Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Kazy posted:

Is "Sis" some weird pet name then or some weird honorific.

I was in board with Kale having romantic feelings until she started calling her "Sis" which I'm pretty sure she used the word for sister.
I know anime yakuza-types always call each other "bro" and I think Caulifla and Kale are going for that kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gruckles posted:

I know anime yakuza-types always call each other "bro" and I think Caulifla and Kale are going for that kind of thing.

this is exactly what's happening

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

kale and caulifla are a cute couple

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love Lady Broly

SOOONN GOOOOKKKKUUUU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shards of Fate posted:

Why has no one mentioned the closeup shot of Caulifa boobs bulking up in her transformation?

it was dumb but i still laughed

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shards of Fate posted:

Why has no one mentioned the closeup shot of Caulifa boobs bulking up in her transformation?

I mean, my thought when they when to a boob shot was "oh, we're doing a close up of bulking that t...of course we're doing that. Alright, proceed."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The hilarious thing is that immediately there after they looked way flatter than normal, like actual body builder's boobs.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
lol at everyone arguing over whether or not kale and caulifaa are gay, just lol. Power level discussions are better than this. Kale and caulifaa are boring one-note characters so who cares if they together or not? :shrug:

Anyway one thing i've been wondering is why the Gods of Creation are all drawn from a specific race (shinjin) while the Gods of Destruction seem to be from different races. Maybe to be a God of Creation you have to be born a god, but they'll let any ningen become a GoD if they get strong enough.

Also why are all the angels so much stronger than even the gods? Is it just because theyre immortal and have more time to get swole?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the sexual humor of that shot actually reminded me to show thanks that 'master roshi perving on the saiyan girls' wasn't what made kale go super saiyan bro-kale-ly like i'd been sorta dreading

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Burkion posted:

The hilarious thing is that immediately there after they looked way flatter than normal, like actual body builder's boobs.

I mean, who do you think they use for reference shots?

Also, breasts are a mix of fat tissue and mammary organs. So, if you turn all that fat to muscle, the breast is going to get smaller and flatter, no? Like that's how that works, right?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I am glad the unbeatable fusion of Magetta and Botamo continues.

Kale's beast mode ignoring the kamehameha was loving fantastic too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Blue Star posted:

lol at everyone arguing over whether or not kale and caulifaa are gay, just lol. Power level discussions are better than this. Kale and caulifaa are boring one-note characters so who cares if they together or not? :shrug:

Anyway one thing i've been wondering is why the Gods of Creation are all drawn from a specific race (shinjin) while the Gods of Destruction seem to be from different races. Maybe to be a God of Creation you have to be born a god, but they'll let any ningen become a GoD if they get strong enough.

Also why are all the angels so much stronger than even the gods? Is it just because theyre immortal and have more time to get swole?
Apparently it's implied that the Kai all grow from trees while the GoD are just the most powerful people in that universe and some are just better at their jobs than others.

That could mean that Goku could eventually become a God of Destruction and through total ignorance he just beats weaker planets out of existence by trying to find a good fight.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blue Star posted:

Dragonball is exclusively staffed by one note characters so why care about anything.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kale definitely has a crush on Caulifla, but she's too much of a Goku to realize it. I thought this was obvious!

Cabba being alt-Vegeta is pretty funny though

Covok
May 27, 2013

Cassa posted:

I am glad the unbeatable fusion of Magetta and Botamo continues.

Kale's beast mode ignoring the kamehameha was loving fantastic too.

All I could think was "she's doing the no-sell thing that Broly's known for!"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kale and Caulifla are fictional characters who exist only the mind of the reader, ergo their relationship is whatever you personally sincerely believe it to be based on your reading of the text, there I solved it for you

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Well Brolly's whole motivation was that Goku cried too drat loud as a child so Kale's motivation being that her best friend is giving Goku too much attention is equally as one dimensional and makes sense

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Maybe the secret is to always be irrationally angry at Goku specifically. Not at Vegeta, not at Cabba, not at anyone else. All Saiyans achieve their true form just by getting mad at Goku.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Vegeta, Gohan, checks out

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RealFoxy posted:

Well Brolly's whole motivation was that Goku cried too drat loud as a child so Kale's motivation being that her best friend is giving Goku too much attention is equally as one dimensional and makes sense

That isn't her motivation.

She doesn't give a poo poo about Goku specifically.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Dragonball is exclusively staffed by one note characters so why care about anything.
lol if you care about anything, ever

y'all saw that right, I said I didn't care about things

Maple Leaf posted:

Maybe the secret is to always be irrationally angry at Goku specifically. Not at Vegeta, not at Cabba, not at anyone else. All Saiyans achieve their true form just by getting mad at Goku.
So you're saying the Super Saiyan transformation wasn't possible until Goku was around to get mad at, eh...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

She got mad as gently caress at Goku and it gave them a reason to make even more Broly comparisons, there's not really much more to it than that

She wanted to beat Cabba up for the same thing

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Maple Leaf posted:

i don't like what this implies about my boy goku's self-esteem

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Aurora posted:

She got mad as gently caress at Goku and it gave them a reason to make even more Broly comparisons, there's not really much more to it than that

She wanted to beat Cabba up for the same thing
She was mad because she was insulted which is also a very childish, Brolly thing. They have thin skin and a short temper.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Latin nerd legend Adrian Barba did a thing again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80flKplgwMo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also should note as shown by a screen shot. The Yardrat teleported before he was actually eliminated. As it looks like the effect is slightly different.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Brother Entropy posted:

i don't like what this implies about my boy goku's self-esteem

the one opponent he cant defeat. himself

well i guess until he beat himself up in the zamasu arc

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also should note as shown by a screen shot. The Yardrat teleported before he was actually eliminated. As it looks like the effect is slightly different.
Honestly showing instant transmission still works and Goku never using it is the most Goku thing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the Yardrat guy being an instant transmission master is pretty cool and I hope we get to see him get a real fight in at some point, though beating his gimmick is probably the same as beating Hit initially was (just predict where he'll be and smack him)

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So correct me if I'm wrong but so far the only universes that haven't had a ring out are Universe 2 and 6?

Go Champa!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am kind of Amazed Nigarishi was the first U3 fighter to go out.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Turns out being robots means the other fighters can get a lot more violent with you without killing you.

Brother Entropy posted:

the sexual humor of that shot actually reminded me to show thanks that 'master roshi perving on the saiyan girls' wasn't what made kale go super saiyan bro-kale-ly like i'd been sorta dreading
Don't worry, Ribriane and co. will be coming soon. You'll have plenty to cringe about then.

Covok
May 27, 2013

HGH posted:

Turns out being robots means the other fighters can get a lot more violent with you without killing you.

Don't worry, Ribriane and co. will be coming soon. You'll have plenty to cringe about then.

I really hope it doesn't get as cringe worthy as the temple scene. Holy gently caress did that one cross the line.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Roshi was a secret chubbychaser this whole time

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
That episode was loving great, and yeah Kale is gay as poo poo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Kale is loving terrible. Caluflia and Cabba are awesome.
I agree, she's been the worst part of super since episode 1

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

the Yardrat guy being an instant transmission master is pretty cool and I hope we get to see him get a real fight in at some point, though beating his gimmick is probably the same as beating Hit initially was (just predict where he'll be and smack him)

I want to see at least one sequence of him zipping around the arena and teleporting a bunch of cannon-fodder fighters off the edge.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Plankton posted:

didn't he get ring out'd?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

bowmore posted:

didn't he get ring out'd?

he teleported back on the stage but it wasn't really emphasized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Man.....

.......................I REALLY want to see if they bust out something crazy for Gohan in this. And I know that by stating such, I have officially set myself up for colossal disappointment.

EDIT: Basically this episode owned all the bones, I hate Broly but I dig Kale, everything is great even if I got really sad when 18 chastised my personal hero and best friend, Krillin.