still have to see what became of them], Shadow Wolf, Kaiser, most likely Hel Joe) Actually, drat Bam is too trusting but we already know that.

Baam isn't stupid though. Rachel tried to appeal to his "too trusting" side a few chapters ago, and Baam flatly rejected her attempts. He is willing to assume good will in most situations, but not to the point of sheer stupidity (at least post-Rachel drama).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Here's a thought

Everyone's been searching for the Thorn Fragment, right?

And Red Thryssa is a 'creature' they found within the dead administrator. Everyone assumes it was a part of the Administrator, but what if Red Thryssa was the actual Thorn Fragment and nobody (Including the creature itself) realizes it? It grew enraged upon seeing the Administrator's power, but that might not have been because it felt it was being usurped as much as it might have been reacting to the being it worked to kill along with Enryu.

The thorn is the weapon to be used to kill Jahard, and the Red Thryssa seemed to be instinctively pushing its possessor into climbing the tower. The red aura that rushed into Baam in the latest update seems likely to have been Red Thryssa, but instead of being a bad thing this might be the Thorn on some instinctive level trying to reassemble itself.

Just a theory.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah, I've kind of been thinking that Red Thryssa is pretty related to the Thorn as well.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

khy posted:

Here's a thought

Everyone's been searching for the Thorn Fragment, right?

And Red Thryssa is a 'creature' they found within the dead administrator. Everyone assumes it was a part of the Administrator, but what if Red Thryssa was the actual Thorn Fragment and nobody (Including the creature itself) realizes it? It grew enraged upon seeing the Administrator's power, but that might not have been because it felt it was being usurped as much as it might have been reacting to the being it worked to kill along with Enryu.

The thorn is the weapon to be used to kill Jahard, and the Red Thryssa seemed to be instinctively pushing its possessor into climbing the tower. The red aura that rushed into Baam in the latest update seems likely to have been Red Thryssa, but instead of being a bad thing this might be the Thorn on some instinctive level trying to reassemble itself.

Just a theory.

Joe found 3 fragments (or rather, Hockney did) and the last one we know is hidden in the Soul Room. Red Thyrssa's power might be related to the Thorn due to the Thorn being the tool used to kill its former self/what it spawned from, but it isn't a Thorn fragment itself. We don't know where the fourth one is but Joe not being able to find the "last" one implies he found the first three.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 14, 2017

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-255/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=336

New one up!

Ending was pretty neat. Way to piss off the most powerful man in the world.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm starting to think that 90% of the bad feelings people have about Irregulars are because of Mazino.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm starting to think that 90% of the bad feelings people have about Irregulars are because of Mazino.

And the last words Hell Joe said to Mazino was telling Mazino to piss off with his worthless shonen speech bs and that Mazino will never understand what it's like to be powerless. And then Hell Joe got his soul nommed.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 19, 2017

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

List of irregulars who came after the current government:

Dude who slaughtered a bunch of super powerful people and just loving vanished

Dude who killed A GOD and just loving vanished

Apparently an abusive pervert

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Two Tone Shoes posted:

List of irregulars who came after the current government:

Dude who slaughtered a bunch of super powerful people and just loving vanished

Dude who killed A GOD and just loving vanished

Apparently an abusive pervert

An abusive pervert who is literally untouchable by anyone in the Tower. Which actually makes him even more awful, because he's a person. The other two are basically videogame avatars and super murdered gods just 'cause, Mazino has a personality, and that personality is just terrible at helping the little man.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Those final few battles sure would've gotten awkward if White did his thing even just a few minutes earlier. I wonder if they'll take care of all that nonsense now or it'll get put off for a big ol' rematch down the line.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Man what is going on the floor of death and how did they let someone like Joaquin into the biggest all you can eat buffet in the universe? How could this possibly go any worse for everyone on this floor?

It's going to be funny though when Joaquin and Karaka go all in on Urek and get one shotted by the black hole beam that no one has acknowledged for 20 chapters.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Wow, it's really nice seeing Bam being so worried when he saw Rachel, he's a really nice and caring guy.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Baam is now powerful enough to be gullible and honest

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Baam is now powerful enough to be gullible and honest

Even if he wasn't, he's spent so much of his life obsessing over her that it's going to be incredibly difficult to break the instinctive urge to jump to her side whenever she's in the slightest danger. When things are calmer and he doesn't have to make snap decisions it's much easier for him to keep his cool and remain distanced, but when the adrenaline hits and he's got to jump first and look second he'll probably find himself jumping towards her more often than not

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm glad white suddenly became really powerful again only to get killed

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I want it to happen where White tries to fight Urek, thinking he's now hot poo poo again, and get slapped down without effort on Urek's part.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So question is, who has better affinity towards soul based spells? Surely Joaquin has more experience and a bigger repertoire of soulsian wizardry, but between being able to sustain shinsoo generation and being a giant souls warehouse and combination vacuum, Baam might be able to "undo" Joaquins recent dietary choices. I actually think Urek is going to shoot a classic "later, bby" and scurry off before poo poo really hits the fan.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Baam might not want to fight White with his full power, because he might be risking the souls by using his black holes.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

nimby posted:

Baam might not want to fight White with his full power, because he might be risking the souls by using his black holes.

if only baam was a petty narcissistic hedonistic demigod like so many chinese web novel main characters

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Either Urek is going to be written out of this somehow or he is going to smash White because he seems pretty mad right now

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I think it'd be real dumb if Baam suddenly legitimately stopped caring about Rachel. Of course he cares that she might be dying. He's rationalized and accepted that they're at odds to a degree, but he's not just going to go apathetic if he sees her dying. Even Rachel still cares about Baam more than that, considering she didn't kill Baam during that Hell Train contest vs Hoaqin (as Khun so pointed out).

I imagine Hoaqin and Karaka are just going to get away. Karaka knows how little a chance they stand against Urek and also has the secret passageways in the FoD from earlier that he used to get in. Hoaqin has been set up as Baam's antithesis far too long for him to just get murderstomped by Urek here. He's even got the easily written instapowerups that'll let him match Baam's meteoric growth for awhile. This latest Soul Room powerup might just put him level with Baam if Baam does get a second Thorn piece soon.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 20, 2017

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Obviously Rachel is going to get better and upgrade her barely loyal ally from Hoaqin to Mazino.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shugojin posted:

Either Urek is going to be written out of this somehow or he is going to smash White because he seems pretty mad right now

Considering that White is being set up as mostly returning to his old school power, I doubt Mazio is leaving unless White swallows his pride and fucks off without trying to beat down all the people who dared to stand up to him. Isn't full power White a fairly strong ranker? I mean, Baam and the crew do have two Jahad Princess rankers, a high level guide ranker, and probably someone else who's a ranker I'm forgetting about to help out, but ranker level White seems a little much right now.

Unless Baam's most recent power up lets him stomp people who should be super far beyond his hopes of stomping.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Gyges posted:

Considering that White is being set up as mostly returning to his old school power, I doubt Mazio is leaving unless White swallows his pride and fucks off without trying to beat down all the people who dared to stand up to him. Isn't full power White a fairly strong ranker? I mean, Baam and the crew do have two Jahad Princess rankers, a high level guide ranker, and probably someone else who's a ranker I'm forgetting about to help out, but ranker level White seems a little much right now.

Unless Baam's most recent power up lets him stomp people who should be super far beyond his hopes of stomping.

White was a Ranker but they've never said how highly he was ranked. Even if he was in the upper tierr of High Rankers he still wouldn't be anything to Mazino, most likely.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I think it'd be real dumb if Baam suddenly legitimately stopped caring about Rachel. Of course he cares that she might be dying. He's rationalized and accepted that they're at odds to a degree, but he's not just going to go apathetic if he sees her dying. Even Rachel still cares about Baam more than that, considering she didn't kill Baam during that Hell Train contest vs Hoaqin (as Khun so pointed out).

I imagine Hoaqin and Karaka are just going to get away. Karaka knows how little a chance they stand against Urek and also has the secret passageways in the FoD from earlier that he used to get in. Hoaqin has been set up as Baam's antithesis far too long for him to just get murderstomped by Urek here. He's even got the easily written instapowerups that'll let him match Baam's meteoric growth for awhile. This latest Soul Room powerup might just put him level with Baam if Baam does get a second Thorn piece soon.

white was a ranker so if he's even remotely close to his original power then baam isn't a match at all

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Jose posted:

white was a ranker so if he's even remotely close to his original power then baam isn't a match at all

I believe he still needs the last clone to fully become White. This seems like just a powerup that, I imagine, will let him leave the train and stuff so he can keep climbing the tower to antagonize Baam.

Baam also a ton of souls if it comes down to a straight power level fight, he's just reluctant to use them unless he has to.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Their fight will be called "Black Hole vs White rear end in a top hat"

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Why are you guys comparing Joaquins rank? He was a slayer or close to being slayer, just like Karaka. Whether that makes him out of Baam's league is another question altogether.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that was an unexpected ending

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

White is either going to get owned, or Urek is going to end up interrupting them and there'll be a floor-destroying fight.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh so that's who's going to stop Urek from just annihilating all the antagonists now.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Sindai posted:

Oh so that's who's going to stop Urek from just annihilating all the antagonists now.

Probably the family leader that casually showed up. Urek is allied with Garam who works for him, apparently. Seems like he's going to do whatever he wants in this situation.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

nimby posted:

White is either going to get owned, or Urek is going to end up interrupting them and there'll be a floor-destroying fight.

I doubt Urek is going to get there since he's taking an entirely different path than the one that Karaka and White are on.

I guess now we'll have a good measure of how strong White is if he ends up fighting with this family head (is this a new one or have we seen him before?).

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

FUG guys can't catch a break. Not that they deserve one but sheesh.

I do like how the FoD's mystique and danger has been propped up by Po Bidau. He's been involved with FUG's machinations before (back during the Workshop arc, with the high ranker guy who wants the ladle). Makes a lot more sense that way.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Genocyber posted:

I doubt Urek is going to get there since he's taking an entirely different path than the one that Karaka and White are on.

I guess now we'll have a good measure of how strong White is if he ends up fighting with this family head (is this a new one or have we seen him before?).

its the family head who was involved in the workshop and killed the guy there. he's also the dad of the jahad princess who went berserk

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Genocyber posted:

If he's as ungodly fast as he's strong, he could get there if White starts fighting and the good guys hear/see the collateral damage.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Well that was a good chapter.

ManGator is back!

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-257/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=338

That was quite amusing and the ending ruled.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
A fitting consequence for White's greed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Holy loving poo poo! Everything about this chapter just :psyboom: