Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Barnsy posted:

I is confused...

That reminds me: gently caress Australian imports. Not possible to get a non-LAMS version of the 650. You CAN get the MT-07 full power, but without the ABS (WTF?!?)

It was a while ago and probably in another CA thread but I promised a video of new exhaust on new bike.

If you are confused about the mysterious text...it's because the video reminded me of this immediately after I watched it after recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7wFbAKLzzg

Impkins Patootie fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

gently caress yeah freighter.

(fresh HG from last months camping trip. whoops. :v:)

bitch is getting proper temp gauges when i'm home again.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

cursedshitbox posted:

gently caress yeah freighter.

(fresh HG from last months camping trip. whoops. :v:)

bitch is getting proper temp gauges when i'm home again.

Is that the entire wiring harness from your bus hanging on the wall?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Is that the entire wiring harness from your bus hanging on the wall?

nah. It's for the truck. WiP. getting finished and going in when i get back.

E: bus will be prepp'd and sold.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 19, 2017

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Got the two sittin pretty now (yes the front tire still needs to be replaced, and the stickers peeled off)

Any more bikes and I'll have to rent a house.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Let's do this.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Revvik posted:

Let's do this.

Too clean. Gotta at least sprinkle some lawn dirt on the plastic.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Revvik posted:

Let's do this.

That's a good cat. I'll swap you some SM wheels for the cat.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Incredibly tempting. Would save me the hunt for wheels, AND the elderly cat care on the monster and her lovely kidneys.

Today I rode my SMT to work. My lunch break was spent swapping out for the DRZ. The Big Gun slip-on exhaust was obnoxious when I first got it but it's growing on me. I'm still kind of in shock that this bike runs so well.

I contacted someone already who wants to trade his 2016 SM wheel set for my '01 dirt set. As my luck can't possibly be this good, I expect it to fall through before the July trade date comes up and I'll be forced to shelve supermoto wheels until after my August trip to AZ.

Meanwhile I still need to grab a rack so I'm not wrapping a duffel bag to the rear fender with a bungee cord anymore.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

About a month ago I said goodbye to my friend Hyosung 650 Comet

And hello to my new love Yamaha MT-10 SP.

It's a pretty huge upgrade, but I've already put over 3k km on the MT and finally getting used to having way more power and response. I'm in love, and the Korean twisties are pretty amazing and allow it to shine.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Still love this thing

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

nullscan posted:

It's a pretty huge upgrade, but I've already put over 3k km on the MT and finally getting used to having way more power and response. I'm in love, and the Korean twisties are pretty amazing and allow it to shine.

good lord that thing looks good with those colors, it'd almost make it worth it even if it wasn't for the other upgrades. I hope they bring the FZ-10 SP to the states.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

opengl128 posted:

Still love this thing

That is beautiful, I wish they never changed the headlights. What year is it?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

nullscan posted:

What does the "SP" get you?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ilkhan posted:

small penis

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

ilkhan posted:

TFT Dash, Quickshifter & Electronically adjustable suspension

All of which I would love to have on my lowly stateside FZ-10

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Spiffness posted:

Sounds like good changes. Pity we don't get them.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
electronically adjustable Ohlins suspension, at that

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
Signs are still up

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

hit the bricks pal! posted:

That is beautiful, I wish they never changed the headlights. What year is it?

2009. :britain:

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

Found some green lanes near my parent's place. Only mildly spoiled by hayfever brought on by multiple branches to the face.

theKGEntleman
Sep 17, 2004
song2
My 95' Ninja starter. I have a poo poo eating grin everytime I get on this thing. I can't believe it's taken me 32 years to begin to ride.

theKGEntleman fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 27, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow that looks very clean!!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

theKGEntleman posted:

My 95' Ninja starter. I have a poo poo eating grin everytime I get on this thing. I can't believe it's taken me 32 years to begin to ride.

Very clean indeed.

Get those new tires though

theKGEntleman
Sep 17, 2004
song2

Sagebrush posted:

Very clean indeed.

Get those new tires though

It's in the shop for them and a complete look through. I heard ya.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

theKGEntleman posted:

well done!

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the world of motorcycles, mon ami

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Shelvocke posted:

Found some green lanes near my parent's place. Only mildly spoiled by hayfever brought on by multiple branches to the face.

More pics of your wheelie couch TIA.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

theKGEntleman posted:

This paint job would give me a grin too. And a boner. Congrats on your choice.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Spiffness posted:

Supposedly all the 17 MT-10s are getting the quickshifter. But yeah, the suspension is like butter and I still haven't gone into the higher power modes or dicked with the setting much.

And the custom SP paint job is pretty baller.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

Slavvy posted:

More pics of your wheelie couch TIA.

Ok

Photos as interesting as the design of the bike, sorry.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

nullscan posted:

Supposedly all the 17 MT-10s are getting the quickshifter. But yeah, the suspension is like butter and I still haven't gone into the higher power modes or dicked with the setting much.

And the custom SP paint job is pretty baller.

Quickshifter is only a $200 upgrade here in the states, so not too bad. Suspension is really actually pretty good on the FZ-10 once you get serious with the clickers and spring it for your weight, but you can't beat Ohlins that does it for you. That TFT dash is what I really feel like I'm missing out on.

Naturally though, I want the auto-blipper (down/up) quickshift, so that means I'm looking at about $750 for the unit, plus an ECU flash, so if I'm doing that I may as well get the link pipe... before you know it I'm in $1,500 at least.

I don't think I would buy any color that doesn't have the neon wheels but I respect that I have the personal tastes of a 12 year old

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Shelvocke posted:

Ok

Photos as interesting as the design of the bike, sorry.

Are you kidding? I'd drive a truck into a group of grandmothers to get my hands on one of those. Sweet tank too!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I thought it was boring until I saw the 650R. Congrats on having a bike that only a handful of people will appreciate.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I was pretty lucky I think, the guy I bought it off didn't seem to know much about it or the heritage so was a bit of a steal. Planning to take it around the world next year.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

150 mile day off. Preparing myself for an eight day stretch of work days starting tomorrow.
"Sick mirror delete mod!!!" courtesy of a friend of mine who wants to learn to ride.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

theKGEntleman posted:

Clean & rad! Congrats!

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Hey, I'm a motorcycle person now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That is an awesome color scheme