Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

FCKGW posted:

It fills me with such joy that you dug up a four month old post to let everyone know how dumb you are.

Thanks, I love you too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Because people replace the actual audio from the video with the same audio, to be funny.

Here's a Youtube playlist full of them.

I'm not sure if it's good or bad that Dolores o'riordan isn't getting royalties.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hmm.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Finally my bifurcated penis disability is being catered for.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Let's be honest, everyone balks at using neighboring urinals anyway, might as well do it this way and save some wasted space.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ashcans posted:

Let's be honest, everyone balks at using neighboring urinals anyway, might as well do it this way and save some wasted space.

this.... is not the most efficient solution to that particular sociological problem

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

The Bloop posted:

this.... is not the most efficient solution to that particular sociological problem

Yeah, we need Wrigley field style troughs in every public bathroom.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ban urinals, only private toilet compartments. Also force all men to sit down to pee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54t0iyp_udc

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Doctor Butts posted:

I think the color of the cabinets plus the counter are OK. The walls being a textured red backsplash just does not work at all, and isn't even where it needs to be.

The ceiling fan is in a place where no one will be unless they are walking through the room.

The island that doesn't match a drat thing in the kitchen is the most glaring thing. Also, the orphan cabinet.

The area under the fan was probably a breakfast nook before the island went in-- probably used to be a peninsula?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Coworker got a call yesterday from his mother in law stating something non-nonchalantly like "my printer was smoking, can you come take a look at it? I need to run to work." No sense of urgency, and it had since stopped. He happened to go by before work to take a look.

But why did it stop smoking you ask?

Then where did the cord go?

Thankfully the desk is solid oak and he happened to go by, she had left for work. But why didn't the breaker open?

Zinsco to the rescue! She nearly got a new house out of it.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

H110Hawk posted:

Coworker got a call yesterday from his mother in law stating something non-nonchalantly like "my printer was smoking, can you come take a look at it? I need to run to work." No sense of urgency, and it had since stopped. He happened to go by before work to take a look.

Proof that you should never, ever let the smoke out :colbert:

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

H110Hawk posted:

But why did it stop smoking you ask?

Then where did the cord go?

Thankfully the desk is solid oak and he happened to go by, she had left for work. But why didn't the breaker open?

Zinsco to the rescue! She nearly got a new house out of it.

I never understand why when things like this happen they don't immediately attempt to unplug it and remove it from their hone.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

HERAK posted:

I never understand why when things like this happen they don't immediately attempt to unplug it and remove it from their hone.
Assumed thought process: :downs: It's just plastic, it's not like it can catch on fire or anything. :downs:

insta
Jan 28, 2009
i assume it's more "it was allowed to be sold, surely it's safe and this will stop soon".

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

In the category of "Craigslist rentals you will die in":

And it's up a 4-wheel drive-only road so the firetruck won't get to you before the deathtrap burns to the ground.

But hey. only $400!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Im confused. How does it work if you rent "single rooms"? Where are the cats mentioned? Why are they in the rental house in the first place?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
There's a separate building that has more renters, a kitchen, and animals. At least, that's what I assume is going on.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why is there a dead tree in the middle of the house?

Youth Decay posted:

And it's up a 4-wheel drive-only road so the firetruck won't get to you before the deathtrap burns to the ground.

It has 3 fire extinguishers tho. Plastic walls, but 3 fire extinguishers. You'll be fine.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

:pusheen:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I think I have that exact lovely $10 floor lamp.

Except it's in the living room as god intended. Also in a structure that won't fall over if you look at it funny.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The real question is how much is the per day rate to airbnb it?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

There's a separate building that has more renters, a kitchen, and animals. At least, that's what I assume is going on.

Yes, the "guest house" is next to the big house (where the guy is renting out individual rooms). Whole property sold for $104,000 last year "as-is". It looks like this:

The story behind the place is sort of interesting. Would not want to actually live there though.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Haifisch posted:

I think I have that exact lovely $10 floor lamp.

I'm about two feet away from mine!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Youth Decay posted:

Yes, the "guest house" is next to the big house (where the guy is renting out individual rooms). Whole property sold for $104,000 last year "as-is". It looks like this:

The story behind the place is sort of interesting. Would not want to actually live there though.

Aren't those just screencaps from Harry Potter?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

"that downspout's a bit weird"

"legally, that's a fire escape."

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

I think that's the first time I've ever seen a toilet at 45 degrees angle to the floor tiles, and I used to shoot the real estate ads.

Actual modern mansion I photographed for the newspaper:

Widow spent her dead husband's oil money on an ugly house in his honor.

Split-level garage.

Gilt tinplate ceiling in the foyer stolen salvaged from an old church.

A bedroom.

A bathroom. I saw those same fixtures in that color (but the green tile went all the way up) in an un-remodeled house from the '50s last time I was in the market. As '50s chic it's quaint and cute, but that's ... not.

Another thing taken from an old building intended to make it look cool.

Edit: I'm sure it's well-built, because $Texas, but lordy, lordy is it ugly.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 15, 2017

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

when you say modern like is that house from the 50s or not? holy poo poo that interior is oppressive but commie star bed owns

edit. VVV ewwwwwwwwww :wtc:

peanut fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jul 15, 2017

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

peanut posted:

when you say modern like is that house from the 50s or not?

Dead husband made his money in the '50s, house was built around the turn of the century. The recent one. Too lazy to check the EXIF data in Photoshop, but iirc 2004-ish.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 15, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Delivery McGee posted:

Dead husband made his money in the '50s, house was built around the turn of the century. The recent one.

This is a travesty

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is a travesty

:thejoke:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Finally my bifurcated penis disability is being catered for.

I think that's technically called a hemipenis.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I think that's technically called a hemipenis.

DoubleDickDude says it’s diphallia and I’m not going to argue with him.

This page is just text but with :nws: links.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That appears to be a dead, still-in-the-ground tree serving as a major structural support, yes? I wonder if these people are aware that the roots are certainly rotting and the tree is destined to fall...

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Leperflesh posted:

That appears to be a dead, still-in-the-ground tree serving as a major structural support, yes? I wonder if these people are aware that the roots are certainly rotting and the tree is destined to fall...

Maybe the tree is decorative and the drywall is structural.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Leperflesh posted:

It's probably just a curved piece of timber.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

shortspecialbus posted:

Maybe the tree is decorative and the drywall is structural.

The house was apparently built by artists so both are equally likely.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
tree houses ehh?

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3532-Berne-Way_Fort-Wayne_IN_46808_M34592-79940#photo0

just scroll through the photos, of this "fixer upper"

edit : wrong pic.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Leperflesh posted:

i can't find it now because it was in a gallery of several hundred pictures, but on my home inspector's horror show gallery, there was one where a fully dead tree was being used a deck support, except it was only like 4-5" wide and the hole for it was bigger than the tree by a decent amount, so they'd just nailed some 1x4 to the sides of the tree then rested the deck on that.

i have no idea how it even supported its own weight

edit: like yeah there were other supports and some of them looked at least semi okay but this was supporting one entire corner

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

tree houses ehh?

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3532-Berne-Way_Fort-Wayne_IN_46808_M34592-79940#photo0

just scroll through the photos, of this "fixer upper"

edit : wrong pic.

Oh god the bulging in the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh god the bulging in the floor

i mean i'm not a treeologist (and i never will be, god, treeology is so loving political), but with a trunk that size i gotta imagine the canopy is like 40 feet wide, meaning the roots are probably at least 60 feet in diameter from edge to edge, meaning holy poo poo are they gonna be HUGE that close to the tree. RIP their floor slowly over the course of several years.